• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Italian Journalist Among the Dead in Strasbourg Christmas Market Attack

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Italian Premier Giuseppe Conte says a young Italian journalist who was badly wounded in the Strasbourg Christmas market attack has died.

French police say four people have died in the attack Tuesday in the eastern French city and about a dozen others were wounded.

Conte tweeted on Friday that he was expressing “deep sorrow for the death of Antonio Megalizzi, a young man with great passion for journalism, for radio, for investigations and for European institutions.”

Megalizzi, 29, was hospitalized in very grave condition in the first hours after the attack. Chérif Chekatt had been on a French intelligence watch list for radicalism before he allegedly killed four people and wounded several others in Tuesday’s attack. Police had tried and failed to arrest him earlier in the day.

https://www.apnews.com/b417331ed5af4c5fa626d9a8c08f8d1f

French police raided the terrorist's apartment the day of the attack, but he was absent, as he was already en route to the Christmas market, intent on taking lives.

A brief description of the terrorist:

- born in France to Algerian parents
- a life long criminal, Chekatt had 27 convictions in France, Germany, and Switzerland in his 29 years of life
- born Muslim, he was radicalized in prison
- police were trying to apprehend Chekatt for attempted murder on the day he committed the Strasbourg attack

Chérif Chekatt was a part of the migration replacement that the UN says is of utmost importance for saving Europe from their homogeneity derived disaster. A very fine person in the eyes of EU and UN officials and supporters, I'm sure.

~ Chérif Chekatt was a part of the migration replacement that the UN says is of utmost importance for saving Europe from their homogeneity derived disaster.

You got a link for this?

police were trying to apprehend Chekatt ~ A very fine person in the eyes of EU and UN officials and supporters, I'm sure.

Why would you contradict yourself or are you just posting pure unadulterated BS as usual? Otherwise, why would the police be trying to apprehend Chekatt if the EU and UN wanted to support him?

You got a link for this?

Why would you contradict yourself or are you just posting pure unadulterated BS as usual? Otherwise, why would the police be trying to apprehend Chekatt if the EU and UN wanted to support him?

Ah, but they were 'too late' in catching him, weren't they? Even though he was on the terrorism watch list since 2015. His case closely resembles the Charlie Hebdo attack, and the Bataclan attack, where French counterterrorism agents also missed apprehending the attackers before they went on a murder rampage.

Ah, but they were 'too late' in catching him, weren't they? Even though he was on the terrorism watch list since 2015. His case closely resembles the Charlie Hebdo attack, and the Bataclan attack, where French counterterrorism agents also missed apprehending the attackers before they went on a murder rampage.

None of what you wrote had anything to do with what I asked you? Are you incapable of understanding simple requests and questions about clarifying what you wrote?

None of what you wrote had anything to do with what I asked you? Are you incapable of understanding simple requests and questions about clarifying what you wrote?

After our last exchange, where you spent a dozen replies defending a convicted criminal and thief practicing psychiatry without qualification, I'm not inclined to do much leg work in my replies to you. If you can disprove an earlier post of mine, go right ahead.

After our last exchange, where you spent a dozen replies defending a convicted criminal and thief practicing psychiatry without qualification, I'm not inclined to do much leg work in my replies to you. If you can disprove an earlier post of mine, go right ahead.

Sorry, if you lie expect to be called on it. You made claims, back them up.

Sorry, if you lie expect to be called on it. You made claims, back them up.

So you can't disprove anything. Stupendous IC. Qualifications are not imperative to you in general I see. The only imperative thing to you is that one be on the 'correct' side of group think and repressive government bureaucracy.

So you can't disprove anything. Stupendous IC. Qualifications are not imperative to you in general I see. The only imperative thing to you is that one be on the 'correct' side of group think and repressive government bureaucracy.

I've not started disproving anything, I'm simply waiting for evidence to back your statements. You know, verify facts and then make your mind up?

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

WTH is happening here?

Is the starter of this thread too exhausted already (I mean it's only Friday) to not put the failure of French police in apprehending both the Hebdo and the Strasbourg shooter(s) down to some dark Jewish forces having been at work?

Preferably on both sides?

In view of which the nationalities of the other 3 so far deceased (Thai, Afghan, French) are of course irrelevant, but one wonders why an Italian prompted this thread.

Oh yeah, come to think of it, he didn't. The OP perhaps just felt that taking the occurrence of a sack of rice falling over in some cellar in China would be an even more stupid thread opener.

Credit where it's due.:lol:

WTH is happening here?

Is the starter of this thread too exhausted already (I mean it's only Friday) to not put the failure of French police in apprehending both the Hebdo and the Strasbourg shooter(s) down to some dark Jewish forces having been at work?

In view of which the nationalities of the other 3 so far deceased (Thai, Afghan, French) are of course irrelevant, but one wonders why an Italian prompted this thread.

Oh yeah, come to think of it, he didn't. The OP perhaps just felt that taking the occurrence of a sack of rice falling over in some cellar in China would be an even more stupid thread opener.

Martin Schulz, former EU President,

"There are forces in Europe that want to generally give national policy priority over a common European approach. We have to prevent this."

National sovereignty is bad! Who do these Europeans think they are??

"Primary responsibility for Brexit lies with British conservatives, who took an entire continent hostage."

Those darn conservatives and their...

*spins wheel*

...self determination!

"My worry is that Donald Trump may inspire copycats, also in Europe. That's why I hope Hillary Clinton wins."

