• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It is time for true Republicans to switch to the Democratic party.

craig

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The trumpers have hijacked your party. Join with the Democrats and help President Biden keep to the center and distance the extreme left. You will never be welcome or comfortable in the party that Trump corrupted. You will once again be able to hold your head up high.

Last edited:
The trumpers have hijacked your party. Join with the Democrats and help President Biden move to the center right and distance the extreme left. You will never be welcome or comfortable in the party that Trump corrupted. You will once again be able to hold your head up high.
Nope. One party rule is not an option, never will be.

The trumpers have hijacked your party. Join with the Democrats and help President Biden keep to the center and distance the extreme left. You will never be welcome or comfortable in the party that Trump corrupted. You will once again be able to hold your head up high.
I seriously doubt Republicans are going to be running to Democrats. They can easily become Independents and still oppose trump and those that have highjacked their Party while at the same time retaining their Conservative values. When the trump Party implodes on itself, the Republicans need to step in and clean house.

If the Democratic Party managed to successfully go from the party defending the rights of slave owners and their descendants lynching luckless black men and women in the South to being the party of science and the working class, I think that the Republican Party will be able to overcome its far less ignominious moment in a relatively short timespan. I will stay put, but thank you nevertheless for the olive branch, craig.

The Democratic party's primary focus was crapping on the Republican party for the last 4+ years, and now they want to discuss unity??? Thanks, but no thanks.

If the Democratic Party managed to successfully go from the party defending the rights of slave owners and their descendants lynching luckless black men and women in the South to being the party of science and the working class, I think that the Republican Party will be able to overcome its far less ignominious moment in a relatively short timespan. I will stay put, but thank you nevertheless for the olive branch, craig.
Are you saying that the modern Democratic Party is the same Democratic Party in the South that were slavers and such?

I like this idea.
The two extremes are more alike than not. They have the same conspiracy theories but swap the roles.

I think you underestimate the degree of ignominy. The shorter the timespan the more intense and Trump was no Dan Quayle, more of a combination of Joe McCarthy and Nixon

Last edited:
The Democratic party's primary focus was crapping on the Republican party for the last 4+ years, and now they want to discuss unity??? Thanks, but no thanks.
I'm not sure we want you. You seem to be a trumperite.

What do you consider the "center" and "extreme left"?

What do you consider the "center" and "extreme left"?
The center are the practical people in both parties that know governing means working together and compromising. The two extremes stand on opposite sides of the river and shout at each other. Guess what the people in the center do. Issues and policies are the same, each is a continuum that spans left and right. (Same analogy) The extremes stand on principal and will never consider the practical solution in the middle. Ideologue and idiot are synonyms and almost homonyms.

Last edited:
It wouldn't shock me if Romney were to switch to Independent and start caucusing with the Democrats.

It wouldn't shock me if Romney were to switch to Independent and start caucusing with the Democrats.
My dream is that moderates in both parties will caucus and elect moderate leadership.

My dream is that moderates in both parties will caucus and elect moderate leadership.
I don't belong to any political party. It's just a letter next to a name. The entire thing seems so bizarre to me.
But from a practical standpoint...the trough of money unites the representatives at the federal level like the shaft of a comb. They may bend a little bit but they all go ultimately in the same direction. If they go in the direction I like...I vote for them.

The center are the practical people in both parties that know governing means working together and compromising. The two extremes stand on opposite sides of the river and shout at each other. Guess what the people in the center do. Issues and policies are the same, each is a continuum that spans left and right. (Same analogy) The extremes stand on principal and will never consider the practical solution in the middle. Ideologue and idiot are synonyms and almost homonyms.
I need examples. What politicians are "extreme left"?

Moderate wars, moderate climate disruption, moderate corporatism?

I need examples. What politicians are "extreme left"?
Those yelled at most by the extreme right. I consider the leadership of both the house and senate ideologues and extreme. Biden and Romney are moderates.

Last edited:
i don't see it happening on a large scale.

Moderate wars, moderate climate disruption, moderate corporatism?
Yes. Moderation in all things. Compare it to extreme wars, extreme climate change, extreme poverty, extreme wealth.

I have always considered Romney a center right moderate. I think Biden is a center left moderate.

I would think any rational intelligent true republican is extremely embarrassed about the direction their party has taken. I would expect them to distance themselves from the crazies that have taken over the party under trump. Well I guess those deplorables have always been Republicans but they haven't had much of a voice until Trump. Now we all know what the majority of the Republican base consists of and it isn't pretty.

Will the GOP continue to pander to this racist, ignorant, misinformed group of people or will they try to clean up the party?

My suspicion is as long as right wing media can continue to control the deplorables with their propaganda and keep them supporting the true issues the republican party (tax cuts for the rich and deregulation to increase profits) they will continue to cater to that base. It's really all they have got.

Back
Top Bottom