• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It Trump were in charge, the Ukraine conflict would likely be over by now

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
For three reasons.

1. As the impeachment shows, he was actively helping Putin sabotage the coujtry
2. He was working on destabilizing NATO and the UN during his presidency
3. He capitulated to Russia repeatedly during his presidency with Belarus and the country of Georgia

Thank goodness we have Biden instead!

For three reasons.

3. He capitulated to Russia repeatedly during his presidency with Belarus and the country of Georgia

So (hopefully) you're saying if Trump were President Ukraine would be defeated by now?

For three reasons.

Just wondering ... What's it like coming out of a 7 year coma?

I imagine anyone who did would be suffering from muscle atrophy and would need assistance reintegrating back into life.

Why are you bringing up something irrelevant?

Some more of how it's going...

During the fighting near Gostomel, a Chechen general of the Rosgvardia, Magomed Tushayev, was killed.​
"The Chechens have losses from the AFU. Our source reports that Kadyrov's general Magomed Tushayev, the head of the 141st motorized regiment of the Chechen National Guard, was killed." The telegram channel Vertikal reports.​
According to Telegraf, the convoy with Tushayev was on its way to Gostomel and was hit by artillery fire. According to Insider, Lieutenant Colonel Dmitri Astakhov, a senior operations officer of the Rosgvardia Directorate in the Kemerovo region, was also in this column and was captured by the AFU.​
According to Astakhov, combined forces of the Rosgvard were trained in Belarus, in the Gomel region. "The Chechen unit that stood near us, according to my information, was headed by Magomed Tushaev and Hussein Mijoev," said Dmitry Astakhov to the Ukrainian military.​

If Trump were in charge he would be playing golf right now because, well, that’s mostly what he does.

I think you underestimate just how much telly he watched as well.
He's at least multitasking in his attempts to not do the job you paid him for.

Why are you asking? This is why I am asking.... the sole "Like" received in reaction to this post on another thread came from.... you.

I can’t imagine why he thought being so public about wanting to put a black woman on the court was a good idea. He only succeeded in making it it that much harder on Judge Jackson.

I found your post extremely troubling. What kind of insidious influence could you possibly be in thrall of?

"..
Huh? Come again ? Also consider Trump's enthusiastic support for war crimes and war criminals....

Blackwater: Trump pardons US war criminals and undermines ...

https://www.usatoday.com › opinion › 2020/12/23 › tr...

Dec 23, 2020 — ...

Biden Freezes Trump's Withdrawal of 12,000 Troops From ...

https://www.nytimes.com › U.S. › Politics
Apr 13, 2021 — The move halts a Trump administration decision to shift some units to Belgium and Italy and bring others home, a plan that had rankled European ...

U.S. to withdraw about 12,000 troops from Germany but nearly ...

https://www.reuters.com › article › u-s-to-withdraw-abo...
Jul 29, 2020 — Trump announced his intention last month to cut by about a third the 36,000-strong U.S. troop contingent in Germany, faulting the close U.S. ...

Trump's Sudden and Dangerous Troop Withdrawal From ...

https://www.cfr.org › in-brief › trumps-sudden-and-dan...
Jun 8, 2020 — President Donald J. Trump's order to withdraw nearly ten thousand U.S. troops from Germany betrays a close ally, undermines confidence in ...

Off the Rails: Trump’s failed 11th-hour military withdrawal campaign

A behind-the-scenes look at former President Trump’s unprecedented clash with the Pentagon.
www.axios.com

www.axios.com
Jonathan Swan, Zachary Basu
May 16, 2021 - Politics & Policy

Episode 9: Trump's war with his generals​

"..John McEntee, one of Donald Trump's most-favored aides, handed retired Army Col. Douglas Macgregor a piece of paper with a few notes scribbled on it. He explained: "This is what the president wants you to do."

1. Get us out of Afghanistan.

2. Get us out of Iraq and Syria.

3. Complete the withdrawal from Germany.

4. Get us out of Africa.

It was Nov. 9, 2020 — days after Trump lost his re-election bid, 10 weeks before the end of his presidency and just moments after Macgregor was offered a post as senior adviser to acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller.

As head of the powerful Presidential Personnel Office, McEntee had Trump's ear. Even so, Macgregor was astonished. He told McEntee he doubted they could do all of these things before Jan. 20.

"Then do as much as you can," McEntee replied.
. .."

Last edited:

In some ways that would be amazing.
Just think how much amazing TV you'd have to catch-up on.
Then there are 7 years of sports as well it'd actually be pretty great and in 7 years G,R,R Martin might only be 5 years away from finishing the next book in the Game of Thrones novels.

Some more of how it's going...

