• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It is Injustice not Racism that drives the Rebellion

Voting Trump was an act of Rebellion, supporting Trump over these last two years has been an act of Rebellion, The Rebellion is here.

You are right about one thing; It is just an act

It will be a real rebellion when those rural hee-haws realize that ones who are screwing them are the ones the left has identified as the cause of their problems

The injustice driving the populist revolution

https://theweek.com/articles/817500/injustice-driving-populist-revolution

Lots of great stuff at the link to include a warning. It is so depressing how many people at DP get this wrong, and then worse very often behave poorly as they wallow in their ignorance....."You dont agree with me so you suck" has to be replaced by listening and caring, listening and caring is what should have been happening in America over these last few years as Trump descended then ascended, but it did not, because The American Elite Sadly Suck Now.

Both the article itself, as well as the 15 minute commentary from Tucker Carlson (i.e. "Tucker's rant") are striking for their poignancy and their irony.

It's obvious that the columnist is a conservative, as his bias is evident throughout, primarily in his selective perceptions of "injustice" in American society. So, the idea raised by the OP (i.e. that Trump's populism is predicated upon "Injustice not Racism")...is just nonsense. That is a phenomenon that has been researched and confirmed in multiple studies in social science literature. There is no arguing about the FACT that the most common variables in determining support for Trump are related to racial and religous resentment, fear and bigotry. That is simply not up for debate. It's an objectively provable, documented FACT. Now, we can debate other issues raised in this opinion piece (as well as the clip he titled "Tucker's rant"), but not this.

So here's my question for the OP (and all the other conservatives here who secretly pine for their coming (white) "revolution" to begin :roll: ): What's the difference (in your eyes) between the "injustices" that have befallen much of "rural Ameirca", and those that are represented by the Black Lives Matter and Me Too movements? If simple, generic "injustice" of "the American Elite" is the primary explanation for Trump's rise, how is it that Trump's support comes almost entirely from conservative rural/suburban white men (and their wives)?

What this op/ed (and "Tucker's rant") demonstrate, yet again, is just how self-centered and emotionally fragile these angry white people really are.

As drugs, crime and single parenthood were crippling urban/minority areas of the country, these were the people who blamed the people in those communities for the problems. These were (and still are) the people who love to criticize/blame "black culture" and "black leaders", etc...and even occasionally touch on eugenics debates. Yet now, as their own communities are being ravaged by crime, drugs and rising single-parenthood, these self-centered hypocrites are blaming "the elites" (of "both" parties, of course:roll:).

Furthermore, these are the SAME people who have supported (and voted for) the political party that has promoted deregulation of financial markets...and of corporate America....for the last 4 decades. Yet now they are suddenly "populists" against "elitism" and "corporate welfare", etc.????

Please. Spare me the snowflake stuff. :lamo

It's funny (i.e. ironic) to see these people (Tucker Carlson especially) suddenly decrying all the policies they've supported since the hey-day of Reagan. But they (and you all) should undersand that you are not fooling anyone with this kind of rank hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Both the article itself, as well as the 15 minute commentary from Tucker Carlson (i.e. "Tucker's rant") are striking for their poignancy and their irony.

It's obvious that the columnist is a conservative, as his bias is evident throughout, primarily in his selective perceptions of "injustice" in American society. So, the idea raised by the OP (i.e. that Trump's populism is predicated upon "Injustice not Racism")...is just nonsense. That is a phenomenon that has been researched and confirmed in multiple studies in social science literature. There is no arguing about the FACT that the most common variables in determining support for Trump are related to racial and religous resentment, fear and bigotry. That is simply not up for debate. It's an objectively provable, documented FACT. Now, we can debate other issues raised in this opinion piece (as well as the clip he titled "Tucker's rant"), but not this.

So here's my question for the OP (and all the other conservatives here who secretly pine for their coming (white) "revolution" to begin :roll: ): What's the difference (in your eyes) between the "injustices" that have befallen much of "rural Ameirca", and those that are represented by the Black Lives Matter and Me Too movements? If simple, generic "injustice" of "the American Elite" is the primary explanation for Trump's rise, how is it that Trump's support comes almost entirely from conservative rural/suburban white men (and their wives)?

What this op/ed (and "Tucker's rant") demonstrate, yet again, is just how self-centered and emotionally fragile these angry white people really are.

As drugs, crime and single parenthood were crippling urban/minority areas of the country, these were the people who blamed the people in those communities for the problems. These were (and still are) the people who love to criticize/blame "black culture" and "black leaders", etc...and even occasionally touch on eugenics debates. Yet now, as their own communities are being ravaged by crime, drugs and rising single-parenthood, these self-centered hypocrites are blaming "the elites" (of "both" parties, of course:roll:).

Furthermore, these are the SAME people who have supported (and voted for) the political party that has promoted deregulation of financial markets...and of corporate America....for the last 4 decades. Yet now they are suddenly "populists" against "elitism" and "corporate welfare", etc.????

Please. Spare me the snowflake stuff. :lamo

It's funny (i.e. ironic) to see these people (Tucker Carlson especially) suddenly decrying all the policies they've supported since the hey-day of Reagan. But they (and you all) should undersand that you are not fooling anyone with this kind of rank hypocrisy.

Dont bother asking questions when you at the same time make it clear that you have made up your mind to not listen, that's demonstrating that you are playing games and are not worth the time and trouble of attempting conversation.

Pretending to care when you clearly dont care is practicing hypocrisy, the very thing you claim to condemn.

You are right about one thing; It is just an act

It will be a real rebellion when those rural hee-haws realize that ones who are screwing them are the ones the left has identified as the cause of their problems

You are lying about what I said, which is an uncivil act.

LOL, like Trump isn't an "elite". He's about as elite as they come. The only thing that makes him acceptable to The Cult is that he talks like he doesn't read and talks trash because he knows nothing about pretty much everything.

Can anyone tell that The Cult grew up while they were still producing Star Wars movies? (I would have said "films' but that's way too elite)...

A post calling the 40% of Americans who support our President a cult is uncivil and moronic.

Dont bother asking questions when you at the same time make it clear that you have made up your mind to not listen, that's demonstrating that you are playing games and are not worth the time and trouble of attempting conversation.

Pretending to care when you clearly dont care is practicing hypocrisy, the very thing you claim to condemn.

Claptrap is claptrap whoever is spouting it. You should broaden your horizons reading-wise

A post calling the 40% of Americans who support our President a cult is uncivil and moronic.

The party of Donald Trump has the gall to complain that someone else is being uncivil

And let's not talk about how moronic Numnuts is;

“I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

If you look at recent history you'll find that his rating is going down fast. This will only continue the longer he's in office and his shutdown is accelerating the decline as we type...

Back
Top Bottom