• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It Was a Corrupt Quid Pro Quo

There is no way to respond to you, you are denying that the reopening of an investigation into Joe is the "digging up dirt".

It is the most basic, simple concept of this whole scandal, and you are unable to accept the language, let alone the concept.

Mycroft understands. He just can't let go of the "perfect call" fantasy.

Unfortunately for Trump, Lt Col. Vindman testified that the White House scrubbed the mention of Burisma Holdings from the phone call memorandum, and when he tired to enter this crucial information, was told that the memorandum was now in a super-secure system. So Vindman took his notes and complained to a Supervisor. Volker, Taylor, and Sondman have all agreed that the corruption Trump wanted investigated, only existed at Burisma Holdings - where Hunter Biden had worked.

Not even a halfway decent alibi LutherF. At least Graham was a bit original with his "The WH is too incompetent to work a QPQ."

Did Vindman also say that the White House intentionally inserted the stuff about CrowdStrike and the 2016 election as part of their cover story? Did he also say that Trump and Barr announcing the investigation into 2016 three month prior to the phone call was just a setup for the call he KNEW was going to be coming so he could get some dirt that was already in the US press for the past 4 years out of Ukraine? I mean, the guy has a Purple Heart so he MUST be telling the truth.

Donald Trump tried to both bribe and extort a foreign leader into giving him dirt on a political rival that he could use in his own election campaign. That is a crime.

So the president cannot look into corruption if the crime is committed by a member of the other party for fear of quid pro quo. I don't think so.

So the president cannot look into corruption if the crime is committed by a member of the other party for fear of quid pro quo. I don't think so.

It is illegal to ask a foreign leader to provide dirt on a political opponent to aid yourself in your own election campaign. That is the commission of a federal crime.

You are not specifying what facts you need, all you are arguing is semantic bs.

You must have missed this...

I'm not arguing anything. I'm stating that there are no facts that indicate that Trump's dealings with Ukraine has anything to do with getting "dirt on Biden". Not in the phone call...not from Giuliani...not from anybody who has testified to Congress. None.

Now...if you want to argue against my fact, then present your own facts. But be aware that opinions are not facts. Statements about 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand stuff are not facts.

and this...

Like I said...if you think it's about dirt, present facts to support your contention.

After weeks of Republicans demanding that Schiff open up the doors and allow the public to see the impeachment proceedings, Trump says this morning: “They shouldn’t be having public hearings.”

You must have missed this...

and this...
I read it, it still makes no sense. Are you arguing that a demand to investigate a political rival, without predicate, is not "digging up dirt"?

This is still a semantic argument.

Donald Trump on 24 July 2018 said:
"Just remember, what you’re seeing and what you're reading is not what’s happening."

Thankfully for Trump, his followers are as dumb as a box of Toasted O's.

I read it, it still makes no sense. Are you arguing that a demand to investigate a political rival, without predicate, is not "digging up dirt"?

This is still a semantic argument.

The predicate has been stated over and over...and it has nothing to do with dirt.

Look...if you have facts, trot them out. If you don't, cool. Until you DO trot out some facts...

You are dismissed. (see my sig)

The worst part is not that he pushed for a dead investigation to be reopened for his own good, with total disregard for innocent parties. The worst part is the qualification that the reopening of the now fraudulent investigation must be published via state and state-friendly media.

He tried to buy fake news against a political opponent with US military aid. He tried to force an allied country to produce fake news on his behalf or suffer unimaginable consequence. He sold out our nation, our principles, for personally beneficial fake news. He is the greatest pusher of fake news the world has ever known. He tried to sell the US military to buy it.

Last edited:
The predicate has been stated over and over...and it has nothing to do with dirt.

Look...if you have facts, trot them out. If you don't, cool. Until you DO trot out some facts...

You are dismissed. (see my sig)
No, the predicate never existed, there has been no new information released by Ukraine to indicate Joe did anything illegal. This was entirely instigated by orange as a means to damage a political rival.

It is illegal to ask a foreign leader to provide dirt on a political opponent to aid yourself in your own election campaign. That is the commission of a federal crime.

I still don't recall reading anywhere in the transcript that Trump said for the leader to look up dirt in the transcript. Corruption is not dirt but a criminal act that should be required to be looked into by everyone and anyone especially by the president.

I still don't recall reading anywhere in the transcript that Trump said for the leader to look up dirt in the transcript. Corruption is not dirt but a criminal act that should be required to be looked into by everyone and anyone especially by the president.

That is because you are playing ostrich and being willfully deaf, dumb and blind to the realties of what Trump did.

