• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It is our Patriotic duty to get the vaccine!

But Fauci allowed politics to form his ill informed conclusions
Fauci is a bureaucrat, not a politician. He works for the US government as an advisor to the PotUS as head of the Laboratory of Immunoregulation.

Try to understand the difference between the two ...

Covid-19 is already endemic in every country on Earth. Those who think it can be eradicated are delusional.

IOW he lied.

The thing about lying is that you only have to do it once for people to stop trusting you.

You lie each day with your comments. So I get your point, we shouldn't trust anything you say.

At this rate I highly doubt the world will ever by over of Covid 19 and its variants.
We needed to nip it in the bud early on. But we had to have our barb-a-q and rallies. It was an exponential nightmare. And yeah, in this country...Trump lead the charge in irresponsible behavior. Flame away.

If herd immunity is at 80% or even 85%, that is without 15% being vaccinated. So, why should I get one to calm your frayed nerves? If you are vaccinated, you are home free. Let me die in peace and as a free man.
I think the reason why people are so negative on the vaccine in the United States is because nothing changes. Getting gratulated doesn't mean there's no more lockdown and that you don't have to wear a mask, and the virus for most people is harmless so why bother.

It all has been politicized way too much.

I think the reason why people are so negative on the vaccine in the United States is because nothing changes. Getting gratulated doesn't mean there's no more lockdown and that you don't have to wear a mask, and the virus for most people is harmless so why bother.

It all has been politicized way too much.
Michigan has a 4 step vaccination plan to get us back to normal.

“MI Vacc To Normal” challenge -- a vaccination-based goal that eases restrictions

Step 1: Two weeks after 55% of Michiganders have gotten fully vaccinated, the state will allow in-person work for all sectors of business.

Step 2: Two weeks after 60% of Michiganders have gotten fully vaccinated, the state will increase indoor capacity and sports stadiums and indoor capacity at conference centers, banquet halls and funeral homes to 25%. It will also increase capacity at exercise facilities and gyms to 50% and lift the curfew on restaurants and bars.

Step 3: Two weeks after 65% of Michiganders have gotten fully vaccinated, the state will lift all indoor capacity limits and require only social distancing between parties, as well as further relax limits on residential social gatherings.

Step 4: Two weeks after 70% of Michiganders have gotten fully vaccinated, the state will lift the gatherings and face masks order so MDHSS won’t broadly mitigate it unless there are unanticipated circumstances (variants that resist the vaccine, etc.).

“MI Vacc To Normal” challenge -- a vaccination-based goal that eases restrictions

Step 1: Two weeks after 55% of Michiganders have gotten fully vaccinated, the state will allow in-person work for all sectors of business.

Step 2: Two weeks after 60% of Michiganders have gotten fully vaccinated, the state will increase indoor capacity and sports stadiums and indoor capacity at conference centers, banquet halls and funeral homes to 25%. It will also increase capacity at exercise facilities and gyms to 50% and lift the curfew on restaurants and bars.

Step 3: Two weeks after 65% of Michiganders have gotten fully vaccinated, the state will lift all indoor capacity limits and require only social distancing between parties, as well as further relax limits on residential social gatherings.

Step 4: Two weeks after 70% of Michiganders have gotten fully vaccinated, the state will lift the gatherings and face masks order so MDHSS won’t broadly mitigate it unless there are unanticipated circumstances (variants that resist the vaccine, etc.).
You sure enjoy being subservient to authority.

Michigan has proved themselves so incredibly incompetent that nobody should ever trust them again until they recall their idiotic politicians.

With their Draconian lockdowns they just stretched out the pandemic and possibly causing more harm than it would have been if they had done nothing
these idiots should just erase the restrictions today quit failing. They are going out of their way to be terrible.

All of Michigan serves as as an example on how not to handle the pandemic. But then again this is what happens when the state of Detroit is in charge. They turned their major city into a third world dump.

Michigan has proved themselves so incredibly incompetent that nobody should ever trust them again until they recall their idiotic politicians.

With their Draconian lockdowns they just stretched out the pandemic and possibly causing more harm than it would have been if they had done nothing
these idiots should just erase the restrictions today quit failing. They are going out of their way to be terrible.

All of Michigan serves as as an example on how not to handle the pandemic. But then again this is what happens when the state of Detroit is in charge. They turned their major city into a third world dump.

I respectfully disagree.

During the variant outbreak that raised our cases and hospitalizations ( in March and April of 2021) to the highest in the nation Michigan did not add more restrictions or lockdown even though the CDC recommended that we lock the state down.

I respectfully disagree.

