• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

IT’S OFFICIAL=> Ted Cruz Is Mathematically ELIMINATED from GOP Race – With Chart

lpast

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Not actually on official site, I posted it because of the chart, if its accurate cruz needs 627 delegates and theres only 622 available. Even after the ones that were just "given" to him

As we predicted on April 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]…. As of today, April 26, 2016, Ted Cruz is mathematically eliminated from winning the Republican nomination outright.
On April 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] we predicted that Donald Trump would have 953 delegates as of today (needing only 284 delegates for the nomination) and that Cruz would have 550 delegates as of today (needing 687 to win the nomination).
We also predicted that only 634 delegates would remain and therefore Cruz would need more delegates than would be available.
Ted Cruz is eliminated.
It is clear that Cruz was eliminated tonight.
It is not clear yet on how devastating the final numbers will be for Ted Cruz.

After winning all five primaries tonight — Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania — Donald Trump has 950 delegates so far.
Ted Cruz finished third in Connecticut, Maryland, Delaware and Rhode Island.
There are fewer delegates remaining than we originally projected because the delegates in Wyoming, Colorado and North Dakota were allocated in shady voter-less elections after April 2[SUP]nd[/SUP].
After tonight’s primaries Cruz has — 560 delegates after winning one delegate Tuesday.
Cruz needs 677 delegates to reach 1,237 delegates.
There are only 622 available.
It’s over.

IT'S OFFICIAL=> Ted Cruz Is Mathematically ELIMINATED from GOP Race - With Chart

He is a disgusting individual thankfully he will be gone.

Anyone who thought Cruz and his far right ideology was going to do well in the Northeast States were kidding themselves. Cruz scares the hell out of Moderate Americans.

Add on that he's a slim and a habitual liar.. He had no chance.

Math isn't stopping Kasich. I just love how Trump is exposing how terrible each team is. The primary process is shady on both sides and it is finally being talked about publicly. We need more independents in congress that have their own brain, not "yes" men who do as their told by their major donors.

Anyone who thought Cruz and his far right ideology was going to do well in the Northeast States were kidding themselves. Cruz scares the hell out of Moderate Americans.

Exactly, from the day he hit the senate Ted Cruz has turned my stomach. Everything that came out of his mouth was a hit on working americans and the poor. I didnt forget his telling the senate we have to Abolish Social Security its unaffordable. Then he votes for continuing tax subsidies in the many millions for industries that have never had a losing quarter, Big Oil, Pharmaceuticals and Corporate Farms. We can afford those and of course we must have more tax cuts for the downtrodden abused rich. Hes one of those one minute wonders

The question now is, will Trump secure the necessary delegates to won. It is impossible for the other two to win. In any other primary election, they would drop out.

Why does the northeast like Trump?

Exactly, from the day he hit the senate Ted Cruz has turned my stomach. Everything that came out of his mouth was a hit on working americans and the poor. I didnt forget his telling the senate we have to Abolish Social Security its unaffordable. Then he votes for continuing tax subsidies in the many millions for industries that have never had a losing quarter, Big Oil, Pharmaceuticals and Corporate Farms. We can afford those and of course we must have more tax cuts for the downtrodden abused rich. Hes one of those one minute wonders

In bold, that sizes up Cruz accurately

Part of it is his straight forward no nonsense approach to issues, part due to his maverick persona.

Because he's actually a moderate and not some extremist the liberals in the media have been trying to paint him as. People who have been ignoring his positions and focusing on calling him a Nazi-esque fear-monger have not paid attention to where he stands on the actual issues.

Because he's actually a moderate and not some extremist the liberals in the media have been trying to paint him as. People who have been ignoring his positions and focusing on calling him a Nazi-esque fear-monger have not paid attention to where he stands on the actual issues.

He doesn't stand anywhere on the issues, he has taken every side of pretty much every issue

He doesn't stand anywhere on the issues, he has taken every side of pretty much every issue

It is amazing to me how Trump supporters seem to ignore this fact.

It is amazing to me how Trump supporters seem to ignore this fact.
He doesn't take stands on issues you and other tea partiers, other Conservatives, hold firm: No public bathrooms for transgenders, blindly following Israel, defunding Planned Parenthood, free markets, (keeping religion in government), etc.

There are many types of conservatives, Crovax. Trump has some conservative traits that would make his thinking 'libertarian-like'...another type of conservative, BTW. Just not on your tea partier, Conservative, neocon top list.

Sidenote: And Cruz has co opted some of Trump's stands. For example a few years ago, Cruz voted against the wall.

