• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It is not good to have a president who is so easy to flatter or bait.

Amelia

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
It it not healthy for the nation to have a president who is so susceptible to the flatter of unprincipled people or so easy to bait by anyone.

If Trump had finally figured out what was in the Mattis letter and stood by his praise for Mattis' long career and his thanks for Mattis' service, Trump would have surprised the world and added a mark in the "see, I can act presidential" column.

It took almost three days before Trump showed his usual colors. I was 99% sure it was going to happen, but I left the door open just a crack to see if Trump could stick the presidential landing and not fall off his mark. That shows me that I still do have a bit of an open mind about him in spite of all he's done to show who he is.

But then he returned to his usual form. So no surprises for us there.

It's just not good to have a president who grins at Putin and pouts at Trudeau. Shares his love for Kim and takes pot shots at Macron. Makes sweeping military announcements after a call with Ergodan without even giving the Pentagon a heads-up about what was coming.

And anyone can trigger him. Especially the media. So what if he doesn't like the news coverage? That's not an excuse for his childish reactions. There's always going to be something he doesn't like. And the more negatively he reacts the more that they're going to say which he won't like. And the more he's going to torture himself over it.

I've rarely encountered a human more easily manipulated than Trump. It's sad when I do come across one. I feel bad for them. It's unmeasurably more sad for the president to have this condition.

I've rarely encountered a human more easily manipulated than Trump. It's sad when I do come across one. I feel bad for them. It's unmeasurably more sad for the president to have this condition.

I hope you feel cheered by having shared these fresh insights.

Guess it's just a rehash of Trump bashing to the extreme. :peace

It it not healthy for the nation to have a president who is so susceptible to the flatter of unprincipled people or so easy to bait by anyone.

If Trump had finally figured out what was in the Mattis letter and stood by his praise for Mattis' long career and his thanks for Mattis' service, Trump would have surprised the world and added a mark in the "see, I can act presidential" column.

It took almost three days before Trump showed his usual colors. I was 99% sure it was going to happen, but I left the door open just a crack to see if Trump could stick the presidential landing and not fall off his mark. That shows me that I still do have a bit of an open mind about him in spite of all he's done to show who he is.

It's just not good to have a president who grins at Putin and pouts at Trudeau. Shares his love for Kim and takes pot shots at Macron. Makes sweeping military announcements after a call with Ergodan without even giving the Pentagon a heads-up about what was coming.

And anyone can trigger him. Especially the media. So what if he doesn't like the news coverage? That's not an excuse for his childish reactions. There's always going to be something he doesn't like. And the more negatively he reacts the more that they're going to say which he won't like. And the more he's going to torture himself over it.

This is my worry. He can hear something on Fox News, think it's true and then do something crazy. Mattis said that he is keeping on eye on Trump just in case he literally goes nuclear.

It is nice to have a safe place to vent frustrations and frame my thoughts. Thank you.

I wish Trump had one and didn't feel he needed to use the world as his dumping ground.

Insights are often decidedly not cheerful and unpleasant. But still empathy and compassion are two of the greatest gifts God has given to us. Life is not just about one can get out of it. It is just as much, if not more, about what one puts into it.

Once the Mueller report is out big decisions will have to be made, like, will trump be tried as an adult.

Back
Top Bottom