• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

it not about Choice ---- its about Power

trfjr

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
with liberal women the abortion decision has nothing to do with the right to choose, but about maintaining and preserving a perceived power over men.

It the only thing that liberal women have that they feel makes them better then men, the ability to carry a child and the decision to bring it into this world or not

this is why they get so upset to even running the risk of making them selves out to be cold hearted monsters by ignoring common sense morals, science, and even their faith to keep men from infringing on that power

everything in life men are equal to and or better then women and they cant stand it. so pregnancy is all they have its is the only thing they can say i have this power that you don't have and i will be dammed if you try to infringe upon it and try to assert your power over me

Last edited:
Another day, another sexist argument....yawn. :coffeepap

A man who must proclaim that he is better merely for being a man probably doesn't have many actual achievements to celebrate.

with liberal women the abortion decision has nothing to do with the right to choose, but about maintaining and preserving a perceived power over men.

It the only thing that liberal women have that they feel makes them better then men, the ability to carry a child and the decision to bring it into this world or not

this is why they get so upset to even running the risk of making them selves out to be cold hearted monsters by ignoring common sense morals, science, and even their faith to keep men from infringing on that power

everything in life men are equal to and or better then women and they cant stand it. so pregnancy is all they have its is the only thing they can say i have this power that you don't have and i will be dammed if you try to infringe upon it and try to assert your power over me

This has nothing to do with power over men. It has to do with power over one's own body, life, and life course.

Liberal women have nothing but the ability to carry a child? Girls tend to get better grades than boys and more women than men enter and graduate from college today - women are three-fifths of the graduates. The Gender Gap in College Enrollment and Graduation - Population Reference Bureau. Furthermore, this holds for master's degrees and PhDs. Fast Facts With every level of educational attainment, the pro-choice percentage goes up, making those with graduate degrees pro-choice at a high rate. http://www.gallup.com/poll/154946/non-christians-postgrads-highly-pro-choice.

It is likely that higher education affects the abortion rights view of women more than men, give one student's sociological pilot study. http://ir.library.oregonstate.edu/x...NarendraSOC 316 Research Paper.pdf?sequence=1.

We know that educational level affects voting. The most educated states voted for Obama, Election Infographic Shows Most Educated States Voted For Obama | Happy Place, and they are largely blue states.

In addition, though the Obama-Romney votes broke up as 47%-50% for college grads, with Romney having a lead of 4%, they broke up as 55%-% for those with postgrad study/degree, with Obama at 55%, having a lead of 13% over Romney at 42%. And women voted for Obama at same high rate as those with grad study/degree. Election Results from A to Z — The American Magazine.

So what more women have than men is sufficient modesty to understand that, in order for them to do well, they have to study hard and get as much higher education as they can, and they have been doing that.

And it is very clear in studies of education level and job salary that more education is the key to a better economic life and usually to a more fulfilling career and, in marriage today, a better educated spouse.

In my generation, and most of those before it, it was just a truism that men wanted sex enough to behave recklessly to get it, telling girls and women any line, any lie, to get inside her undies. That was one of the things meant by "boys will be boys." Girls did not want to get pregnant, and unmarried women did not want to get pregnant, and women did not want to marry guys just because they got pregnant by them. The development and spread of better birth control, legalization of abortion, and greater equality in educational and job opportunities for women seems to have led women to be better at not getting or staying pregnant unless they want to, and this has vied with the fact that there is much less social discrimination against unmarried women who have children, which seems to have led quite a few women to continue pregnancies whether or not they wanted to get pregnant.

It seems to me that the only power women in general have ever had over men in general is their populational capacity to be highly sexual attractive to men, and that power is, in general, a power of younger women, up to about perhaps 45. It's fun to have, and there's no doubt that women enjoy it. But as youth fades, that power tends to fade a bit, too, though their are women who do their best to keep it. If they don't have an intellect, education, money, or a career, hopefully, they will have their husbands' and children's love, but it's not like that can be counted on populationally.

Is education power over the other gender? Not unless it's monopolized by one gender. Women never wanted to have power over men. They wanted power over their own bodies, lives, and fates in this world. Education is slowly giving them that. They wanted the power not to be under the power of men, and now they're not. And if you try to take that equality away, you're going to get a rerun of what we all saw when we were young: a women's liberation movement the likes of which the world had never seen before.

And yes, I would find that very satisfyingly entertaining in my sunset years.

Last edited:

LOL - pregnancy's all I have? (of course, I'm not a liberal woman - but I'm pro choice . . . I think it's safe to say that you're applying that to ALL pro-choice women. I fail to see how political affiliations change anything considering what you've written)

But pregnancy is a strength? . . . and it makes me superior because I can (or use to be able to - and did) get pregnant. Fascinating - and strange.

I always felt it a burden, more of a curse, and a miserable torture to get through. I never once felt superior, better, more capable - or anything 'good' at all because I was able to get knocked up. IN FACT - pregnancy made me reliant on a partner in life (aka - my husband).

However - I do see that this is how YOU feel about pregnancy. You feel women are superior because we can get pregnant, do you? ;) Jealous, perhaps? Hmm - Freud would have a good time with that.

