• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It Was A Big, Blue Wave: Democrats Pick Up Most House Seats In A Generation

What part of California do you live in? Must be a not-so-hot area. I have visited the state many times, and I am jealous of how beautiful it is. From Coronado island to Venice Beach, taking Hwy 1 up to to Napa, it’s breathtakingly beautiful all over. You must not get out much.

Yeah, natural beauty is still there. Have you been to the cities? That's no place to raise a family.

325px-Los_Angeles_Skid_Row.jpg

"Breathtakingly beautiful"

Yeah, natural beauty is still there. Have you been to the cities? That's no place to raise a family.

325px-Los_Angeles_Skid_Row.jpg

"Breathtakingly beautiful"

Every big city in the world has good parts of town, and bad parts of town. Name me any big city in the world, at any point in history, and I can show you some bad pictures.

Did you know that London, until the end of the 19the century, really didn’t have a proper waste management system? All the human waste of the entire city got dumped into the river Thames flowing right through the central city. You could always see pieces of human feces floating around in the river, and you could smell the river from several miles away.

Would you like that better? Because they weren’t very racially diverse at the time.

In medieval times in all European cities, you had to be careful walking down the streets, because they would just dump their bathroom products from the upstairs balcony right into the street. You had to be careful not to slip in them while walking. If they weren’t careful, you could even have it land on your head.

But it was not diverse, so it must have been great, right?

I think your vision of what lack of diversity looks like is a little romanticized and idealized.

Every big city in the world has good parts of town, and bad parts of town. Name me any big city in the world, at any point in history, and I can show you some bad pictures.

Did you know that London, until the end of the 19the century, really didn’t have a proper waste management system? All the human waste of the entire city got dumped into the river Thames flowing right through the central city. You could always see pieces of human feces floating around in the river, and you could smell the river from several miles away.

Would you like that better? Because they weren’t very racially diverse at the time.

In medieval times in all European cities, you had to be careful walking down the streets, because they would just dump their bathroom products from the upstairs balcony right into the street. You had to be careful not to slip in them while walking. If they weren’t careful, you could even have it land on your head.

But it was not diverse, so it must have been great, right?

I think your vision of what lack of diversity looks like is a little romanticized and idealized.
https://www.reddit.com/r/japan/comments/1b67x0/tokyos_slums/

It's very easy to find threads like this about Asian cities. There are some not as nice parts, but they're rare and they're still safe.

Sent from my HTC phone. Instaurare omnia in Christo.

So your argument is that every nondiverse city is clean and safe, and every diverse city is dirty in unsafe?

At least in Asia. I'm sure that there are plenty of nondiverse cities in Africa or the Middle East that are awful.

Also, I looked at the link you posted. They are literally talking about which neighborhoods of Tokyo are considered slums. Did you even read your link?

The first post literally says "the closest thing would be." Whereas for American cities, I certainly don't need to add such a qualifier.

At least in Asia.

There are plenty of slums in Asian countries, from Shanghai to Bangkok. You may need to start thinking whether you mean "Asian" or even just "Japanese". So maybe you may have to qualify your argument to say that the Japanese are an entirely different race than other Asian countries. You can see how ridiculous this can get.

I'm sure that there are plenty of nondiverse cities in Africa or the Middle East that are awful.

Like in Asia, many are, and many aren't. Your "diversity makes for slums" argument is pretty tenuous. So is your "only Asian and white non-diverse cities are clean".

Dubai:
dubai.jpg

The first post literally says "the closest thing would be." Whereas for American cities, I certainly don't need to add such a qualifier.

Japanese slums:

japan.jpg

Your picture of LA looks a little better, doesn't it?

Are you sure about that?

typhus-los-angeles-rat-infested-slums-spread-disease-111118.jpg

And let's not forget this important fact:

9wi7GcB.png

Parts of Japan may look uglier, but they're still far safer.

That has to do with our gun culture, our racism and tribalism, and our far greater disparities in the extremes of wealth and poverty. We can fix all of those things.

Feudal Japan was much the same way with their tribalism and their weapons and warrior culture. After a few centuries of warfare, bloodshed, and violence, they shaped it up. We can do the same, hopefully without all the warfare, bloodshed, and violence.

Bill Clinton inherited a mess from Bush and managed to produce a SURPLUS, a booming economy and low unemployment. dubya managed to piss away all these gains on tax cuts for his rich mates and two unnecessary and illegal wars.

President Obama inherited a mess from dubya and managed to get the country out of the recession, create millions of jobs FOR Americans, reduced the unemployment rate from double digits to under 5%, and handed trump a strong economy, low unemployment and a reduced deficit.

Now trump has pissed most of those gains away on tax cuts for the rich, border protection and unnecessary vacations, golf games and rallies. The deficit is so bad under trump that America has to borrow over $1.3 trillion to pay for the tax cuts for the rich and for the border wall that trump promised Mexico would pay for.

Economists around the world are predicting trump will cause another global recession ....probably worse than the one dubya caused.

We may already be in the early stages. The stock market continues to be running at a net loss since right around the one-year anniversary of tRump's inauguration, ending the multi-year steady rise that we saw under Obama.

Are you sure about that?

typhus-los-angeles-rat-infested-slums-spread-disease-111118.jpg

And let's not forget this important fact:

9wi7GcB.png

Parts of Japan may look uglier, but they're still far safer.

They don't have OBAMA VOTERS, or DEMOCRAT-CONTROLLED CITIES; less than 10% of our population (young black males...overwhelmingly Obama supporters) commit 50%+ of our homicides...in LONGTERM DEMOCRAT-GOVERNED CITIES.

Japan doesn't have that issue

They don't have OBAMA VOTERS, or DEMOCRAT-CONTROLLED CITIES; less than 10% of our population (young black males...overwhelmingly Obama supporters) commit 50%+ of our homicides...in LONGTERM DEMOCRAT-GOVERNED CITIES.

Japan doesn't have that issue

Nonsense. Japan had centuries of warfare and bloodshed. They were an illiterate backwater society for centuries. They shaped themselves up. It had nothing to do with Obama voters or race. It's just dysfunctional cultures and cultural practices.

We have our dysfunctional cultural practices as well: our gun culture, our racism and tribalism, and our far greater disparities in the extremes of wealth and poverty. We too can fix all of those things. Just gotta shape it up.

Back
Top Bottom