• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Italian 'Hitler wine' shocks Progressive Norwegians to their core

Ryan5

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
http://www.thelocal.it/20130805/italian-hitler-wine-shocks-norwegians

Paret Håvard and Geysa Furulund were shocked to find wine adorned with Adolf Hitler's face at a shop in Rimini. Photo: Vini Lunardellei/Paret Håvard

[h=1]Italian 'Hitler wine' leaves bad taste with tourists[/h]

A Norwegian couple were "astonished" after popping into a shop in Rimini in search of a fine bottle of Italian wine and instead of a pleasant vineyard image on the label, they were met with the face of Adolf Hitler.

Paret Håvard and Geysa Furulund said the German dictator’s image adorned several bottles, while a couple more were emblazoned with the face of the Italian dictator, Benito Mussolini.
"I heard that this wine is sold all over Italy, also in Rome. They sell it as a souvenir. It's a special wine for special people. I was astonished,” Håvard told The Local.
“I was surprised that there was a market for something like this, because I thought that even in Italy, the market couldn't be so big that it was economic to produce this kind of wine."
The bottles, which were placed on a shelf of dry goods instead of among other wines in the shop, were labelled ‘Adolf Hitler’ and ‘Mein Fuhrer’, while others had a swastika sign.
"There can only be two kinds of people who are buying this wine: you have people who actually identify with these kinds of thoughts, and you have young people haven't lived through the Second World war, so they think it's funny, it is almost a joke," added Håvard.
Vini Lunardelli in Udine has been making the so-called ‘historical' wines since 1995, a range which is intended to "reflect the lives of famous people in Italian and world history, such as Che Guevara, Churchill, Francis Joseph, Gramsci, Hitler, Marx, Mussolini, Napoleon and Sissi,” according to a message on thecompany’s website.
1375697807_hitlerwine.jpg

The company said the wines have “attracted a lot of attention from media around the world both for the originality of the idea and the quality of the product.”
Alessandro Lunardelli, the company’s owner, could not be reached for comment by The Local on Monday.
The Local (angela.giuffrida@thelocal.com)

I'm not sure how much of a market there really could be for Hitler wine but I think this guy's faux indignation is silly too.

It sounds like just the thing to have with my Obama Fried Chicken

obama%20fried%20chicken.jpg

Back
Top Bottom