Last edited:

The northeast has most of the highest cost of living in the country. There are some places as high or maybe higher like california. The northeast has been devestated by outsourcing. Illegal immigrants took construction jobs and many other jobs including the min wage jobs. Illegal immigrants drove down the wages for the jobs that are left.

Lifelong democrats that were not democrats for progressive reasons but for employment reasons have jumped ship. Obama has done nothing tangible for the working class in America and they are well aware of it.
Bill Clinton murdered the middleclass in america when she RAMMED obamacare style NAFTA through the congress. Unions begged him not to do it and he disregarded them. That was the beginning of the end. Obama did the same thing with his trade agreement, unions begged him not to do it and he just shafted them. The working class believes that the republican party if they elected cruz he would finish them off. They DO NOT TRUST HILLARY ONE IOTA. Trump is the only talking about closing the border whether can or cant doesnt matter, hes the only one SAYING IT. Trump talks about putting tariffs on chinese imported plastic crap. Corporate America has enjoyed outsourcing to china idling millions of american workers having chinese build thier crap for pennies on the dollar in wages than imported it back here to their biggest consumer source. know what screw that.

Trump talks to the working class that have had their backs broken in the last 20 yrs, while the republican party bemoaned the plight of the poor abused downtrodden super rich 2% and the democrats focused on special interests instead of the entire country. BOTH parties have screwed and neglected the working class, thats how its viewed and trump is the first candidate that bucked both parties didnt follow their agenda and talking points and was the first to be a "somewhat" of an independent third party kind of candidate.

The question now is, will Trump secure the necessary delegates to won. It is impossible for the other two to win. In any other primary election, they would drop out.

Trump now has to win less than half the remaining delegates to win outright. That's very doable.

The majority of us assumed a few weeks back that Cruz was probably going for a contested convention, "officially" being mathematically eliminated just means his effort is still the same. Prevent Trump from getting to 1237.

The majority of us assumed a few weeks back that Cruz was probably going for a contested convention, "officially" being mathematically eliminated just means his effort is still the same. Prevent Trump from getting to 1237.
You are saying he would rather prevent Trump than Hillary?

Trump has locked down a win. I'm calling it.

You are saying he would rather prevent Trump than Hillary?

I think that Cruz would be that self-serving, absolutely.

Because he's running against Cruz. And as I said Cruz is waaaay too far to the right for the Moderate Voters in the NE, including Moderate Republicans.

And I really doubt many people anywhere in the US know much about Kasich. So compared to Cruz, Trump is the lesser of 2 evils. Believe me, Trump is NOT well liked in NY or NJ. In the general election he will not win either. I doubt he'll win any of the New England States.

But against Cruz in the primaries, Trump was the only choice.

Trump has locked down a win. I'm calling it.

He might, after yesterday's results he is close. Trump stands at 950, he is 287 shy of the needed 1237, and there are 622 still available.

Trump might avoid a contested convention after all. That would sure upset all the right people.

Not actually on official site, I posted it because of the chart, if its accurate cruz needs 627 delegates and theres only 622 available. Even after the ones that were just "given" to him

As we predicted on April 2[SUP]nd[/SUP]…. As of today, April 26, 2016, Ted Cruz is mathematically eliminated from winning the Republican nomination outright.
On April 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] we predicted that Donald Trump would have 953 delegates as of today (needing only 284 delegates for the nomination) and that Cruz would have 550 delegates as of today (needing 687 to win the nomination).
We also predicted that only 634 delegates would remain and therefore Cruz would need more delegates than would be available.
Ted Cruz is eliminated.
It is clear that Cruz was eliminated tonight.
It is not clear yet on how devastating the final numbers will be for Ted Cruz.

After winning all five primaries tonight — Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania — Donald Trump has 950 delegates so far.
Ted Cruz finished third in Connecticut, Maryland, Delaware and Rhode Island.
There are fewer delegates remaining than we originally projected because the delegates in Wyoming, Colorado and North Dakota were allocated in shady voter-less elections after April 2[SUP]nd[/SUP].
After tonight’s primaries Cruz has — 560 delegates after winning one delegate Tuesday.
Cruz needs 677 delegates to reach 1,237 delegates.
There are only 622 available.
It’s over.

IT'S OFFICIAL=> Ted Cruz Is Mathematically ELIMINATED from GOP Race - With Chart

Wrong, the Super Delegates are not taken into account and the Repubs can have a contested convention if the race is close enough. I know the Dems are eagerly awaiting the news that Trump will be the candidate and he probably will be but don't jump the gun just yet.

Back
Top Bottom