• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It has been 16-months officially...

Has Obi restored honor to the presidency... you must first believe it was dishonored

• Oh yeah baby...

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • You have to be joking

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
It has been 16-months officially...Unofficially he began treading on the end of the Bush presidency, so we can say it has been about 19-months. He's been getting presidential briefings long before that.

We can make a judgment as to what kind of president he has been.

Libs claim Bush destroyed the presidency. You have to buy that to believe something had to be restored.

Has President Bow Wow Wow restored honor to the Presidency?

Last edited:
You mean like Obama saying there would be transparency when he is more secretive than Bush was?

I'm disappointed, this could have been a great thread re: his pledge to remove all combat troops from Iraq w/in 16 months. Instead it's just (overly) partisan bickerfodder.

Obama denies wavering on Iraq - Los Angeles Times

I thought it was getting around the time where troops from Iraq were suppose to leave. Sad because I remember this being a main point in his election. I think President Obama has done an OK job as president. He entered into the position during a rather difficult time and while he hasn't been perfect he has done some good. I have been upset with some of his positions and reaction time to certain events. I also think he has had a lot happen on his watch so far from the Fort Hood shooting to the BP Oil Spill. And I think a lot of the problems the country faces won't be fixed within his presidency or if he gets elected again. There are problems that will take a while to work out and fix, but given everything that happened during and before his enter into presidency I think he is doing an OK job.

Wow... diverse options there.

I almost thought this was a FoxNews.com poll.

I didn't need to see who made this thread to know it was a conservative.

What does the star wars character mentioned in the poll have to do with your first post, when did Obi-Wan become president, and why are you polling asking how well he's doing?

What does the star wars character mentioned in the poll have to do with your first post, when did Obi-Wan become president, and why are you polling asking how well he's doing?

It's short for "Obi from Nairobi," his hilariously witty way of implying that Obama is a Kenyan without actually having to stand behind his position and get embarrassed yet again re: conspiracy theories.

It's short for "Obi from Nairobi," his hilariously witty way of implying that Obama is a Kenyan without actually having to stand behind his position and get embarrassed yet again re: conspiracy theories.
While I didn't know that, I guessed it was something along those lines.

I like my reasoning better, however.

129199666997730474.jpg

I think Obama further dishonered the presidency especially when it comes to our allies. He has treated Israel like trash and has had weaker ties with other historic allies. The only campaign promises he is keeping are the far left foolish ones and not the ones we can all agree on (like transparency, no lobbyists, etc). Obama has further dishonored the presidency, in fact he has disgraced it.

I think Obama further dishonered the presidency especially when it comes to our allies. He has treated Israel like trash and has had weaker ties with other historic allies. The only campaign promises he is keeping are the far left foolish ones and not the ones we can all agree on (like transparency, no lobbyists, etc). Obama has further dishonored the presidency, in fact he has disgraced it.

I am curious about your reasoning here. I just don't see how a person pushing policies that an individual may disagree with equates to dishonoring or disgracing the position.

I am curious about your reasoning here. I just don't see how a person pushing policies that an individual may disagree with equates to dishonoring or disgracing the position.

It doesn't, my point is that the only promises he kept were the purely partisan ones. He intends to push his ideology but not the things that all of America agrees on like transparency and lobbying.

His Presidency so far has been disappointing. I wasn't expecting much from him because quite frankly I didn't think anyone could pull us out of the hole we are in so quickly but he doesn't appear to be even making a fraction of the impact he said he would. Specifically around being this great bipartisanship leader.

I think those who look at Pres. Obama view him through their own "what has he done for me lately" lens instead of looking at the totality of his presidential tenure to date. For me, the answer to the poll question is yes. I think he has done a fairly decent job.

