• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It is against PA law to buy drug paraphenalia over the Internet

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Apparently its against some law & dealers will not ship to PA.

I have a friend who lives across the river in NJ who could receive a package

One of the great ironies of Pennsylvania's drug laws is that the maximum penalty for possession of drug paraphernalia is one year incarceration and a $2,500 fine, while the maximum penalty for possession of a small amount of marijuana is 30 days in jail and a $500 fine.Apr 20, 2013

There used to be a head shop by the river in New Hope but they tightened up on things like pipes & bongs, then went out of business.

The war on pot is dumb. It's also in ruins now that states have figured out that there's a lot of money in legalization.

The war on pot is dumb. It's also in ruins now that states have figured out that there's a lot of money in legalization.
I can but & possess weed but I can goto jail for having a bong? The world is nuts.

There used to be a head shop on the way to the dispensary but I think they folded.

Apparently its against some law & dealers will not ship to PA.

I have a friend who lives across the river in NJ who could receive a package
IANAL.

I have not read all the relevant statutes at play or the complete history of this issue. My surface level opinion is, it depends on how "drug paraphernalia" is defined in PA law. Almost every general store in America sells drug paraphernalia. A lighter. Cans of pop that can be turned into pipes. Etc. They way I understand paraphernalia laws in general, is it isn't drug paraphernalia until it has been used for that purpose. A glass pipe is just a glass pipe, perfectly legal, can be used to smoke tobacco. Once it is used to smoke marijuana or whatever, then it becomes drug paraphernalia. This is what allows headshops to operate in places where marijuana is illegal. I can understand businesses outside the state being hesitant to ship there though, they may not care about the specifics of the law and just consider the risk of confiscation too great. I had the same problem ordering Ejuice from the states, even though it is perfectly legal. CBSA started seizing packages for Health Canada directives, companies stopped shipping because too many customers weren't getting their orders.

I can but & possess weed but I can goto jail for having a bong? The world is nuts.

Most of us managed to hide pipes and bongs in dorm rooms, so I wouldn't worry to much about that part. One person I knew had a water pipe made out of a baby food jar. That was the smoothest one I ever tried. I haven't smoked in years and definitely won't during a respiratory pandemic, but I haven't said never again. Pot has just been a rare thing for me.

Even rolling papers are on the list of drug paraphenalia.

So it looks like sitting on the porch & puffing on a bong or smoking a joint are out. That leaves the edibles route that we've been discussing. It's hard to imagine having aluminum foil, a coffee grinder &a can of tomato soup being drug paraphenalia wen the weed as purchased legally under state law.

There's a tobacconist about 25 miles from me so I should be able to atleast buy rolling papers.

Back
Top Bottom