• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It Is Not Your Constitutional Right To Not Wear A Mask

if wearing a mask for the sake of public health is mandated, you have no legal way out

Thats ok, thats exactly what the second Amendment was placed there for. Just look at what lefties did across the nation. Imagine what millions of armed righties would do with the police on their side. Sorry by I'm not living with a mask on when I go outside. Please...pretty please try and make me.

That is ridiculous. Every virus works the same way.
It's not how the virus works that you should look at, but how human bodies work that you should look at. We, humans, don't already have antibodies from covid, while we do have antibodies from several other virus families. Covid is brand new to human immune systems, and that's why so many human bodies don't know to react to covid with fevers, over-clocked mucus membranes and other symptoms we associate with illness; ie, are asymptomatic. Even though covid works the same as other viruses, our bodies don't react the same.

Thats ok, thats exactly what the second Amendment was placed there for. Just look at what lefties did across the nation. Imagine what millions of armed righties would do with the police on their side. Sorry by I'm not living with a mask on when I go outside. Please...pretty please try and make me.

Macho macho man.

The Village People are your friend.

Yes, this makes little sense, but it seems a perfect match to your little sense so there's that.

It's not how the virus works that you should look at, but how human bodies work that you should look at. We, humans, don't already have antibodies from covid, while we do have antibodies from several other virus families. Covid is brand new to human immune systems, and that's why so many human bodies don't know to react to covid with fevers, over-clocked mucus membranes and other symptoms we associate with illness; ie, are asymptomatic. Even though covid works the same as other viruses, our bodies don't react the same.

There is still much to be learned about Covi 19

Inside the body, the coronavirus is even more sinister than scientists had realized

The new coronavirus’ reputation for messing with scientists’ assumptions has taken a truly creepy turn.

Researchers exploring the interaction between the coronavirus and its hosts have discovered that when the SARS-CoV-2 virus infects a human cell, it sets off a ghoulish transformation. Obeying instructions from the virus, the newly infected cell sprouts multi-pronged tentacles studded with viral particles.

These disfigured zombie cells appear to be using those streaming filaments, or filopodia, to reach still-healthy neighboring cells. The protuberances appear to bore into the cells’ bodies and inject their viral venom directly into those cells’ genetic command centers — thus creating another zombie.

The authors of the new study, an international team led by researchers at UC San Francisco, say the coronavirus appears to be using these newly sprouted dendrites to boost its efficiency in capturing new cells and establishing infection in its human victims.

Read more:

Inside the body, the coronavirus is even more sinister than scientists had realized

The infected population is going to be statistically a bell-curve, with the extremes at either end. Antibodies are developed when your body detects an infection, and not before. Unless, of course, you take a vaccine that gives you the deactivated virus so that your body can begin creating antibodies before actually contracting the virus. When you eventually do come in contact with the virus if you have been vaccinated beforehand then you have developed antibodies to fight off the virus. Otherwise your body will start creating antibodies the instant it comes in contact with the virus.

The majority of viruses are brand new and never encountered before, or they are mutations of existing viruses that we have encountered before. In the case of mutations, a vaccine may or may not work. In the case of a brand new virus, like SARS-CoV-2, then it will take some time to develop a vaccine. There was a time when SARS, MERS, and H1N1 were brand new as well. New viruses have a tendency to pop up from time to time.

If they are showing symptoms then they are, by definition, not asymptomatic. Asymptomatic carriers are carrying the disease/virus without showing any symptoms whatsoever. They feel perfectly fine, but are still carriers of the disease/virus and potentially contagious. Asymptomatic carriers are extremely rare.

Macho macho man.

The Village People are your friend.

Yes, this makes little sense, but it seems a perfect match to your little sense so there's that.

If it made little sense it wouldn't have stuck in your craw to the point you needed to personally attack. Lefties emotions get the best of them once again. Also...no cops in Village People. Lefties fired the fictional cop because he was...well a fictional cop.

If it made little sense it wouldn't have stuck in your craw to the point you needed to personally attack. Lefties emotions get the best of them once again. Also...no cops in Village People. Lefties fired the fictional cop because he was...well a fictional cop.

Well, you'll just have to shoot me then I guess mr internet brave.

So my employer is making us wear masks again. This time we have to wear a mask as soon as we enter the building, but not while in the break room around everyone else. We have to wear a mask while walking to our work station, but can take the mask off once we are at our work station and around others.

