• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It seems many pro-life claim a fetus is a baby - except when not

Honestly, I think that both pro-life and pro-choice people tend to stereotype the other group. Both groups are far from being monolithic: I've seen pro-life Democrats and pro-life atheists, for example.

So yeah, stereotyping does matter to me in that we should try to avoid it.

And there are pro choice Jewish people and pro choice Christians as well as pro choice Catholics in spite of the Catholic Church’s official position/doctrine which is anti abortion.

Honestly, I think that both pro-life and pro-choice people tend to stereotype the other group. Both groups are far from being monolithic: I've seen pro-life Democrats and pro-life atheists, for example.

Alrighty then.

I believe each side is passionate about their beliefs - so much so that it’s near impossible to prevent heated conflicts, despite any intentions to have a civil debate.

I’m thinking that this topic is so incredibly divided by people who value women who are biological capable of providing an environment for a human life to develop - versus - the value of developing yet to be born human life.

To complicate this topic even more, there’s a significant difference in beliefs about whether or not humans exist at the pleasure of a supernatural being. And within these groups who believe a supernatural being is involved - then the arguments begin about how much and when the supernatural being actual becomes involved.

There’s rarely, if ever, anybody who surrenders his or her stance/beliefs and yields to their opposition. When it comes to ethical/moral dilemmas, the variables are head bangers.

Sooooo....

What a cop out. It wasnt stereotyping, it was based on public polls and your own poll. And Minnie provided a paper that supported the *very common elements* of the pro-life position.

And if you disagreed, you had every opportunity to refute it by offering a different conclusion.

Pro-life isnt a stereotype, nor is pro-choice. It's a view of abortion and each have many elements in common.

Your extended dishonesty and moral cowardice in further examining the ethics of each position is noted.

What a cop out. It wasnt stereotyping, it was based on public polls and your own poll. And Minnie provided a paper that supported the *very common elements* of the pro-life position.

And if you disagreed, you had every opportunity to refute it by offering a different conclusion.

Pro-life isnt a stereotype, nor is pro-choice. It's a view of abortion and each have many elements in common.

Your extended dishonesty and moral cowardice in further examining the ethics of each position is noted.

Now you can't even keep your threads straight. Nobody's gone into an in-depth examination of the ethics, here.

Your continued obsession with me is noted, though. People will say you're in love. :kissy:

Now you can't even keep your threads straight. Nobody's gone into an in-depth examination of the ethics, here.

Your continued obsession with me is noted, though. People will say you're in love. :kissy:

Ah, so you choose only to post ethically in a thread that focuses on ethics? Well that's good to know and explains the dishonest and moral cowardice you demonstrated in this thread. (But not in the one you started on ethics :mrgreen:)

In any case, I post honestly* (ethically) here on the forum. So it didnt seem odd to bring it up here.

*Meh, there are occasional forays into sarcasm and disparagement, as required :mrgreen: So I hope your heart isnt broken when I say that...you are not my type.

Just as an aside...we are anonymous here. I dont see any point in not posting honestly.

Who cares? And I have related many personal things, regarding my family, professions, experiences, etc.

If you cant post about the issues you are responding to honestly...you are just trolling or misguided and refuse to own up to it...or refuse to confront facts when confronted with them.

How can you completely explore your own positions and ethics if you dont put them out there to be challenged? That's just smug satisfaction without any foundation in reality.

Just as an aside...we are anonymous here. I dont see any point in not posting honestly.

Who cares? And I have related many personal things, regarding my family, professions, experiences, etc.

If you cant post about the issues you are responding to honestly...you are just trolling or misguided and refuse to own up to it...or refuse to confront facts when confronted with them.

How can you completely explore your own positions and ethics if you dont put them out there to be challenged? That's just smug satisfaction without any foundation in reality.

Well said. Thanks.

Abortion is legal. If some irresponsible woman wants to snuff out the life of her unborn tricycle motor, so be it.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Abortion is legal. If some irresponsible woman wants to snuff out the life of her unborn tricycle motor, so be it.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

You’ve been missing from action for awhile.

But...

You’re back again with your poetic style of negativity stereotyping women who you don’t know conceived much less the circumstances under which they conceived - and has choosen (or will chose) to abort.

:applaud 5 out of 5 ⭐️’s for that post!

Back
Top Bottom