• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It Was a Corrupt Quid Pro Quo

What is it about requiring a historically corrupt nation, one with evidence of ties to corruption involving US politice and one with a brand new president, to acknowledge that corruption and vow to investigate it for the purpose of insuring that it doesn’t continue, that creates a corrupt quid pro quo?

You confuse INSURE with ENSURE - a common mistake in high school.

Yes the Ukraine was/is corrupt but it will be for quite a while - get over it.

What's important is that Trump only asked for an investigation into his political rival. Why are you STILL in denial about this ? Trump is a criminal and totally unfit for the office he is besmirching.

Clinton voters?

It appears they also lie about stuff in an attempt to protect Donald Trump (who has actually done all the things I listed). And more.

Not only did Joe Biden hold up aid to Ukraine, he made it contingent on an action advancing his son's interest.
False, the foot dragging of Shokin protected Burisma from prosecution. The replacing of Shokin made Hunter MORE exposed to prosecution. You have been shown this numerous times. Further, the conditions for the loan guarantees were public, known and approved by Congress, leading members of the GOP, the IMF, all leaders of the EU.

You confuse INSURE with ENSURE - a common mistake in high school.

Yes the Ukraine was/is corrupt but it will be for quite a while - get over it.

What's important is that Trump only asked for an investigation into his political rival. Why are you STILL in denial about this ? Trump is a criminal and totally unfit for the office he is besmirching.

He did not only ask for an investigation into his political rival. He asked that evidence of corruption involving US citizens, including ones tied to the 2016 election be investigated. This "ask" was totally consistent with an investigation that he and Barr had already announced publicly after the release of the Mueller report.

What is it about requiring a historically corrupt nation, one with evidence of ties to corruption involving US politice and one with a brand new president, to acknowledge that corruption and vow to investigate it for the purpose of insuring that it doesn’t continue, that creates a corrupt quid pro quo?

Only Joe Biden is allowed to do that - look it up. ;)

Thanks for the white flag non-response. You lived up to expectations.

Refer to my initial statement. It is entirely accurate.

What's really humorous, but not the least bit surprising, is watching the left totally ignore Biden's clear quid pro quo while trying to divine one for Trump by latching onto the opinions of long time bureaucrats who oppose Trump on policy. That's what this is about and even that testimony has been very mixed. Once all this is public and, particularly, if we get to see and question the WB, this thing will fizzle like a wet firecracker.

What is really humorous is the stupidity of cultists to believe that.

Biden was carrying out actions in the interest of American interests, trump was doing it for personal gain.

That is why trump and his lawyers tried to hide it, they knew it was illegal, as did everyone involved with this whole criminal endeavor...

See the difference???

It appears they also lie about stuff in an attempt to protect Donald Trump (who has actually done all the things I listed). And more.

Clinton paid Paula Jones $850K not to haul his ass into court. He molested Kathleen Willey, Jaunita Brodderick and who knows how many other women who were fearful of coming forward. He was a good buddy of pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and flew dozens of times on his plane. Hillary Clinton operated an illegal government server, obstructed justice and colluded with foreigners to dig up dirt on her rival. Millions poured into the Clinton Foundation from Russians while Hillary promoted the Uranium One Deal. She is still contesting $6M in bills due to states from 2016.

The most comical thing of all is watching the libs pretend to care about adultery. Now that is a real hoot. It's even funnier than them pretending to care about the homeless, the illegal immigrants at the border or the Kurds. All great comedy.

Clinton paid Paula Jones $850K not to haul his ass into court. He molested Kathleen Willey, Jaunita Brodderick and who knows how many other women who were fearful of coming forward. He was a good buddy of pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and flew dozens of times on his plane. Hillary Clinton operated an illegal government server, obstructed justice and colluded with foreigners to dig up dirt on her rival. Millions poured into the Clinton Foundation from Russians while Hillary promoted the Uranium One Deal. She is still contesting $6M in bills due to states from 2016.

The most comical thing of all is watching the libs pretend to care about adultery. Now that is a real hoot. It's even funnier than them pretending to care about the homeless, the illegal immigrants at the border or the Kurds. All great comedy.

Don't even get us started on the "how many women have come out with charges of sexual abuse against Trump" game. We'll bury you with names and dates.

Whoaaa when did we get into a time machine and revisit an entire list of debunked conspiracy theories that have nothing to do with the subject???

This is an action of the truly desperate....

False, the foot dragging of Shokin protected Burisma from prosecution. The replacing of Shokin made Hunter MORE exposed to prosecution. You have been shown this numerous times. Further, the conditions for the loan guarantees were public, known and approved by Congress, leading members of the GOP, the IMF, all leaders of the EU.

