• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It Was a Corrupt Quid Pro Quo

This was an attempt at bribery and extortion and must be met with the severest possible punishment of both crimes..

I'd say firing squad!
#TREASON!!!

What is it about requiring a historically corrupt nation, one with evidence of ties to corruption involving US politice and one with a brand new president, to acknowledge that corruption and vow to investigate it for the purpose of insuring that it doesn’t continue, that creates a corrupt quid pro quo?

What IS it about so-called 'conservatives' that they constantly and tautologically misrepresent what this is actually all about and backed up by undeniable evidence of criminality and corruption?

Yes. And Giulianni didn't say anything about "dirt on Biden", either.
Wrong, Giuliani reiterated Oranges demand that aid depended on the investigation.

Like I said..."those who are lying and talking about "dirt on Biden".
whut?

Wrong, Giuliani reiterated Oranges demand that aid depended on the investigation.

whut?

Again...Giuliani didn't say anything about "dirt on Biden".

This whole "dirt on Biden" nonsense is a lie that was made up to justify using this very normal Ukraine issue for the purpose of getting at Trump. But it's still nothing more than a lie and nobody has supported the lie in testimony with any facts.

Biden provided his own dirt. He announced his quid pro quo publicly. He's repeatedly lied since saying he didn't talk to his son about Burisma. Hunter Biden said exactly the opposite. But hey, let's get after Trump for wanting to look into Dem muckraking in Ukraine in 2016. Heaven forbid that would be exposed. However, after the IG and Durham reports, it hopefully will all be exposed.

Donald Trump tried to both bribe and extort a foreign leader into giving him dirt on a political rival that he could use in his own election campaign. That is a crime.

That was not the purpose and could not have been the purpose as the Biden story was already in the press and had been since before Trump became president.

Getting dirt on a political opponent was exactly the purpose of the Trump effort to bribe and extort a foreign leader so he could use it in his own election campaign. And that is a crime. And it has been confirmed by several people.

I don't recall reading that in the transcript. I do recall the president asking the leader to look into corruption. I guess if that corruption involves a democrat we cannot look into it. WOW.

Trump committed the crime that has been explained for a month now and has been confirmed by many Trump officials.

I'd say firing squad!
#TREASON!!!

I am not a lawyer, but I think the punishment for bribery and extortion falls a bit short of execution.

Getting dirt on a political opponent was exactly the purpose of the Trump effort to bribe and extort a foreign leader so he could use it in his own election campaign. And that is a crime. And it has been confirmed by several people.

Just so I have this straight, Trump announces that he's putting Barr on the hunt for 2016 election shenanigans in April of 2019. Barr announces that he's looking into "spying" related to the 2016 campaign in the same month. That's all public record. The press has a field day with "investigating the investigators". Then on July 25th, 2019, 3 months AFTER the public announcements by Trump and Barr, Trump asks Zelensky to cooperate in the probe and somehow or other that becomes "digging up dirt"? Cooperating with an investigation that is a matter of public record IS NOT "digging up dirt".

Not only did the president hold up aid to Ukraine; he made its release contingent on a statement advancing his own political interests.

defense-large.jpg

Despite what the Republicans are now trying to peddle - It was a quid pro quo, but not a corrupt quid pro quo - I believe the corrupt intent was so transparent that Americans will have no doubts that it was indeed an illegal shakedown.

I believe the Republicans - and Donald Trump - will rue their insistence of public/televised House hearings.

Is that Sondland's profile mug shot in the OP?

Not only did the president hold up aid to Ukraine; he made its release contingent on a statement advancing his own political interests.

defense-large.jpg

Despite what the Republicans are now trying to peddle - It was a quid pro quo, but not a corrupt quid pro quo - I believe the corrupt intent was so transparent that Americans will have no doubts that it was indeed an illegal shakedown.

I believe the Republicans - and Donald Trump - will rue their insistence of public/televised House hearings.

It may have been improper, but criminal I doubt, impeachable only because the democrats have been after him since day one and lacking a real reason they are determined to create one. If its improper that doesn't mean it rises to High Crimes or Misdemeanors.
If you are upset about what Trump or now what Guliani may or may not have done, then you need to look into democrats who trotted around the glove meddling in foreign policy and you need to start with John Kerry in Iran.
Lastly, the dismissal of Yavonovitch, the President doesn't have to have a reason to replace a member of the state department. He can change every ambassador working if he likes, and he also can change procedure for how we conduct foreign policy, he doesn't have to continue what the previous administration did. Those members of the state department are working to carry out the current administration policies not the past. If they don't like it find another job don't try to sabotage the current administration.

Again...Giuliani didn't say anything about "dirt on Biden".
What are you basing this on, this is some innocuous comment.

This whole "dirt on Biden" nonsense is a lie that was made up to justify using this very normal Ukraine issue for the purpose of getting at Trump. But it's still nothing more than a lie and nobody has supported the lie in testimony with any facts.
Uh, Orange stated the bribe in his call to Zelensky:

Trump call.jpg

Are you going to argue that the reopening of a closed investigation of Joe is NOT "dirt"?

