• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It appears that tramping on human rights...

D

dukke

It appears that tramping on human rights in some postcommunist countries have reached the unprecedented level and require really tough reaction from the international community.
That’s Uzbekistan I’m talking this time here. I have heard not once president of this country Karimov boasting "there are less prisoners in Uzbekistan than in USA or Russia". That’s abnormal arrogance! I can foresee there will be no prisoners in this country at all for they will be all just physically eliminated!! They may be boiled to death as Muzafar Avazov or beaten to death or die of forceful starvation as many inmates of the notorious Jaslyk detention facility in northern Uzbekistan. There names have been mostly unknown to us.
It was exactly that prison where our staffer (nongovernmental foundation "Charity & Justice for all") was thrown by Karimov’s regime. We managed to set him free only due to the fact he’s not a citizen of Uzbekistan. He rendered to us really horrifying details of prison life in Jaslyk. That was daily torture of inmates often resulting in deaths. Once a warder complained that the orders "to make prisoners subject to torture with inventive approach (read sophisticated torture)" originated with the ministry of international affairs of Uzbekistan! I guess that agency is not on the message coming from the respected international organizations such as the UN say. Back into 2003 the UN lecturer Theo van Boven issued special Report on the issue of torture. He deliberately pointed to "systematic and massive torture in Uzbekistan"!
There were the times then of obligatory monitoring of torture practice by Europe and USA and international organizations. Now it’s staying absolutely differently! There’s actually no control in this sphere. In Uzbekistan itself it’s been changing from bad to worse. The once accepted National Plan to abandon torture belongs to the past. Authorities in Uzbekistan are not only supportive of torture. They are trying to subdue those human rights activists who brave it to raise their voices against torture. They are blackmailed, intimidated and placed behind bars to be tortured themselves. Same story with the relatives of the victims. They are also forced into silence on the sufferings of their close to skin.
Imho international community must highlight that striking violation of human rights in Uzbekistan. It’s high time special probe was started.

It appears that tramping on human rights in some postcommunist countries have reached the unprecedented level and require really tough reaction from the international community.
That’s Uzbekistan I’m talking this time here. I have heard not once president of this country Karimov boasting "there are less prisoners in Uzbekistan than in USA or Russia". That’s abnormal arrogance! I can foresee there will be no prisoners in this country at all for they will be all just physically eliminated!! They may be boiled to death as Muzafar Avazov or beaten to death or die of forceful starvation as many inmates of the notorious Jaslyk detention facility in northern Uzbekistan. There names have been mostly unknown to us.
It was exactly that prison where our staffer (nongovernmental foundation "Charity & Justice for all") was thrown by Karimov’s regime. We managed to set him free only due to the fact he’s not a citizen of Uzbekistan. He rendered to us really horrifying details of prison life in Jaslyk. That was daily torture of inmates often resulting in deaths. Once a warder complained that the orders "to make prisoners subject to torture with inventive approach (read sophisticated torture)" originated with the ministry of international affairs of Uzbekistan! I guess that agency is not on the message coming from the respected international organizations such as the UN say. Back into 2003 the UN lecturer Theo van Boven issued special Report on the issue of torture. He deliberately pointed to "systematic and massive torture in Uzbekistan"!
There were the times then of obligatory monitoring of torture practice by Europe and USA and international organizations. Now it’s staying absolutely differently! There’s actually no control in this sphere. In Uzbekistan itself it’s been changing from bad to worse. The once accepted National Plan to abandon torture belongs to the past. Authorities in Uzbekistan are not only supportive of torture. They are trying to subdue those human rights activists who brave it to raise their voices against torture. They are blackmailed, intimidated and placed behind bars to be tortured themselves. Same story with the relatives of the victims. They are also forced into silence on the sufferings of their close to skin.
Imho international community must highlight that striking violation of human rights in Uzbekistan. It’s high time special probe was started.

Every time I read first-time posts talking about the atrocities going on in other countries, I always think that someone from that country is reaching out in the only way they know how to reach out. I think this is sad.

Back
Top Bottom