• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It is our Patriotic duty to get the vaccine!

Except once he hasn’t lied to the American people.
Do you think that he should recommend treppaning to cure headaches as they did centuries ago? I mean it was good enough back then so why not recommend it now? Or python bile to cure genital lesions-or elephant bile for bad breath. Or lobotomies to cure insanity....oh wait...maybe that one isn’t all bad.
That was weird.

Intelligent people learn from new information.

Why is that wrong?
A coronavirus is transmitted in the same why've always been transmitted. This one is no different in that area. New information is relative to treating it.

Have had both my shots. I agree that people should get vaccinated. imo, there will be some who will not.

The vaccine will not eradicate CV19. It provides someone with enough protection to keep them from being hospitalized or death. The vaccine will help curb the number of infections and how sick people get.
It has already curbed the number of infections and how sick people get.

A coronavirus is transmitted in the same why've always been transmitted. This one is no different in that area. New information is relative to treating it.

You are mistaken.

In the past people who spread a coronavirus were always sympathetic.

That’s why travel bans and temperature checks were used and were able to help contain the DARS vi4us.

Scientists and doctors ( and yes , they also most likely mistakenly misled President Trump ) did not understand the Covid 19 virus was also spread by people who never showed symptoms of being sick.

Last year ( our Attorney General ,) said that we didn’t realize in March how easily the virus could spread from asymptomatic people.

“It’s important for people to understand that we now know 40%-50% of cases of coronavirus are spread asymptomatically, and that’s different than any other coronavirus we’ve experienced before,” Adams said. “It means you can have no symptoms -- no cough, no fever -- and still be someone who is spreading the disease.”

Last edited:
I encourage everyone to get the vaccine, but this "patriotic duty" thing is nonsense. It's a personal decision. Period.

The only reason Slo-Joe uttered that bullshit is to influence people. It's all about manipulation and marketing. (Marketing in the consumer doing what they want sense...not in any kind of profit-making sense.)
It's news to you that politics involves influence, manipulation and marketing?

No. Not everyone needs to be vaccinated. No one should be forced to be vaccinated. But yes, Fauci has been all over the map. He changes his tune as politics changes.
No, Fauci 'changes his tune' as knowledge of the virus and how best to tackle it, grows. That's how science and scientists work. And yes, everyone needs to be vaccinated so that the virus has a hard time finding anyone to infect. Does this really have to be explained after over a year of experience with the disease?

WTF? I don’t what would satisfy you. Fauci has backed up my comments. Liberals love Fauci, right?
You were asked for a source for your assertions.
You expressed reluctance to do so.
Now you say you unfamiliar with the process of providing a link — you don't know what would satisfy the request for a citation.

I forget sometimes that there are folks of all different levels of debating skill on here.
hang in there!
gl

You were asked for a source for your assertions.
You expressed reluctance to do so.
Now you say you unfamiliar with the process of providing a link — you don't know what would satisfy the request for a citation.

I forget sometimes that there are folks of all different levels of debating skill on here.
hang in there!
gl
When did I say I was unfamiliar with the process of providing a link? I don't know what would satisfy you, because facts sure don't.

When did I say I was unfamiliar with the process of providing a link? I don't know what would satisfy you, because facts sure don't.
In the post I quoted.
Don't you read your own posts?

Why would you be confused about what would satisfy a request for a citation?

No, Fauci 'changes his tune' as knowledge of the virus and how best to tackle it, grows. That's how science and scientists work. And yes, everyone needs to be vaccinated so that the virus has a hard time finding anyone to infect. Does this really have to be explained after over a year of experience with the disease?
Actually only the elderly and compromised need to be vaccinated. Certainly no one under 16 years needs it. This virus was handled wrong from the very start.

Actually only the elderly and compromised need to be vaccinated. Certainly no one under 16 years needs it. This virus was handled wrong from the very start.
Another clueless post. How many times do you need to be reminded of this before it sinks in...

I think its sad that people like you believe that this disease is only serious in the elderly or compromised. While its true that younger people may not die as often (they DO die from it-even children die from it) its not just about dying. Evan Fournier, a pro basketball player had Covid a few months back. He says that he still feels like he had a concussion. His vision is blurry; his depth perception is off. This can cause a lot of problems even for the young and fit. Your statement that only the elderly need to be vaccinated is pure unadulterated BS.

When something is brand new to science, consistency means you're not working hard enough. I'm glad he's a scientist and not a politician.
He's a ****ing clown that let his 15 minutes of fame get to his head.

I respectfully disagree.

There were over 70 children hospitalized during one week in mid April 2021 with Covid 19.

DETROIT — Among the many alarming consequences of Michigan’s recent Covid-19 surge is one that has doctors particularly concerned: a record-breaking spike in child hospitalizations.

Data from the Michigan Health & Hospital Association shows that the number of children hospitalized with severe Covid-19 symptoms hit a high of 70 this week
— twice as many as were hospitalized during the worst days of the wave that swept the state in November.

The numbers have public officials across the country watching Michigan, raising questions about why the B.1.1.7, or U.K., coronavirus variant behind the latest wave here is leading to more cases of children who are seriously ill.

Here is the Mich data

Currently , in Michigan , there are 48 children hospitalized with confirmed Covid cases and another 11 children who have suspected cases of Covid.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree.

There were over 70 children hospitalized during one week in mid April 2021 with Covid 19.

Here is the Mich data

Currently there are 48 children hospitalized with confirmed Covid cases and another 11 children who have suspected cases of Covid.

Children are at nearly no risk. Follow the science, right?

Back
Top Bottom