• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It’s time to admit Hillary Clinton is an extraordinarily talented politician

bubbabgone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
That's right.
That's what this guy
th
says and he's not kidding.
Whether you like Clinton or hate her — and plenty of Americans hate her — it's time to admit that the reason Clinton was the one to break it is because Clinton is actually really good at politics.
She's just good at politics in a way we haven't learned to appreciate.

It’s time to admit Hillary Clinton is an extraordinarily talented politician - Vox

You've herd the expression making a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
Apt in more ways than one here.

He couches his reasons in the most loving ways.

Like ...
He says Hillary is relentless rather than ambitious.
He mentions the server and Goldman Sachs in passing ... but doesn't use the word "lie" or "liar" or Clinton Foundation or Benghazi.
He talks about how she rose to the nomination ... but doesn't mention that every Democrat except Bernie essentially sat it out because they knew it was supposed to be her turn.
He mentioned Hillary's unspoken deal with the Party establishment. No argument from me there but I'm not sure that's a National plus this year.
He said you can't attribute her success to her husband ... but she's using the same Clinton machine and friendly journalists ... like Ezra ... and would she be where she is if there never was a Bill.
And that's true of other politicians who found themselves at the top courtesy of their families.

But this piece goes to show you what a lovely picture the right word choices can make at the right keyboard.
We'll be getting more just like it.

[side note - Ezra Klein has written for several outlets but this was in VOX and one of the VOX editors has that string of tweets endorsing ... wait for it ... violence at Trump rallies.]

That's right.
That's what this guy
th

It’s time to admit Hillary Clinton is an extraordinarily talented politician - Vox

Like ...
He mentions the server and Goldman Sachs in passing ... but doesn't use the word "lie" or "liar" or Clinton Foundation or Benghazi.
He talks about how she rose to the nomination ... but doesn't mention that every Democrat except Bernie essentially sat it out because they knew it was supposed to be her turn.
He mentioned Hillary's unspoken deal with the Party establishment. No argument from me there but I'm not sure that's a National plus this year.
He said you can't attribute her success to her husband ... but she's using the same Clinton machine and friendly journalists ... like Ezra ... and would she be where she is if there never was a Bill.
And that's true of other politicians who found themselves at the top courtesy of their families.

But this piece goes to show you what a lovely picture the right word choices can make at the right keyboard.

[side note - Ezra Klein has written for several outlets but this was in VOX and one of the VOX editors has that string of tweets endorsing ... wait for it ... violence at Trump rallies.]

Hillary Clinton is a very talented politician. You can disagree with her, hate her, etc but its pretty hard to say otherwise.

Hillary Clinton is a very talented politician. You can disagree with her, hate her, etc but its pretty hard to say otherwise.

I also think she will make a terrific President. You don't spend a lifetime working for something and then toss it away when you get it. She will be ready from day one and that is why the GOP has spent to much time and money trying to tear her down. There are scared to death of her.

She's a talented party machine administrator. I wouldn't say she's a talented politician. She just got given a serious run for her money by a 74 year old version of Doc from Back to the Future.

She's a talented party machine administrator. I wouldn't say she's a talented politician. She just got given a serious run for her money by a 74 year old version of Doc from Back to the Future.

She did what was needed to reach her goal. Sanders has and will be an asset to her not a liability. She had to show that she could beat a man to qualify as a candidate...and she did.

This is all thats needed to be read. What it really means is shes horrible, now lets try and put lipstick on this pig.

"She's just good at politics in a way we haven't learned to appreciate."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lest we forget, Hillary the very talented politician lost 8 years ago to an unknown junior Senator with a mediocre record.

Hillary the very talented politician today is barely polling even with a non politician who very few actually like and loses a couple of points a month.

"Party machine administrator" is party of politics. And Bernie Sanders is also a talented politician as well.

Lest we forget, Hillary the very talented politician lost 8 years ago to an unknown junior Senator with a mediocre record.
Yup. Barack Obama is also a talented politician.

Hillary the very talented politician today is barely polling even with a non politician who very few actually like and loses a couple of points a month.
Yup. Kinda hard to explain the craziness of this years election cycle but its pretty hard to argue that she still isnt talented.

I also think she will make a terrific President. You don't spend a lifetime working for something and then toss it away when you get it. She will be ready from day one and that is why the GOP has spent to much time and money trying to tear her down. There are scared to death of her.

She's never been ready for any of her jobs, ever, so why would she now? She couldn't even handle being Secretary of State properly.

No she isn't. She almost got beat out by another nobody, like she did in 2008.

That's right.
That's what this guy
th

Like ...

Greetings, bubba. :2wave:

Hillary has had lots of time and opportunities to learn many things, and it doesn't hurt that she has a well-oiled political machine behind her. So my question is: if we are going to become part of the one-world government that some seem to be aiming for, does she become the representative from America who will be taking orders from a small hierarchy located god knows where, or will she have a voice if she differs? It looks like our second amendment rights will have to be done away with, and she is certainly in favor of that, and makes no bones about it, and it has certainly become a hot topic lately with lots of media attention, so can we expect a full-blown revolution with lots of casualities if she becomes POTUS, keeping in mind that she will have the opportunity to name several new justices to the SCOTUS who don't agree with our Constitutional rights of self defense? Just musing....

