• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It’s Official: Trump Unleashed A Middle-Class Boom That Benefited Women, Minorities Most

Nobody is claiming Trump did it "single-handedly".
IBD Editorials has for over a decade been your go to bs source, some people never change.

its 2020, all those gains, and then some are gone. Orange rode the Obama econ wave, then he let it catch a virus.

Not really. Had our first "shoot the messenger" attempt - unfortunately his foot get in the way.

LOLz. Yeah, that's fair. He certainly does that often enough all on his own.

Not so long as you guys wont also recognize his Failures.

He he had his failures, and he has caused his own conflicts (see my previous post above).

But what the media and left accuse as failures, often aren't (this thread a case in point).
So I've stopped believing the media as well as the left. They are far too caught up in the red mist of TDS insanity to be counted on for accuracy and honestly.

Presidents usually get too much credit and too much blame for good and bad economics times.

They don’t hold all the cards and it’s far easier to project all problems on to one man than the complexity of the economic system and particularly it’s problems.

The fact of the matter is though, when it comes to healthcare, higher education, housing and quite a few other essentials, those things are becoming more and more out of reach for the average American, ultimately affecting social mobility, ultimately affecting the wealth disparity which grows worse by the day.

Trump supporters can paint a happy dappy picture with raw numbers and create as many false narratives as they like, but the fact remains, the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer and while this is actually a global phenomenon, it is particularly severe in what is technically supposed to be the “richest” country in the world... But really isn’t for the vast majority and whatever gains in dollar amounts they may have... it’s buying them less and less.
And yet the Census Bureau says fewer people are living in poverty and lower income workers saw the largest pay gains.

When it was good, it was Trump, when it blew up, someone else?

Who shut down their state economies?

hint: It wasn't Trump.

Do those blue states get the credit when the economy was good as well, or is that all Trump?

Do those blue states get the credit when the economy was good as well, or is that all Trump?

Sure...if the state government actually did something. But keep in mind that here we are talking about the national economy. State governments really only affect their own state's economies...good or bad. If all of the state governors got together and did the same things that cumulatively made our national economy much better, then I would give ALL of the state governments credit for the improvement. Even if Trump had nothing to do with the improvement.

But in the current situation, it was all the states taking the same steps to shut down their state's economies...and cumulatively, our national economy. Trump didn't do it.

Sure...if the state government actually did something. But keep in mind that here we are talking about the national economy. State governments really only affect their own state's economies...good or bad. If all of the state governors got together and did the same things that cumulatively made our national economy much better, then I would give ALL of the state governments credit for the improvement. Even if Trump had nothing to do with the improvement.

But in the current situation, it was all the states taking the same steps to shut down their state's economies...and cumulatively, our national economy. Trump didn't do it.

My god, the dumb in the post is astounding. You do realize the national GDP consists of a compilation of state GDPs, right? The clue is "United States of America".

Can you tell me what the GDP during the good times would have been if you removed the GDPs of the blue states?

My god, the dumb in the post is astounding. You do realize the national GDP consists of a compilation of state GDPs, right? The clue is "United States of America".

Can you tell me what the GDP during the good times would have been if you removed the GDPs of the blue states?

Why are you talking about GDP's?

Do I need to repeat myself?

But Democrats are the same ones screaming that Trump needs to tell them ALL what to do with a covid and vaccine plan.
As if they'd abide:roll:

Why are you talking about GDP's?

Do I need to repeat myself?

Do you even know what GDP is?

(Hint: it's the most used metric in evaluating economies)

To have so much handed to you and then to squander it so completely is mind boggling. If only there had been something in Trump’s history that might’ve alerted us to his pattern.

State economies were in decline BEFORE shutdown orders came into effect, consumers demand plummeted due to personal choices about gathering.

Yeah, the latest numbers from the Census Bureau show Trump's economic plans delivered: higher incomes - particularly for lower wage earners, women and minorities, lowest unemployment rates in memory, fewer below poverty rate and much, much more.

Just a few highlights:

And:

And, much, much, much more . . .

And PLEASE don't spew that nonsensical "he inherited it from Obama" trope - that insults our intelligence and causes questions about yours.

How does it insult what you don't have? I guess the DOW chart from obama's two terms is also lying?

State economies were in decline BEFORE shutdown orders came into effect, consumers demand plummeted due to personal choices about gathering.

People were going to work before the governors told them they cannot do that anymore.

People were going to work before the governors told them they cannot do that anymore.

Workers going their job doesnt cause consumers to spend. The topic is consumer spending it fell BEFORE Guvs issued orders.
Deal with it.

Workers going their job doesnt cause consumers to spend. The topic is consumer spending it fell BEFORE Guvs issued orders.
Deal with it.

No. The topic is state governors shutting down their economies.

But you are trying to say that the economies were shut down by consumers. That is nonsense.

But you are trying to say that the economies were shut down by consumers. That is nonsense.
I said consumer spending was in decline BEFORE the shutdown orders because folks did not want to gather in stores, restaurants...

consumer spending.jpg

demand before lockdowns.jpg

Yeah, the latest numbers from the Census Bureau show Trump's economic plans delivered: higher incomes - particularly for lower wage earners, women and minorities, lowest unemployment rates in memory, fewer below poverty rate and much, much more.

Just a few highlights:

And:

And, much, much, much more . . .

And PLEASE don't spew that nonsensical "he inherited it from Obama" trope - that insults our intelligence and causes questions about yours.
What a worthless stupid ****ing post.
Over the last 3 months, 1/3 of Americans missed their rent / mortgage payments.

He’s right for crying out loud.
People didn’t go to public places because they were AFRAID.
NO GO = NO SPEND MONEY = REVENUE/SALES GO DOWN = BAD.
Cripe.

He’s right for crying out loud.
People didn’t go to public places because they were AFRAID.
NO GO = NO SPEND MONEY = REVENUE/SALES GO DOWN = BAD.
Cripe.

By his own charts, the change...before the shutdown orders...were negligible. The precipitous drop came after the shutdown orders by the governors.

Tell you what...show the difference in employment numbers before and after the shutdown orders. THAT is a much better indicator of how the governors destroyed their own state economies.

By his own charts, the change...before the shutdown orders...were negligible. The precipitous drop came after the shutdown orders by the governors.

The first graph is NATIONAL demand, the ONLY shutdown it showed was the first, in CA. Other orders followed WEEKS after, as per the Georgia graph.

It like arguing unemployment wasn't dropping much prior to Obama's election, the drop was caused by Obama's election.

Tell you what...show the difference in employment numbers before and after the shutdown orders. THAT is a much better indicator of how the governors destroyed their own state economies.
UE is a lagging indicator, everyone, cept you, knows that.

Back
Top Bottom