During the fighting near Gostomel, a Chechen general of the Rosgvardia, Magomed Tushayev, was killed.​

The Rosgvardia used to be Interior Minstry troops. In 2016 they were rolled into the Rosgvardia (National Guard). Supposedly 300,000 strong, Rosgvardia is separate from the Russian military, answers only to Putin, and is commanded by General Viktor Zolotov who previously was Chief of the Security of Prime Minister of Russia (in charge of Putin's personal bodyguard detail, men in black suits who always wore dark sunglases). Zolotov was also a boxing/judo partner of Putin in their younger days. The Rosgvardia is viewed as Putin's personal military if civil disobediance occurs etc.

The Rosgvardia used to be Interior Minstry troops. In 2016 they were rolled into the Rosgvardia (National Guard). Supposedly 300,000 strong, Rosgvardia is separate from the Russian military, answers only to Putin, and is commanded by General Viktor Zolotov who previously was Chief of the Security of Prime Minister of Russia (in charge of Putin's personal bodyguard detail, men in black suits who always wore dark sunglases). Zolotov was also a boxing/judo partner of Putin in their younger days. The Rosgvardia is viewed as Putin's personal military if civil disobediance occurs etc.
Looks like that elite force isn't so ****ing tough when they aren't beating up on unarmed civilians.

For three reasons.

If Trump were in charge, "what conflict?"

Why are you asking? This is why I am asking.... the sole "Like" received in reaction to this post on another thread came from.... you.

I found your post extremely troubling. What kind of insidious influence could you possibly be in thrall of?

"..
Huh? Come again ? Also consider Trump's enthusiastic support for war crimes and war criminals....

Dec 23, 2020 — ...

Apr 13, 2021 — The move halts a Trump administration decision to shift some units to Belgium and Italy and bring others home, a plan that had rankled European ...

Jul 29, 2020 — Trump announced his intention last month to cut by about a third the 36,000-strong U.S. troop contingent in Germany, faulting the close U.S. ...

Jun 8, 2020 — President Donald J. Trump's order to withdraw nearly ten thousand U.S. troops from Germany betrays a close ally, undermines confidence in ...

A behind-the-scenes look at former President Trump’s unprecedented clash with the Pentagon.
www.axios.com

www.axios.com

"..John McEntee, one of Donald Trump's most-favored aides, handed retired Army Col. Douglas Macgregor a piece of paper with a few notes scribbled on it. He explained: "This is what the president wants you to do."

4. Get us out of Africa.

It was Nov. 9, 2020 — days after Trump lost his re-election bid, 10 weeks before the end of his presidency and just moments after Macgregor was offered a post as senior adviser to acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller.

As head of the powerful Presidential Personnel Office, McEntee had Trump's ear. Even so, Macgregor was astonished. He told McEntee he doubted they could do all of these things before Jan. 20.

. .."

You want to tell me why you took of mine from another, on a completely unrelated topic and posted it here along with some commentary and links that don’t seem to have a thing to with my post?

For three reasons.

Those Javelin missiles really suck.:rolleyes:

You want to tell me why you took of mine from another, on a completely unrelated topic and posted it here along with some commentary and links that don’t seem to have a thing to with my post?

I intended to point out the condescending, RWE of bubbagone that you replied to, for the purpose of illuminating the political slant of
his, "have you been asleep," question in this thread.

-snip-

I mistakingly thought I was quoting him in his exchange with you, but my revised reaction is that both
of your posts are politically extreme, reactionary, offensive.

Last edited:
I intended to point out the condescending, RWE of bubbagone that you replied to, for the purpose of illuminating the political slant of
his, "have you been asleep," question in this thread.

I mistakingly thought I was quoting him in his exchange with you, but my revised reaction is that both
of your posts are politically extreme, reactionary, offensive.
What in God’s name is reactionary about pointing out that Biden did Judge Jackson no favors in announcing ahead of time he was going to nominate a black woman? Anyone with 2 working neurons could predict that certain segments of the population would call her the affirmative action justice.

And why in hell did you copy it to a thread about Ukraine?

"..

Dec 23, 2020 — ...

www.axios.com

www.axios.com

4. Get us out of Africa.

. .."

You talk too much, too long, and without apparent purpose. That's deadly on a social media.

I imagine anyone who did would be suffering from muscle atrophy and would need assistance reintegrating back into life.

Why are you bringing up something irrelevant?
So are you feeling all right then. You have a lot to catch up on.

Trump would do things.

You should probably go ahead and state whatever point you want to make, this will save me time.
I was concerned because from your op it looked like some horrible condition had deprived you of information for a very long time and subsequently you watched archived Maddow shows to catch up.

What in God’s name is reactionary about pointing out that Biden did Judge Jackson no favors in announcing ahead of time he was going to nominate a black woman? Anyone with 2 working neurons could predict that certain segments of the population would call her the affirmative action justice.

And why in hell did you copy it to a thread about Ukraine?

This is like a broken record. We heard the same line for 18 pages on another thread. We are so fortunate to have it here now.

The affirmative action charge is an interesting one in that it proves affirmative action works. She's clearly got the chops for the job.

Back
Top Bottom