The copy cats are doing quite well in fact. Meanwhile, Macron's approval rating stands at 18%! :lol:

“For me, the new Germany exists only in order to ensure the existence of the State of Israel and the Jewish people.”

https://www.azquotes.com/author/60469-Martin_Schulz

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-thank-you-to-martin-schulz-1.5322471

dfgh1.gif

WTH is happening here?

I wasn't paying attention to who posted, wrote it off to Islamophobia CT. Kinda wondered "who's behind French and International police utilizing a psychotic murderer to stick it to whitey?"

Duh. Of course. It's Da Joos.

Last edited:
WTH is happening here?

Its always the Jews with this guy.

I wasn't paying attention to who posted, wrote it off to Islamophobia CT. Kinda wondered "who's behind French and International police utilizing a psychotic murderer to stick it to whitey?"

Duh. Of course. It's Da Joos.

Its always the Jews with this guy.

Europe hasn't yet learned how to be multicultural. Europe isn't going to go on being the monolithic place it once was. And blank are going to be resented for their leading role in making Europe multicultural. We have a lot of work to do, but without multiculturalism, Europe isn't going to survive.

Fill in the blank, usual suspects.

Last edited:
Priceless, one of the posters most ignorant of Europe spouting forth over it again, as usual.

Alone the asinine claim that Europe was ever a monolithic bloc is hilarious in its ignorance.

Priceless, one of the posters most ignorant of Europe spouting forth over it again, as usual.

Alone the asinine claim that Europe was ever a monolithic bloc is hilarious in its ignorance.

When that quote was issued 8 years ago, I couldn't make heads or tails of it. I thought people were overreacting to the video clip. Fast forward 8 years, and she's been exposed as a typical con artist who extorted Sweden for $4 million in order to found Padeia. She was 100% correct in describing who is behind the mass migration on the ground level. Remember this thread?

https://www.debatepolitics.com/euro...o-admits-coaching-migrants-lie-their-way.html

There are hundreds of such groups operating throughout Europe and the US. And a majority of people remain in the dark about it.

Next thing we'll have a link to cookery recipes, just to defend one's asinine claim of Europe ever having been a monolithic bloc.

Jumping all over the place like that is a sure sign of Friday progressing heavily.:lol:

Europe hasn't yet learned how to be multicultural. Europe isn't going to go on being the monolithic place it once was. And blank are going to be resented for their leading role in making Europe multicultural. We have a lot of work to do, but without multiculturalism, Europe isn't going to survive.

Fill in the blank, usual suspects.

Europe has literally never been monolithic.

Seriously, do you ever get tired of shrieking your hatred towards Jews, Muslims, and whomever else you've decided the "enemy of the day" is?

Martin Schulz, former EU President,

"There are forces in Europe that want to generally give national policy priority over a common European approach. We have to prevent this."

National sovereignty is bad! Who do these Europeans think they are??

"Primary responsibility for Brexit lies with British conservatives, who took an entire continent hostage."

Those darn conservatives and their...

*spins wheel*

...self determination!

"My worry is that Donald Trump may inspire copycats, also in Europe. That's why I hope Hillary Clinton wins."

The copy cats are doing quite well in fact. Meanwhile, Macron's approval rating stands at 18%! :lol:

“For me, the new Germany exists only in order to ensure the existence of the State of Israel and the Jewish people.”

https://www.azquotes.com/author/60469-Martin_Schulz

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-thank-you-to-martin-schulz-1.5322471

dfgh1.gif

Wow.

We've got a live one here folks.

This is the weirdest post I've seen from you today "truth"

Today, yes!

Overall I've seen even worse from him.

What about Schulz' comment that Germany exists only to serve the interests of Israel and Jews? What do you make of that? Oh that's right, you won't reply here.

What the OP fails to realize is that anyone with a bit of sense will by now have realized that virtually all his threads are started on a pretext that has absolutely nothing to do with what the OP then lets follow.

This one is a prime example in that one of the Strasbourg victims and his nationality find address only in the title and then the link. For the thread starter to then immediately branch off (derail his own thread) in pursuit of his real agenda, here to spout forth on his anti-immigration obsession, his anti-Muslim obsession and, given half a chance, with his obsession of "da eevul Jooz" being basically behind everything.

And that is practically all that's required in response to practically all his threads, namely addressing the dishonesty, the racism and the Jew-hatred that drives their coming into being.

And judging by responses so far, most here are long since wise to this oh so obvious fact and treat whatever other point the OP, time and time again, tries to smuggle in thru the back door with the disdain it deserves.

That's what I make of all this and it looks like I'm not the only one.

Incidentally Antonio Megalizzi was in Strasbourg to cover the European Parliament plenary session for radio network Europhonica.

Having studied at Trento he was finishing his Masters Degree. He hails from Calabria (Southernmost Italy).

His girl friend was with him in Strasbourg but not near at the shooting. Two friends and a journalist colleague escaped the attack that killed him by scrambling under the tables of a bar. But a Polish national who appears to have also been with him died a short while ago, bringing the death toll up to five.

The Frenchman was a Strasbourg resident, just recently retired from working in a bank.

The Afghan national lived in Strasbourg where he worked as a mechanic and had been walking towards the centre with his family, when shot.

The Thai tourist is reported as just recently having arrived in France.

At least 2 (perhaps 3) are seriously injured, with doctors fighting for their lives.

Deepest sympathy for the deceased and their families and friends and best wishes for a speedy recovery for the seriously and less seriously injured.

:lamo

You almost got a like for that, one of the silliest posts I've ever read. Why would I want to disprove a conspiracy theory?

Either the reporter for Haaretz lied, or Martin Schulz said Germany only exists as a resource for Israel & Jewry's benefit.

Back
Top Bottom