Believe what you like. We all know what the reaction would be if it were Trump getting a guy fired while Don, Jr. worked for Burisma. The hypocrisy is huge but no longer surprising.

Don't even get us started on the "how many women have come out with charges of sexual abuse against Trump" game. We'll bury you with names and dates.

So what? You already supported a known molester so any self righteous blubbering about Trump is simply transparently political and ideological. If Trump were a liberal Democrat, you wouldn't care in the least about what some women claim.

Did Biden have the authority to withhold the loan?

No he was working under the orders of the president, not for personal gain.

I don't know why this is so damn hard to understand???

Believe what you like.
It is not a matter of belief, it is a known quantity.

We all know what the reaction would be if it were Trump getting a guy fired while Don, Jr. worked for Burisma.
Once again you are confused about "know", you cannot know a thing you just IMAGINED. We KNOW the facts of of the loan guarantees to Ukraine, facts which you can't even begin to dispute.
The hypocrisy is huge but no longer surprising.
Again, you think imagining a thing makes it real, this is delusional thinking.

If you can't debate the facts, take it to the CT forum.

Not only did the president hold up aid to Ukraine; he made its release contingent on a statement advancing his own political interests.

defense-large.jpg

Despite what the Republicans are now trying to peddle - It was a quid pro quo, but not a corrupt quid pro quo - I believe the corrupt intent was so transparent that Americans will have no doubts that it was indeed an illegal shakedown.

I believe the Republicans - and Donald Trump - will rue their insistence of public/televised House hearings.

The only people who contend it was corrupt are those who are lying and talking about "dirt on Biden".

Oh, and btw, Sondland didn't say anything about "dirt on Biden" except "WTF???' when Taylor brought it up.

So what? You already supported a known molester so any self righteous blubbering about Trump is simply transparently political and ideological. If Trump were a liberal Democrat, you wouldn't care in the least about what some women claim.

Wow that's some serious mirroring you're doing. "Known molester" (self-confessed) Bull**** to your second claim, pure bull****.

No what makes it corrupt was the use of Government money to bribe a foreign country to investigate a potential political rival. In order to weaken that rival and boost his chances at releection

Had he asked them to investigate corruption in the company, or withheld aid in general because of corruption it would be ok. Trump did not. It was specific to one condition, and involved US government funds. That is why it is corrupt, that is what makes it impeachable. Trump did not try to frame it in any way a legal above board way. Just a basic bribe to a foreign country to have them try to hurt a political opponent.

point me to the line in the transcript where that is apparent.I'd love to see it.

The only people who contend it was corrupt are those who are lying and talking about "dirt on Biden".

Oh, and btw, Sondland didn't say anything about "dirt on Biden" except "WTF???' when Taylor brought it up.
Uh, the push to get a reopening of an investigation into Joe/Burisma came from Giuliani via Orange to Sondland/Three Musketeers. Sondland already testified to it.

point me to the line in the transcript where that is apparent.I'd love to see it.

Which part is not apparent?

The holding back of aid has been pretty much verified

The requirement for investigating Hunter Biden as a condition of the aid is pretty much verified

That it was to be made public has been pretty much verified

The only reason to make it public is to hurt Biden, that by default would help Trump.

I can not help the blind see,

Right, running for POTUS apparently shields you from all criminal investigation, at least if you're a Democrat. That's the new standard.

I can't believe we are attacking the president of this country because he asked a foreign leader to look into corruption. Obama and Biden actually withheld money and forced a country to fire a government person they did not like. I guess it is OK for the democrats but not the republicans. Trump did not actually withhold the money. Unbelievable.

Which part is not apparent?

The holding back of aid has been pretty much verified

The requirement for investigating Hunter Biden as a condition of the aid is pretty much verified

That it was to be made public has been pretty much verified

The only reason to make it public is to hurt Biden, that by default would help Trump.

I can not help the blind see,

nope, it's not there

Uh, the push to get a reopening of an investigation into Joe/Burisma came from Giuliani via Orange to Sondland/Three Musketeers. Sondland already testified to it.

Yes. And Giulianni didn't say anything about "dirt on Biden", either.

Like I said..."those who are lying and talking about "dirt on Biden".

Not only did the president hold up aid to Ukraine; he made its release contingent on a statement advancing his own political interests.

defense-large.jpg

Despite what the Republicans are now trying to peddle - It was a quid pro quo, but not a corrupt quid pro quo - I believe the corrupt intent was so transparent that Americans will have no doubts that it was indeed an illegal shakedown.

I believe the Republicans - and Donald Trump - will rue their insistence of public/televised House hearings.

Quid pro quo.

Everybody drink up!!!

Back
Top Bottom