• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Italy Seizes russian Oligarch's Yacht: Govt

I really need to seize some Russian’s yacht. I could use one.

Good for Italy.

Short term pin prick for these super rich oligarchs. However if they come to believe they will never be allowed out into the real world to enjoy their wealth it may start having some blowback on Putin.

Short term pin prick for these super rich oligarchs. However if they come to believe they will never be allowed out into the real world to enjoy their wealth it may start having some blowback on Putin.
One can only hope.

Putin is obsessed with power and destruction. He is destroying his own country alongside Ukraine. It's happening in real time. If he can't see this or at least care about it, nothing will stop him short of a bounty that yields results.

The average Russian troop earns roughly $500 per month. With the value of the Russian currency now, that translates to about $5 per month. I just wonder how long the Russian people can sustain this.

I'm not keen on governments confiscating private citizens' property without a trial.

I'm not keen on governments confiscating private citizens' property without a trial.
You thought slaves were happy to be slaves. Nobody cares about your dumb opinions. This is adult time here. Go sit at the kid's table.

Personally I love watching these sons of bitches getting their shit took.

Sell it and use the proceeds to rebuild Ukraine once Russia is kicked out.
Holy shit i never thought we would ever come together quite like this. Im in some world even sci fi writers couldnt come up with.

That makes them guilty by association?

Something about that seems unamerican.
Oligarchs are the reason why Putin is in power. They are the ones who wield the real power in that country.

This is not an "American" issue.

Oligarchs are the reason why Putin is in power. They are the ones who wield the real power in that country.

This is not an "American" issue.
Fair point about them not being American and not being entitled to the same rights as our citizens from a legal standpoint.

Fair point about them not being American and not being entitled to the same rights as our citizens from a legal standpoint.
It's not even about that. You totally missed the point.

It's not even about that. You totally missed the point.
I didn't miss your point. You have deemed them responsible for the war without any proof. Because you believe they are responsible other governments are entitled to seize their assets. I am uncomfortable doing that without the benefit of a trial. For all we know they may be trying to talk him into walking it back. Whatever they are doing, they are not invading another country. Putin is doing that. We are acting like they are doing it too. It's not their military.

If they are funding the military, where is the paper trail showing that?

Back
Top Bottom