• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It’s over. Democrat Ben McAdams ousts Republican Rep Mia Love by 694 votes

2 Dem women hitters (one as an AG and one Senator) and a House Dem pedophile (who got Obama to campaign for him). Bet you're really proud!

All your claptrap aside... the House it turning blue. Deal with it.

Meh. It required 23 or 24 seats just to give the Dems a majority. Thirteen to Fifteen votes over that majority is not exactly a crushing victory. Should Trump win re-election, its plausible the house will go Republican.
23 were required for majority, and the current tally is 17 over. That's not a supermajority, but 17 votes-to-spare is definitely a lot of wiggle-room.

23 were required for majority, and the current tally is 17 over. That's not a supermajority, but 17 votes-to-spare is definitely a lot of wiggle-room.

Don't you worry. There will be a wider gap than 17 in 2020.

The Senate has not been a bright spot for the Dems

And it doesn't help Senate Dems treated a well-respected judge like **** and wanted to have his scalp to hang on their belts as a trophy to show off their prowess as political assholes.

Ah, that's a pretty nice compendium; thanks! :cheers:

But whatever you do, remember... its not a wave! :lol:

I'll take all these "non-waves" any day of the week and on sunday.

Indeed, that's just two shy of the number of seats Rachel Bitecofer forecasted (42) as Dem pick-ups.

I'll admit, when the results from Florida came in, I got PTSD from 2016, and was worried the Republicans would beat the polls. But, then slowly but surely, the wave came in as forecasted.
Well this beats my forecasts, if you remember?

The Senate has not been a bright spot for the Dems, though I suppose in light of it being the worst Dem map in a century, I suppose it could have gone worse.

But unlike the swift taking back of the House & Governor's Mansions, it's becoming clear to me the Senate is becoming a battle of voters vs geography. And geography holds a powerful hand.
You have to remember that putting aside Florida, the Democrats did very well everywhere else, and flipped two Republicans seats, and came close to another.

In 2020 Republicans will be defending all of the seats they flipped in 2014. In presidential years Democrats REALLY get out and vote. After the 2006 midterms where Democrats won 30 seats, they won another 26 seats in 2008, and where able to flip another 8 Senate seats, partly thanks to Obama turning out the base everywhere.

Those 2014 flips to red will be just as swingy in 2020, so Republicans better buckle-up.

Last edited:
All your claptrap aside... the House it turning blue. Deal with it.

We'll see how long it lasts. The majority-supported theory is them pissing it down their leg by the gallon.

Voters will only tolerate so much of the Dems' idea of "oversight". When it starts looking like nothing more then petty "payback" bull**** politics, voters will tell your lot to either do something productive legislation-wise or get out of the way.

You have to remember that putting aside Florida, the Democrats did very well everywhere else, and flipped two Republicans seats, and came close to another.

In 2020 Republicans will be defending all of the seats they flipped in 2014. In presidential years Democrats REALLY get out and vote. After the 2006 midterms where Democrats won 30 seats, they won another 26 seats in 2008, and where able to flip another 8 Senate seats, partly thanks to Obama turning out the base everywhere.

Those 2014 flips to red will be just has swingy in 2020, so Republicans better buckle-up.
Yep. And many of those Dem Presidential Year voters simply pull a straight party handle, meaning long coat-tails for a good candidate.

We'll see how long it lasts. The majority-supported theory is them pissing it down their leg by the gallon.

Voters will only tolerate so much of the Dems' idea of "oversight". When it starts looking like nothing more then petty "payback" bull**** politics, voters will tell your lot to either do something productive legislation-wise or get out of the way.
Nobody expects them pass legislation right now. They know whatever they draft will not supported by Republicans.

56% of this country wanted a check on this president and they'll get it.

I'd wish you good luck with your hypothesis but I actually don't.

Meh. It required 23 or 24 seats just to give the Dems a majority. Thirteen to Fifteen votes over that majority is not exactly a crushing victory. Should Trump win re-election, its plausible the house will go Republican.
Not sure why you would expect Trump to have coattails. Republicans lost six House seats and two Senate seats in 2016.

And it doesn't help Senate Dems treated a well-respected judge like **** and wanted to have his scalp to hang on their belts as a trophy to show off their prowess as political assholes.
I agree only to the point of post Dr. Ford hearings, with Avenatti etc.

But those Kavanaugh hearings highly motivated the Dems to come out. I see the Senate problems as partly the Kavanaugh incidents, but also very much a matter of geography.

Source: (Salt Lake Tribune)It’s over. Democrat Ben McAdams ousts Republican Rep Mia Love by 694 votes

Another Dem flip in the books, and an unlikely one at that - in Ruby Red Utah.

I'm not sure if that edges the Dem pick-ups to 40, but last I saw (before this) it was at 39.

Alright ... I just checked the 538.com homepage, and it now has Dem pick-ups at 40. So I think we can now at least call the House a Blue Wave. It's going to give the Dems some room to work with in their proceedings.
Somewhat odd that in all these tight Houses raced the Dem has come from behind to win. Any chance Mueller's next job will be investigating collusion between the Democratic Party and the Russian government? Just kidding, of course.

Funny that Mia Love is a never Trumper and she lost her race in Utah. Hmmm.

Somewhat odd that in all these tight Houses raced the Dem has come from behind to win. Any chance Mueller's next job will be investigating collusion between the Democratic Party and the Russian government? Just kidding, of course.

Mueller is a special prosecutor already on a case. Which makes your statement really REALLY stupid. Which itself is par for the course.

Dems tend to live in dense urban areas, and those areas are large counts that take a long time to turnout (in general).

Mueller is a special prosecutor already on a case. Which makes your statement really REALLY stupid. Which itself is par for the course.
He said he was kidding.

It's not a Blue Wave. It's a Blue Crime Wave! This election was stolen!

Just stop. maybe a few seats were dubious-but not 40

Source: (Salt Lake Tribune)It’s over. Democrat Ben McAdams ousts Republican Rep Mia Love by 694 votes

Another Dem flip in the books, and an unlikely one at that - in Ruby Red Utah.

I'm not sure if that edges the Dem pick-ups to 40, but last I saw (before this) it was at 39.

Alright ... I just checked the 538.com homepage, and it now has Dem pick-ups at 40. So I think we can now at least call the House a Blue Wave. It's going to give the Dems some room to work with in their proceedings.

Mia refused the embrace from Donny the Trump Soprano, now she is unemployed lol

Back
Top Bottom