Masks are a total ****ing joke.

well, your employer is certainly being an ass

You are right, the Supreme Court has already ruled on this exact issue in Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U. S. 11 (1905), and they held that the US Constitution may not be violated because some fascist leftist moron declared a fake emergency.

then why was Massachusetts allowed to fine Jacobson $5 ($145 today) for violating the vaccination mandate?

So since you believe wearing a mask will prevent you from getting the virus why is it so important to you that others follow your lead? You apparently believe that masks work so wear one and quit trying to force others to do something you believe works since their actions will not affect you

Idiot...you haven't learned by now that the mask doesn't protect the wearer, it protects the people around the wearer

It makes absolutely no different either way. Wearing a mask will not save a single life, nor will it cause anyone to lose their life. They are a monumental waste of time, an infringement on liberty, and only used by those who are in a complete state of panic and have lost their minds. A mask wearing individual is more likely to kill someone than the COVID-19 virus. Just look at all the violence and destruction of property mask-wearing morons have committed in the last month alone.

I actually think most of those morons were NOT wearing masks...

Notice that he pointed you to the Library of Congress, and not the Supreme Court. That is because he didn't want you to read the actual decision. ldsrptcvt is being deliberately dishonest with you. The Supreme Court never once gave government the permission to violate the US Constitution whenever it suited them. Just the opposite actually:

The above quote comes from Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905).

then why was Massachusetts allowed to fine Jacobson $5 ($145 today) for violating the mandate?

No, I completely understand why masks are RECOMMENDED but what I don't understand is why that is a concern for those here who are wearing masks? Please don't insult anyone else's intelligence by claiming that the left cares about those getting the virus especially those here in this forum because this is all about politics, earning political points during a pandemic, diverting from the terrible alternative to Trump, and placing blame on Trump out of pure idiotic partisanship

Here is the bottom line, you don't want to catch the virus, practice social distancing, wear a mask, quarantine when necessary but realize you cannot force someone to do what you are doing nor does it really matter. This personal responsibility issue is part of the freedom we have as Americans, freedom to even make bad decisions.

we should all carry pepper spray in case a maskless person gets too close

Not if you aren't infected. And if you ARE infected, you should self-quarantine, not be out in public with a mask.

Testing is key. Masks are not.

we can't get tested every day - there aren't enough resources, human or financial. Being negative on Monday doesn't mean you won't catch it Monday night.

Unless you are feeling ill, what is the point of testing? If you are feeling poorly and you want to determine why, then testing makes sense. The more information you have about your condition the better your treatment will be. However, if you feel fine and are showing no symptoms of an illness, then there is no point in getting tested.

All testing does is tell you what your state of health is at that time. The state of your health could change an hour after taking the test. So there is no point in testing anyone, other than those who already feel poorly.

thus the need to assume everyone is a possible carrier - no way to tell who is "clean"

you are anti-social; sounds like you're itching for a fight

The infected population is going to be statistically a bell-curve, with the extremes at either end. Antibodies are developed when your body detects an infection, and not before. Unless, of course, you take a vaccine that gives you the deactivated virus so that your body can begin creating antibodies before actually contracting the virus. When you eventually do come in contact with the virus if you have been vaccinated beforehand then you have developed antibodies to fight off the virus. Otherwise your body will start creating antibodies the instant it comes in contact with the virus.

The majority of viruses are brand new and never encountered before, or they are mutations of existing viruses that we have encountered before. In the case of mutations, a vaccine may or may not work. In the case of a brand new virus, like SARS-CoV-2, then it will take some time to develop a vaccine. There was a time when SARS, MERS, and H1N1 were brand new as well. New viruses have a tendency to pop up from time to time.

If they are showing symptoms then they are, by definition, not asymptomatic. Asymptomatic carriers are carrying the disease/virus without showing any symptoms whatsoever. They feel perfectly fine, but are still carriers of the disease/virus and potentially contagious. Asymptomatic carriers are extremely rare.

"Asymptomatic carriers are extremely rare." - you can't assume that

so for two days you didn't have the virus. What about today?

What about it? Are you trying to pick up that conversation or start a new one?

Well, you'll just have to shoot me then I guess mr internet brave.

Try dental floss to get me out of your craw. And here is 50 internet dollars for the space I have taken over in your head. Hey are youb still mad at village people police or are lefties angry at capn crunch today?

Try dental floss to get me out of your craw. And here is 50 internet dollars for the space I have taken over in your head. Hey are youb still mad at village people police or are lefties angry at capn crunch today?

Are you still cackling about shooting people?

Back
Top Bottom