I was talking to my wife and coworkers about this very issue a few weeks ago and not one of us could recall a a sitting president who has had more to deal with in such a short time since being elected before. Reagon had the Iranian Hostages, but negotiations for their release was already well underway (and pretty much a done deal) before he took office. Bush-41 really didn't have anything to deal with until Iraq invaded Kuwaitt and the Kuwaiti King sought his help to kick Saddam out of his country. Clinton made his own problems; same could be said of Bush-43 with the exception for 9/11. So, when you really step back and think about it I dare say that since JFK no other president has had so many issues to deal with in such a short span of time than Pres. Obama:

*A poor economy; country nearly thrust into a depression (housing/banking/domestic and international market collapses; high unemployment)
Piracy of U.S. non-combatant(s) in international waters
Nuclear proliforation (Iran & N. Korea)
Drawing down one war (Iraq) while staying w/the fight in another (Afghanistan)
Massive, devastating earth quake in Haiti
*Healthcare reform (historic landmark legistlation passed whether you agree with it or not)
**Worst environmental disaster the nation has ever witnessed (BP oil spill)
Threat of war w/N. Korea against their southern neighbor and U.S. ally, S. Korea
*Immigration (AZ law and the issue of illegal aliens in general)

*Donotes domestic issue
**Man-made disaster

There were, of course, other issues, i.e., SC nomination of Sotamyer and now his nomination of Kagan, some of his Cabinit appointments came under fire, and every little thing he does seems to come under scrutiny, but those thiings are minor in comparison to those items I highlighted above. Overall, I'd have to give him a thumbs up.

It's hard for a newly elected president to be bi-partisan when the opposition party has had a mandate from day-1 to oppose him at every turn. All you have to do is look at how Republicans fought and opposed Pres. Obama since the stimulas bill and you quickly realize they had no intentions whatsoever of working with the man...this despite him saying repeatedly he's more than willing to work with Republicans if they show a willingness to work with him.

It's hard for a newly elected president to be bi-partisan when the opposition party has had a mandate from day-1 to oppose him at every turn. All you have to do is look at how Republicans fought and opposed Pres. Obama since the stimulas bill and you quickly realize they had no intentions whatsoever of working with the man...this despite him saying repeatedly he's more than willing to work with Republicans if they show a willingness to work with him.

While some of that maybe true, it isn't like the Democrats in Congress are all that willing to be that bi-partisan either. He can say all he wants on how he wants to be bi-partisan, but if those idiots in Congress aren't willing to work together it will be for not.

Too bad there isn't an opinion that says "No, he's too much like Bush when it comes to foreign policy and bailouts."

It has been 16-months officially...Unofficially he began treading on the end of the Bush presidency, so we can say it has been about 19-months. He's been getting presidential briefings long before that.

We can make a judgment as to what kind of president he has been.

Libs claim Bush destroyed the presidency. You have to buy that to believe something had to be restored.

Has President Bow Wow Wow restored honor to the Presidency?

Your racist and disrespectful posts have no credibility.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-media/73738-beck-smeres-obama-11-year-old-daugter-3.html#post1058778888

Go back to Stormfront where that type of anti-American mentality and hate is applauded.

I think folk must be extremely naive to believe
1) Whatever any wanna elected be President says.
2) Believe what any wanna be elected Politician says.
3) Believe at any time what any Lawyer or ex lawyer says.

And just in case you are naive enough, then you fully deserve what you get.

The President hasn't had honor since Washington was in office.

Find a post where I said his citizenship is in question.
Find one.
One.
I do find it odd he hasn't settled the question by producing the docs though. Don't you?

I used Obi from Nairobi what... a couple times... because I thought it was funny. I'd long forgotten about it, and Obi is short for Obama. I wouldn't mind using his full name but I have been toold using his Saddam-like middle name is not allowed.

His roots are Kenyan; proudly so I thought. Perhaps I am wrong...you might know better.

PS. Pass the salt.

Last edited:

Until Brown won The Dead Kennedy seat, Obi didn't need ONE Republican vote.
So much for your theory.

Further, you do not compromise with communist inspired ideas. You take them down.

Dumbest Poll Since I've Been Coming Here.

I'll somewhat agree. It is nonsensical because we know if Obi were here as an active member on DP, he'd be the Asshat Award winner. That is... if he didn't clear the field or R's and Libertarians.

The impetus for the poll comes from having seen a couple signatures from Libs saying "Thankyou for restoring honor to the Presidency" or some such nonsense... so I thought I'd let folks vote on it.

I figured enough time had passed to compare "words, just words" with deeds.

Note. It seems one of the folks that had clapping hands and thanked Obi for restoring honor to the Presidency has changed their signature since this poll has begun.

So... it has had a sobering effect on at least one individual. I guess they didn't want to seem too moronic considering Obi is a regular contributor to the fail.org site.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom