• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It ain’t about Nancy. It’s about black people

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Three staffers working for embattled Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) were asked by security officers to leave an event in downtown Washington on Thursday after they tried to display large campaign signs just as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was about to speak.

The aides were holding lawn signs that defended Waters from the ethics charges she is facing in the House.Three staffers working for embattled Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) were asked by security officers to leave an event in downtown Washington on Thursday after they tried to display large campaign signs just as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was about to speak.

The aides were holding lawn signs that defended Waters from the ethics charges she is facing in the House.

=======

Waters told The Hill afterward that the staffers had been displaying the signs at the annual legislative conference for the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, which was held at the Washington convention center a few blocks away. “It ain’t about Nancy. It’s about black people,” Waters said.

The charges against Waters were first handled by the Office of Congressional Ethics, which was established by Pelosi in 2008.

Waters said she was deploying campaign signs at events throughout the country to defend herself against charges that she improperly intervened to help a failing bank secure a meeting with Treasury officials even though her husband had owned stock in the company and previously served on its board. “These signs will show up wherever large numbers of African Americans gather,” Waters said.

Maxine Waters's aides are expelled from event of Speaker Pelosi's - TheHill.com

Is anyone else as sick-and-tired of African-Americans inserting race everyfreakin'where?? I'm really surprised that she'd, in essence, come right out and say she engineers these people to show up. I guess that says a lot about signs of support we see for any candidate.

She screwed up. Just because she's black doesn't give her a pass. And just because a black screws up doesn't mean, "It's all about blacks." Puke.

Is anyone else as sick-and-tired of African-Americans inserting race everyfreakin'where?? I'm really surprised that she'd, in essence, come right out and say she engineers these people to show up. I guess that says a lot about signs of support we see for any candidate.

She screwed up. Just because she's black doesn't give her a pass. And just because a black screws up doesn't mean, "It's all about blacks." Puke.

DING DING DING!

We have a winner!

I don't give a **** if you're black, brown, yellow, red, white, blue, purple, orange or some color in-between. What matters is who YOU are and what YOU do with your life. Could you imagine if some GOP'er said "It ain't about Obama it's about white people"? The media would probably explode on itself! Doubly so if it was say, Palin or Demint.

Bitch, bitch, bitch thats all these people do. Waters is corrupt to the core, voters shouldnt buy into this crap. Vote the bitch out.

Could you imagine if some GOP'er said "It ain't about Obama it's about white people"? The media would probably explode on itself! Doubly so if it was say, Palin or Demint.

Pat Buchanan wouldve been on the air saying that the GOP was standing up to liberal political correctness.

if she had a defense for those ethics charges, that is what we would be hearing about

playing the race card is all she has left, it would seem

Mggie maggie maggie my professor go and take your dog out for a walk haha love u m8 and sing me a song,like bonnie Scotland we have a dream.

all the best my dear friend who fell out of heaven with a bump,i hope it was not sore.haha.

regards mikeey

Mggie maggie maggie my professor go and take your dog out for a walk haha love u m8 and sing me a song,like bonnie Scotland we have a dream.

all the best my dear friend who fell out of heaven with a bump,i hope it was not sore.haha.

regards mikeey

Mikeey, thank you! (I think.) ;-)

Back
Top Bottom