As always, you lefties bring this down to a personal level. Every single time.

There's much anger coming from many of the anti-Trumpers.
Just remember. It's not our problem. ;)

There's much anger coming from many of the anti-Trumpers.
Just remember. It's not our problem. ;)

It's been like that since day one. I was at a tax seminar the day after the election and the woman next to me got an email from a long time friend who totally wrote her off because the friend expected that this woman had voted for Trump. There was no discussion, no apology, nothing. 20+ years of friendship vanished with a simple, "Well, I hope you're happy. There will be no need to call or exchange cards over Christmas. Don't bother to reply to this either."

No, the predicate never existed, there has been no new information released by Ukraine to indicate Joe did anything illegal. This was entirely instigated by orange as a means to damage a political rival.

Ukraine involvement with Hillary/DNC attempts to influence the 2016 election. Evidence of Biden/Obama quid pro quo for personal financial gain.

This is the predicate. This is what has been mentioned by Trump, in his phone call, and by various administration officials and by Giuliani.

It all involves actions that took place more than 3 years ago...before Trump became President. And none of it involves the 2020 election. (except in the minds of the Trump haters)

btw, there has been zero investigations into Biden's actions and there are zero investigations now...so of course, there is no "new" information. Nobody has investigated the old information.

It's been like that since day one. I was at a tax seminar the day after the election and the woman next to me got an email from a long time friend who totally wrote her off because the friend expected that this woman had voted for Trump. There was no discussion, no apology, nothing. 20+ years of friendship vanished with a simple, "Well, I hope you're happy. There will be no need to call or exchange cards over Christmas. Don't bother to reply to this either."

A story about a woman being unreasonable? Big surprise.

You only mean to paint democrats with that BS, right? Sure.

Ukraine involvement with Hillary/DNC attempts to influence the 2016 election.
That is a conspriacy theory without merit.....and without Biden.....and not initiated by Ukraine. DISMISSED.

Evidence of Biden/Obama quid pro quo for personal financial gain.
I'll assume this is yet again the same debunked argument that I've personally shown you to be hogwash, it was a position supported by multiple GOP leaders. and not initiated by Ukraine. DISMISSED.

This is the predicate.
Nope, no predicate, no new info of crime committed by Joe. DISMISSED

This is what has been mentioned by Trump, in his phone call, and by various administration officials and by Giuliani.
Yes, we all know orangeco pushed debunked conspiracy theories, but they are not anything initiated by Ukraine. DISMISSED.
It all involves actions that took place more than 3 years ago...before Trump became President. And none of it involves the 2020 election. (except in the minds of the Trump haters)
No, the current debate is one in which you were going to show a predicate, where Ukraine has brought new accusations....and you have nothing. DISMISSED.

btw, there has been zero investigations into Biden's actions and there are zero investigations now...so of course, there is no "new" information.
There are no new investigations....because....there is no predicate.

Nobody has investigated the old information.
BS, that was EXACTLY what Ukraine did do, they investigated both of the Bidens' involvement in the Burisma investigation and did not find any criminal activity by either. This shows how incredibly ignorant you are in this whole matter.

DISMISSED!

A story about a woman being unreasonable? Big surprise.

You only mean to paint democrats with that BS, right? Sure.

I've heard quite a few similar stories and in every one it was someone opposed to Trump that chose to sever the relationship. Granted, that's purely anecdotal on my part and someone may well have a similar story when things went the other way but I haven't heard them.

That is a conspriacy theory without merit.....and without Biden.....and not initiated by Ukraine. DISMISSED.

I'll assume this is yet again the same debunked argument that I've personally shown you to be hogwash, it was a position supported by multiple GOP leaders. and not initiated by Ukraine. DISMISSED.

Nope, no predicate, no new info of crime committed by Joe. DISMISSED

Yes, we all know orangeco pushed debunked conspiracy theories, but they are not anything initiated by Ukraine. DISMISSED.
No, the current debate is one in which you were going to show a predicate, where Ukraine has brought new accusations....and you have nothing. DISMISSED.

There are no new investigations....because....there is no predicate.

BS, that was EXACTLY what Ukraine did do, they investigated both of the Bidens' involvement in the Burisma investigation and did not find any criminal activity by either. This shows how incredibly ignorant you are in this whole matter.

DISMISSED!

When did Ukraine investigate Joe Biden's actions?

Look. You can shout "CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!" as much as you want, but the evidence does exist...has never been investigated...and certainly should be. And it would be a good thing for Ukraine to assist in the investigation. That is what Trump was asking for...not for dirt.

Back
Top Bottom