• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It’s over. Democrat Ben McAdams ousts Republican Rep Mia Love by 694 votes

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Final vote counts Tuesday showed that Democrat Ben McAdams did not jump the gun when he declared victory a day earlier over two-term Republican Rep. Mia Love.

He won by 694 votes, or a margin of 50.129 percent to 49.871. That margin of 0.258 was barely outside the 0.25 percent that would have allowed Love to request a recount.

Source: (Salt Lake Tribune)It’s over. Democrat Ben McAdams ousts Republican Rep Mia Love by 694 votes

Another Dem flip in the books, and an unlikely one at that - in Ruby Red Utah.

I'm not sure if that edges the Dem pick-ups to 40, but last I saw (before this) it was at 39.

Alright ... I just checked the 538.com homepage, and it now has Dem pick-ups at 40. So I think we can now at least call the House a Blue Wave. It's going to give the Dems some room to work with in their proceedings.

Source: (Salt Lake Tribune)It’s over. Democrat Ben McAdams ousts Republican Rep Mia Love by 694 votes

I'm not sure if that edges the Dem pick-ups to 40, but last I saw (before this) it was at 39.

Alright ... I just checked the 538.com homepage, and it now has Dem pick-ups at 40. So I think we can now at least call the House a Blue Wave. It's going to give the Dems some room to work with in their proceedings.

BWAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!

Perfect. She was the one evoking God being in her corner and crap like that. Buuuhhhhhh bye. Buh bye now. Buh bye.

38 net seats flipped to blue. 3 seats left to decide.

Last edited:

Perfect. She was the one evoking God being in her corner and crap like that. Buuuhhhhhh bye. Buh bye now. Buh bye.
Yeah, I hate that "God tells me I'm right" crap, too. But it's that nice, round, "40", that really sends me.

Where is her god now?

That should not be a surprise. Her district has been a challenge for the GOP for several elections, before the mid-terms.

In 2016, 63 million people voted for republicans, and 66 million voted for Democrats.

In 2018 61 million people voted for democrats.

In a midterm election.

Nah... she's in her bedroom now listening to this on a loop...

Irrespective of the political context of the thread, that's a great tune! :thumbs:

38 net seats flipped to blue. 3 seats left to decide.

Meh. It required 23 or 24 seats just to give the Dems a majority. Thirteen to Fifteen votes over that majority is not exactly a crushing victory. Should Trump win re-election, its plausible the house will go Republican.

That should not be a surprise. Her district has been a challenge for the GOP for several elections, before the mid-terms.
Perhaps. But that forty seats & seven state houses is definitely looking a bit "wavy", to me.

Meh. It required 23 or 24 seats just to give the Dems a majority. Thirteen to Fifteen votes over that majority is not exactly a crushing victory. Should Trump win re-election, its plausible the house will go Republican.

Whatever it takes for you to sleep better. Be prepared for some oversight.

In 2016, 63 million people voted for republicans, and 66 million voted for Democrats.

In 2018 61 million people voted for democrats.

In a midterm election.
12M more voted Dem in the Senate races, than voted Republican.

Nice little deflating their celebration :peace

Perhaps. But that forty seats & seven state houses is definitely looking a bit "wavy", to me.

Here ya go!

As an aside the "great blue wave" did quite a bit...

• Looks like 40+ house seats will have flipped
  • 7 Governor seats flipped
  • 7 new state legislation majorities
  • 5 republican supermajorities in state legislatures broken
  • 4 AG seats flipped
  • 4 State Treasurer seats flipped
  • 2 Secretary of State seats flipped
  • 2 Senate seats flipped
  • 380 state legislative seats flipped

Yeah, I hate that "God tells me I'm right" crap, too. But it's that nice, round, "40", that really sends me.
Indeed, that's just two shy of the number of seats Rachel Bitecofer forecasted (42) as Dem pick-ups.

I'll admit, when the results from Florida came in, I got PTSD from 2016, and was worried the Republicans would beat the polls. But, then slowly but surely, the wave came in as forecasted.

It's not a Blue Wave. It's a Blue Crime Wave! This election was stolen!

All that is left to decide is the runoff election in Mississippi for senate
The Senate has not been a bright spot for the Dems, though I suppose in light of it being the worst Dem map in a century, I suppose it could have gone worse.

But unlike the swift taking back of the House & Governor's Mansions, it's becoming clear to me the Senate is becoming a battle of voters vs geography. And geography holds a powerful hand.

You're right. I'm absolutely crushed by this victory of ours.

2 Dem women hitters (one as an AG and one Senator) and a House Dem pedophile (who got Obama to campaign for him). Bet you're really proud!

It seems to be a trend... suburban districts are more and more and more a challenge for the GOP. That should be no worry, however, because acreage votes for the GOP.

The Senate has not been a bright spot for the Dems, though I suppose in light of it being the worst Dem map in a century, I suppose it could have gone worse.

But unlike the swift taking back of the House & Governor's Mansions, it's becoming clear to me the Senate is becoming a battle of voters vs geography. And geography holds a powerful hand.

Sometimes geography cannot overcome the blunders of an inexperienced or incompetent canididate

Back
Top Bottom