Clinton paid Paula Jones $850K not to haul his ass into court. He molested Kathleen Willey, Jaunita Brodderick and who knows how many other women who were fearful of coming forward. He was a good buddy of pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and flew dozens of times on his plane. Hillary Clinton operated an illegal government server, obstructed justice and colluded with foreigners to dig up dirt on her rival. Millions poured into the Clinton Foundation from Russians while Hillary promoted the Uranium One Deal. She is still contesting $6M in bills due to states from 2016.

The most comical thing of all is watching the libs pretend to care about adultery. Now that is a real hoot. It's even funnier than them pretending to care about the homeless, the illegal immigrants at the border or the Kurds. All great comedy.

who wants to take this one. i'm too tired arguing reality with Trump republicans.

That was not the purpose and could not have been the purpose as the Biden story was already in the press and had been since before Trump became president.

How can you be so naive? Trump is a sleazy, unprincipled and corrupt crook, and you think he gives a flying **** about corruption in Ukraine? Really? No, this was a clear attempt at extortion. Everything Trump does is transactional; you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. You give me what I want on Biden, I'll give you missiles.

Last edited:
who wants to take this one. i'm too tired arguing reality with Trump republicans.

The easy answer is that anything in the history of Bill Clinton has nothing to do at all with the Trump crimes.

What's really humorous, but not the least bit surprising, is watching the left totally ignore Biden's clear quid pro quo while trying to divine one for Trump by latching onto the opinions of long time bureaucrats who oppose Trump on policy. That's what this is about and even that testimony has been very mixed. Once all this is public and, particularly, if we get to see and question the WB, this thing will fizzle like a wet firecracker.
It's saddening to watch Trump_DoJ totally ignore Biden's clear quid pro quo.
How much longer will Trump let the demonkrats rape America?
When will Trump_DoJ do something about the Bidens' obvious lawbreaking?

The WH and Trumpco et al certainly seem confident that this thing will fizzle like a wet firecracker.
They're acting like it's no big deal for sure.

defense-large.jpg

Democrats don't seem to be having difficulty buying lying testimony from dirty officials on the take. No matter. Just like the lies that propped up the fake Trump/Russian collusion narrative, these latest liars will come crashing down like Dr. Ford overdosing on downers if Schiftt ever allows republicans to challenge their testimony under oath.

What are you basing this on, this is some innocuous comment.

Uh, Orange stated the bribe in his call to Zelensky:

View attachment 67267831

Are you going to argue that the reopening of a closed investigation of Joe is NOT "dirt"?

I'm not arguing anything. I'm stating that there are no facts that indicate that Trump's dealings with Ukraine has anything to do with getting "dirt on Biden". Not in the phone call...not from Giuliani...not from anybody who has testified to Congress. None.

Now...if you want to argue against my fact, then present your own facts. But be aware that opinions are not facts. Statements about 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand stuff are not facts.

I'm not arguing anything.
Yes, you are, this is debate, you are creating argument.

I'm stating that there are no facts that indicate that Trump's dealings with Ukraine has anything to do with getting "dirt on Biden". Not in the phone call...not from Giuliani...not from anybody who has testified to Congress. None.
You are simply trying to argue that the bribe by Orange to reopen the investigation.....is not "digging up dirt". It is an argument over semantics, unhinged from reality.

Now...if you want to argue against my fact, then present your own facts. But be aware that opinions are not facts. Statements about 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand stuff are not facts.
Nonsense, Orange made the bribe, it is all about Ukraine only getting aid if they "dig up dirt".

Yes, you are, this is debate, you are creating argument.

You are simply trying to argue that the bribe by Orange to reopen the investigation.....is not "digging up dirt". It is an argument over semantics, unhinged from reality.

Nonsense, Orange made the bribe, it is all about Ukraine only getting aid if they "dig up dirt".

Like I said...if you think it's about dirt, present facts to support your contention.

Like I said...if you think it's about dirt, present facts to support your contention.
There is no way to respond to you, you are denying that the reopening of an investigation into Joe is the "digging up dirt".

It is the most basic, simple concept of this whole scandal, and you are unable to accept the language, let alone the concept.

There is no way to respond to you, you are denying that the reopening of an investigation into Joe is the "digging up dirt".

It is the most basic, simple concept of this whole scandal, and you are unable to accept the language, let alone the concept.

So...you don't have any facts.

Moving on...

What is it about requiring a historically corrupt nation, one with evidence of ties to corruption involving US politice and one with a brand new president, to acknowledge that corruption and vow to investigate it for the purpose of insuring that it doesn’t continue, that creates a corrupt quid pro quo?

Unfortunately for Trump, Lt Col. Vindman testified that the White House scrubbed the mention of Burisma Holdings from the phone call memorandum, and when he tired to enter this crucial information, was told that the memorandum was now in a super-secure system. So Vindman took his notes and complained to a Supervisor. Volker, Taylor, and Sondman have all agreed that the corruption Trump wanted investigated, only existed at Burisma Holdings - where Hunter Biden had worked.

Not even a halfway decent alibi LutherF. At least Graham was a bit original with his "The WH is too incompetent to work a QPQ."

Back
Top Bottom