• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It is 100% Prosecutor Corey's fault

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
While it is easy to condemn MSNBC, Sharpston etc, on the bottomline they are just actors playing the role they are hired to play - to be raging hardcore ubber liberal Democrats including race-baiters. It's their job.

It is Corey, up for re-election at the time, who corrupted it all. First, by refusing to allow a citizen's grand jury (18) to review that. All integrity vanished at that point.

She did incessant press package releases, even illegal ones such as Zimmerman's school records - which were legally protected. She went to extreme lengths to attack Zimmerman's personality outside any relevancy to the case. She incessantly withheld evidence from the defense so it not available up until trial, if ever, meaning all public opinions falsely formed without it. And she incessantly lied and distorted the case.

It is Corey why this case went to trial by deciding it 100% her decision and excluding the grand jury AND police from the process. She who totally distorted the legal relevancies. She who dragged it on and on. She who withheld evidence from the defense - and the public - while dumping out waves of personality attacks. She would continually lied and misrepresented the case and the issues.

All the fury, the protests, the accusations, and the focus 100% are Corey's fault. Has she even been somewhat legitimate, the total perversion of the criminal justice system and debating within an ocean of falsely sold perceptions, pure speculations and race-baiting hatred would not have happened.

Nor is this abstract. She's gotten a lot of people hurt, property destroyed, tens of millions spent on police and law enforcement, countless people terrorized and terrified, and before this over she will have gotten people killed. Because she is corrupt. Because she used this case for her political election and advancement.

Finally, you can't lay this all on the Democrats. Corey is a Republican. It was a Republican Attorney General who assigned her to this - and a Republican Attorney General who could have removed her or otherwise stopped her.

Last edited:
While it is easy to condemn MSNBC, Sharpston etc, on the bottomline they are just actors playing the role they are hired to play - to be raging hardcore ubber liberal Democrats including race-baiters. It's their job.

It is Corey, up for re-election at the time, who corrupted it all. First, by refusing to allow a citizen's grand jury (18) to review that. All integrity vanished at that point.

She did incessant press package releases, even illegal ones such as Zimmerman's school records - which were legally protected. She went to extreme lengths to attack Zimmerman's personality outside any relevancy to the case. She incessantly withheld evidence from the defense so it not available up until trial, if ever, meaning all public opinions falsely formed without it. And she incessantly lied and distorted the case.

It is Corey why this case went to trial by deciding it 100% her decision and excluding the grand jury AND police from the process. She who totally distorted the legal relevancies. She who dragged it on and on. She who withheld evidence from the defense - and the public - while dumping out waves of personality attacks. She would continually lied and misrepresented the case and the issues.

All the fury, the protests, the accusations, and the focus 100% are Corey's fault. Has she even been somewhat legitimate, the total perversion of the criminal justice system and debating within an ocean of falsely sold perceptions, pure speculations and race-baiting hatred would not have happened.

Nor is this abstract. She's gotten a lot of people hurt, property destroyed, tens of millions spent on police and law enforcement, countless people terrorized and terrified, and before this over she will have gotten people killed. Because she is corrupt. Because she used this case for her political election and advancement.

Finally, you can't lay this all on the Democrats. Corey is a Republican. It was a Republican Attorney General who assigned her to this - and a Republican Attorney General who could have removed her or otherwise stopped her.

The fact that she's a Republican is embarrassing, frankly.

I was disgusted by her first post-trial interview. She was practically doing a victory dance trying to spin her loss into, paraphrased, "Well, at least I gave it a shot."

l think republicans have no right to be democrat

She is a bureaucrat before she is a Republican - remember that. I would have more empathy for her if she would tell us how she came to the conclusions she did to prosecute Zimmerman. Was it her decision alone? What influences were brought upon her - were those influences internal or external (for instance her prosecutors would be internal and the Feds external)? Silence to that information today is not a virtue it makes her look guilty.

I don't think withholding evidence was more the lead prosecutor than her - so I'm lead to believe.

The OP looks to pass upon to her "the blame" and no doubt she gets some. I still contend the judge was very biased in the case against Zimmerman - and my belief is that bias came when it was discovered people had given over $100k to Zimmerman and he contended he had no money. I think that sent her sideways and Zimmerman's claim he did not know how he could use that money fell on her deaf ears, and her anger from that point seemed to grow. I do not believe the trial should have made it too the jury; after the prosecution rested I believe that judge was responsible for not accepting the motion to dismiss. How could she look anyone in the face today and say there was enough evidence presented to continue?

I don't blame her at all. Some cases just need to be decided on by members of the community. Obviously, there is plenty of disagreement still about this case. This is exactly the reason we have jury trials.

All that being said, the one thing I do fault the prosecution for is by-passing the grand jury. Where I live, that wouldn't even be possible.

I don't blame her at all. Some cases just need to be decided on by members of the community. Obviously, there is plenty of disagreement still about this case. This is exactly the reason we have jury trials.

All that being said, the one thing I do fault the prosecution for is by-passing the grand jury. Where I live, that wouldn't even be possible.

I disagree.

She is guilty for grand standing and circumventing the legal process for personal gain, which blew up in her face.

She let her alligator mouth write a jaybird check that she could not cash in court.

She is an idiot.

ETA - the community should only dictate legalities through the election of judges and lawmakers - nothing else.

Her fault for what, Trayvon punching someone and getting his ass shot for his troubles?

I would think who would most be pissed off are anti-Zimmerman folks. It's not just that GZ was found guilty, but she was so outlandish that to many people she turned GZ into a martyr himself.

This case should have - like normal - gone to an 18 member grand jury. It does NOT take a majority to indict and the standard is MUCH lower than a criminal trial. MUCH lower. If the grand jury HAD indicted, then the prosecution would seem legitimate, determined by impartial citizens, and no real basis to criticize the prosecutor. USUALLY, grand juries will do what a prosecutor wants unless it really is a piss-poor case. If she could not get an indictment, there was basically no chance in hell she'd get a conviction.

But she was up for election and had to be a glory hound and totally narcisstic as seems her overall personality. My accusation? That the chaos and fury is her fault. I don't think she's incompetent. But calculatedly corrupt and for personal fame and gain purposes.

I would think who would most be pissed off are anti-Zimmerman folks. It's not just that GZ was found guilty, but she was so outlandish that to many people she turned GZ into a martyr himself.

This case should have - like normal - gone to an 18 member grand jury. It does NOT take a majority to indict and the standard is MUCH lower than a criminal trial. MUCH lower. If the grand jury HAD indicted, then the prosecution would seem legitimate, determined by impartial citizens, and no real basis to criticize the prosecutor. USUALLY, grand juries will do what a prosecutor wants unless it really is a piss-poor case. If she could not get an indictment, there was basically no chance in hell she'd get a conviction.

But she was up for election and had to be a glory hound and totally narcisstic as seems her overall personality. My accusation? That the chaos and fury is her fault. I don't think she's incompetent. But calculatedly corrupt and for personal fame and gain purposes.

NO point is getting pissed at her - the evidence was not there.

NO point is getting pissed at her - the evidence was not there.

The evidence was not there or was there...

The thing is....You may have the facts in your favor, and the law, but if you can't put your case on properly, or the other side just does a better job, and their client is sympathetic, you won't get the verdict that you seemingly should.

Reason why a good trial attorney earns his money because he/she can sometimes turn that sow's ear into a silk purse.

Back
Top Bottom