Just trust me when I say that being pregnant - or not - doesn't make someone better than the next. Pregnancy is a natural happening - not a mighty sword or something. For hte women who do feel that way - they're the weirdo ones who pop out 18 kids. Mmhm - those are the ones who have those strange illusions of grandeur when they're pregnant. (Stay clear)

In fact - when my husband would try to counter my hormonal-pregnant rants (usually regarding how much I hated being pregnant, blah blah) he would try to say it was awesome I was pregnant - that it was special and wonderful. I'd tell him to go **** himself and that women have been popping out babies since before we could write - it didn't mean ****. I think my rants increased in frequency the more sick I became - especially around the time when I was bedridden and he was deployed.

I became creatively foul - I think one time I even trawled around making loud noises and pretending to be a pregnant hippo giving birth - just to let him know how 'special' I felt.

LMAO

What is amazing = we all survived it. I didn't go Andrea Yates and kill the kids.

Last edited:
Edited - because there's really no point in arguing with someone so . . . well, you know . . .

I'll just point out that if all the men have power, money, intelligence . . . then somehow you've missed that gravy train. Maybe you need to hit someone up for a refund of your unpunched ticket.

I don't know what's more disturbing. The idea that you might be raising daughters or the idea that you might be raising sons. :shock:

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you mean well. If that's the case, for the love of whatever deity you worship, if any, go back to the drawing board and try again. This argument of yours is doomed to fail. Miserably. Come one now, it's a new millennium. This brand of feminism went out way before the last century drew to its close.

No. Just.... no.

I don't know what's more disturbing. The idea that you might be raising daughters or the idea that you might be raising sons. :shock:

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you mean well. If that's the case, for the love of whatever deity you worship, if any, go back to the drawing board and try again. This argument of yours is doomed to fail. Miserably. Come one now, it's a new millennium. This brand of feminism went out way before the last century drew to its close.

No. Just.... no.

But - what about the power? :(

Fret not, sister. We still have the power to not let men like that into our beds in the first place. :peace :peace

LOL

But but but - men have the magi-phallic staff of coercion. I mean, when I see a magi-phallic staff my knees quake. How can I ever say no?

LOL

LOL - pregnancy's all I have? (of course, I'm not a liberal woman - but I'm pro choice . . . I think it's safe to say that you're applying that to ALL pro-choice women. I fail to see how political affiliations change anything considering what you've written)

But pregnancy is a strength? . . . and it makes me superior because I can (or use to be able to - and did) get pregnant. Fascinating - and strange.

I always felt it a burden, more of a curse, and a miserable torture to get through. I never once felt superior, better, more capable - or anything 'good' at all because I was able to get knocked up. IN FACT - pregnancy made me reliant on a partner in life (aka - my husband).

However - I do see that this is how YOU feel about pregnancy. You feel women are superior because we can get pregnant, do you? ;) Jealous, perhaps? Hmm - Freud would have a good time with that.

Just trust me when I say that being pregnant - or not - doesn't make someone better than the next. Pregnancy is a natural happening - not a mighty sword or something. For hte women who do feel that way - they're the weirdo ones who pop out 18 kids. Mmhm - those are the ones who have those strange illusions of grandeur when they're pregnant. (Stay clear)

In fact - when my husband would try to counter my hormonal-pregnant rants (usually regarding how much I hated being pregnant, blah blah) he would try to say it was awesome I was pregnant - that it was special and wonderful. I'd tell him to go **** himself and that women have been popping out babies since before we could write - it didn't mean ****. I think my rants increased in frequency the more sick I became - especially around the time when I was bedridden and he was deployed.

I became creatively foul - I think one time I even trawled around making loud noises and pretending to be a pregnant hippo giving birth - just to let him know how 'special' I felt.

LMAO

What is amazing = we all survived it. I didn't go Andrea Yates and kill the kids.

I know right. I hated being pregnant too. Sick as a dog for three months, then okay for like a couple of weeks, then sore and achy for the remainder of the pregnancy. I would have gladly given this "power" away to men ANY ****ing day of those 9 months.

DontFeedTheTrolls2.jpg

Oh wait! I've got it!

Whoever has the LIQUOR has the power.

I remember that economics lesson, there - I do

How ironic.

Women had always had the greatest power of all!

THE HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE RULES THE WORLD.

Check out history all the way from ancient times and recently.

Women had weakened themselves.
Women have "power" because society gave them power. Society can just as easily take that power away.

Sorry to pull the rug from under the feminazis - or those under the illusion that women did it all.

Let's not forget the brains behind the feminist movement - that helped the movement achieve its success: MEN.

Last edited:
Sorry to pull the rug from under the feminazis - or those under the illusion that women did it all.

Let's not forget the brains behind the feminist movement - that helped the movement achieve its success: MEN.

LOL

Yes, it's amazing what you can get men to do for you when you deny them some *****.

Hehe

Fret not, sister. We still have the power to not let men like that into our beds in the first place. :peace :peace

Which is ultimately the power that they're not okay with you having.

Someone please hand me a shovel - it's getting deep in here.

This is a very strange...and yet pitiable...argument. Most men don't feel the need to defend their equality, but in my experience, real men and real women don't need to assert their power over others, mainly because when you actually have personal power, you're confident enough not to feel the need to prove it.

Well - they always say to love thyself. :D

The game is basically mounted on assumption that the man will buckle. If the man just holds his ground the game turns out to be self defeating for her. :D

What is it with all these fake ****ing Libertarians that think self-ownership and self-determination and the freedom from slavery only apply to men?

Back
Top Bottom