During the variant outbreak that raised our cases and hospitalizations ( in March and April of 2021) to the highest in the nation Michigan did not add more restrictions or lockdown even though the CDC recommended that we lock the state down.
Because the courts said they couldn't.

Here's the interesting thing....

Anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers do their denial in the name of personal freedom. For them, it is all about THEIR rights...it's not about EVERYBODY'S rights.

Those of those who feel that wearing a mask and getting the vaccine have a dual purpose in mind. The first is for ourselves and our immediate loved ones, to protect ourselves in a responsible fashion. Second, we do it in the effort to shorten the amount time we have to do it so that our fellow Americans can also safe as well, as well as opening things up to open up our economy, to stimulate jobs and to bring America out of this.

The anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers don't do it for themselves...we do it for America.
On some issues, there is no serious debate. This is one. Frothing raging armed protesters opposing masks and vaccines are just idiots. They do not sacrifice anything for any cause, ever.

I respectfully disagree.
results speak for themselves. Infection rates in Michigan are soaring right now. The state of Michigan mishandled this. You should be able to point out the mistakes of your state.
well good that means your state legislature is simply incompetent not insane. Congratulations to your state government for learning from their mistakes.

They still completely created the problem you have now. They're incompetence did this to you why in the hell would you defend them?

results speak for themselves. Infection rates in Michigan are soaring right now. The state of Michigan mishandled this. You should be able to point out the mistakes of your state.
well good that means your state legislature is simply incompetent not insane. Congratulations to your state government for learning from their mistakes.

They still completely created the problem you have now. They're incompetence did this to you why in the hell would you defend them?

I still respectfully disagree.

The variants caused the problem.

Our positive case levels were below 4 percent ( among the lowest in the United States ) in the beginning of Feb .

Then the British varient was discovered in a prison in Ionia in Mid February and that when our numbers of positive cases spiked in Michigan.

The UK variant is now in a majority of Michigan’s counties.

It started in mid February in Ionia State Prison
Within a week over 200 prisoners and 2 guards tested positive for the UK variant of Covid.
Since then the UK variant which is much more transmissible, lasts longer and makes people sicker has spread across the state.

I still respectfully disagree.
again results speak for themselves
The variants caused the problem.
that seems like an excuse why would you excuse the incompetence of your state leaders?

They've been the disaster for over a decade no kidding they would handle this poorly.
Our positive case levels were below 4 percent ( among the lowest in the United States ) in the beginning of Feb .
maybe that can give you comfort now that the tables have turned.
Then the British varient was discovered in a prison in Ionia in Mid February and that when our numbers of positive cases spiked in Michigan.
it's uncanny how these variants seem to locate only states with total morons running them. It's almost like it's not linked at all and it's just this magical coincidence
The UK variant is now in a majority of Michigan’s counties.
right lockdowns were worthless in fact they might have been the catalyst for variance
It started in mid February in Ionia State Prison
Within a week over 200 prisoners and 2 guards tested positive for the UK variant of Covid.
Since then the UK variant which is much more transmissible, lasts longer and makes people sicker has spread across the state.
but not States like North Dakota or Texas why is that? Does the virus just really like it in Michigan?

it it's uncanny how these variants seem to locate only states with total morons running them. It's almost like it's not linked at all and it's just this magical coincidence
....Does the virus just really like it in Michigan?
it is uncanny that Michigan gets hits hard in the winter and spring when more people are inside and that it hits prisons hard where people are unable to practice social distancing.
Just a magical coincidence I guess.
From a Feb. 17 article

90 cases of UK COVID-19 variant B.1.1.7 reported at Michigan prison, state says​

it is uncanny that Michigan gets hits hard in the winter and spring when more people are inside and that it hits prisons hard where people are unable to practice social distancing.
Just a magical coincidence I guess.
From a Feb. 17 article
yeah because North Dakota is the subtropics.

You are excusing terrible leadership why?

Maybe they should lock down and have an outbreak a year from now.
Maybe I should be reminded that you can't seriously accept points that counter your argument.

The variant is not contained by state lines, it has spread all across the US.

Maybe I should be reminded that you can't seriously accept points that counter your argument.
well if you'd make points that had the first thing to do with my argument maybe you could post a point that actually counters it.

The variant is not contained by state lines, it has spread all across the US.
no shit. Seems you are unfamiliar with the concept of sarcasm.

well if you'd make points that had the first thing to do with my argument maybe you could post a point that actually counters it.

no shit. Seems you are unfamiliar with the concept of sarcasm.
Yeah, I need to be reminded that ALL of your posting is sarcasm......thnx

Back
Top Bottom