Loosing a presidential election once does not make them not a talented politician.
Look at how many presidents lost a presidential election before becoming president:
"1789--John Adams (lost to George Washington) became 2d President
1796--Thomas Jefferson (lost to John Adams) became 3d President
1808--James Monroe (lost to James Madison) became 5th President
1824--Andrew Jackson (lost to John Quincy Adams) became 7th President
1836--William Henry Harrison (lost to Martin Van Buren) became 9th President
1844--James Buchanan (lost to James K Polk) became 15th President
1856--Millard Fillmore (lost to Franklin Pierce) became 13th President
1860--Andrew Johnson (lost to Abraham Lincoln) became 17th President
1864--Ulysses S Grant (lost to Abraham Lincoln) became 18th President
1888--Grover Cleveland (lost to Benjamin Harrison) became 24th President (after already serving as 22d President)
1960--Richard Nixon (lost to John F Kennedy) became 37th President
1976--Ronald Reagan (lost to James Earle Carter) became 40th President
1980--George H. W. Bush (lost to Ronald Reagan) became 41st President"

"Party machine administrator" is party of politics. And Bernie Sanders is also a talented politician as well.

Yup. Barack Obama is also a talented politician.

Yup. Kinda hard to explain the craziness of this years election cycle but its pretty hard to argue that she still isnt talented.

So in other words you think all of the progressive figure heads are talented politicians.

I am pretty sure I already know your opinion of other politicians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That requires intelligence, a co-operative mien and leadership ability.

The fact that she managed to remain with a serial sex offender to piggy back her aspirations does not translate into success at anything, as proven by her disaster as a State Secretary.

I don't see any political genius. The last time she did this she came in third behind an unknown black community organizer. This time she's being challenged by a whacko who has never run a s Democrat and a lying, dishonest fraud.

At best, Hillary is a lot less likely to take us into global nuclear war.

Hillary Clinton is a extraordinarily protected candidate....not a extraordinarily talented candidate.

Why would anyone want to learn to appreciate dishonesty and shady deals?
Its not like this is a breakout artist with some new approach. Lying and cheating has been around a very long time.

That "nobody" kicked the a$$es of the Republicans. Twice.

Loosing a presidential election once does not make them not a talented politician.
Look at how many presidents lost a presidential election before becoming president:
1888--Grover Cleveland (lost to Benjamin Harrison) became 24th President (after already serving as 22d President)

Did any of them lie about how they kept state secrets?

Did any of them piggy back off a serial sex offender to launch their career?

Did any of them lose to a totally inexperienced politician?

Kind of cute you relate her to Nixon and Uslyses S Grant

So in other words you think all of the progressive figure heads are talented politicians.
Nope. Being a progressive does not automatically equate to talented politician.

Also, to categorize Hillary is hilarious.

I am pretty sure I already know your opinion of other politicians.
Yea. So what. A politician I despise from history, Ronald Reagan. I think he is an absolute scumbag. However, I cannot deny that he is a talented politician. Politics is essentially the process of convincing people and/or institutions to carry out policies that you are in favor of and/or influence legislative policies, and is also the art/process of getting in power and or remaining in power if you deem that is an action you want to take.

That "nobody" kicked the a$$es of the Republicans. Twice.

Why did you use quotes? Obama was a nobody and he ran against McCain and Romney so :shrug:

Also, there are different dynamics at play when it's the Dem primary because there is no clear media advantage, like what the Dems get in the general election.

Did any of them lie about how they kept state secrets?

Did any of them piggy back off a serial sex offender to launch their career?

Did any of them lose to a totally inexperienced politician?

Kind of cute you relate her to Nixon and Uslyses S Grant
If your point is that she has skeletons in her closet, then yes, I'm almost 100% positive every one of those politicians on that list has skeletons in their closet in regards to ethical practices. But as I pointed out earlier, you can hate her, disagree with her, etc all you want. Im simply saying its pretty hard to disagree with that she is a talented politician. Politics in this context is not if you like her or agree with her politics and/or political positions.

Why did you use quotes? Obama was a nobody and he ran against McCain and Romney so :shrug:

Also, there are different dynamics at play when it's the Dem primary because there is no clear media advantage, like what the Dems get in the general election.

Two consecutive a$$ kickings.

No one would even know her name if she wasn't married to Bill. She has done a horrible job, at everything she has had her hand in. I guess you could say she is talented because of the Clinton machine she has helped build. Like, she is talent in all the ways that we dislike about professional politicians.

That's right.That's what this guy
th
says and he's not kidding. It’s time to admit Hillary Clinton is an extraordinarily talented politician - VoxYou've herd the expression making a silk purse out of a sow's ear.Apt in more ways than one here.He couches his reasons in the most loving ways.Like ...He says Hillary is relentless rather than ambitious.He mentions the server and Goldman Sachs in passing ... but doesn't use the word "lie" or "liar" or Clinton Foundation or Benghazi. He talks about how she rose to the nomination ... but doesn't mention that every Democrat except Bernie essentially sat it out because they knew it was supposed to be her turn.He mentioned Hillary's unspoken deal with the Party establishment. No argument from me there but I'm not sure that's a National plus this year. He said you can't attribute her success to her husband ... but she's using the same Clinton machine and friendly journalists ... like Ezra ... and would she be where she is if there never was a Bill.And that's true of other politicians who found themselves at the top courtesy of their families.But this piece goes to show you what a lovely picture the right word choices can make at the right keyboard.We'll be getting more just like it.[side note - Ezra Klein has written for several outlets but this was in VOX and one of the VOX editors has that string of tweets endorsing ... wait for it ... violence at Trump rallies.]
Reminds me of the New York Times puff piece that says that Hillary's ideals are bold and ambitious but subtle and hard to understand.

Back
Top Bottom