• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Issues important to voters right now and which party will best address them

54-FEA681-FCF5-4322-881-A-049-CB3043-EE1.png

21-FBDF23-1-A1-E-4660-A1-F6-97-AFAD8-E19-AD.png

https://www.langerresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/1226a1MidtermPolitics.pdf

A brand new article closely related to the topic of this thread. This one is about an ABC/WaPo poll and many of the issues of importance are covered in this quite inclusive review of how voters are feeling about many of the top topics. Those who like to closely follow the upcoming election and the issues of importance, I think will find this new article quite interesting.

"On issues, the survey finds broad opposition to the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling eliminating a constitutional right to abortion and a big Democratic advantage in trust to handle the issue. But there's no sign it's impacting propensity to vote in comparison with other issues: four rank higher in importance and two of them -- the economy, overall, and inflation, specifically -- work strongly in the GOP's favor."

We can't forget the "Trump Effect" in the midterms, though. Or as it's called of late, the "MAGA Effect".

I believe it is real & palpable, and national candidates will suffer to some point for it.

We can't forget the "Trump Effect" in the midterms, though. Or as it's called of late, the "MAGA Effect".

I believe it is real & palpable, and national candidates will suffer to some point for it.
Agree, and the biggest impact is likely to felt at State level, both State governments and Senate races.

Agree, and the biggest impact is likely to felt at State level, both State governments and Senate races.

PA Senate race might be a prime example.

We can't forget the "Trump Effect" though. Or as it's called of late, the "MAGA Effect".

I believe it is real & palpable, and those national candidates will suffer to some point for it.

All you are pointing to is the power of propaganda.

I don't know how many times I've used this point in this Forum over the years, but here I go again:

1. If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself.

2. A lie told once is just a lie, but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth.

3. This is the secret of propaganda: Those who are to be persuaded by it should be completely immersed in the ideas of propaganda, without ever noticing that they are being immersed in it.

4. The rank and file are usually much more primitive than we imagine. Propaganda must therefore be essentially simple and repetitious.

5. It would not be impossible to prove with sufficient repetition and a clear understanding of the people concerned that a square is in fact a circle. They are mere words, and words can be molded until they clothe ideas and disguise.

6. The most brilliant propaganda technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principal is borne in mind constantlyit must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.

All the above: Joseph Goebbels. Hitler's Minister of Propaganda and final Chancellor (for one day before committing suicide) of Nazi Germany.

A significant number of citizens have been so inundated with progressive propaganda in the News and Social Media that they have come to believe anyone who supports Trump in any way whatsoever is not only deluded, but in the case of the new "demonic other" i.e. "MAGAt's," represents ultimate evil.

In other words, Trump is the Anti-Christ, and his "followers" (i.e. anyone who agrees with him in the slightest) are the equivalent of witches, warlocks, and devil worshippers.

This is a powerful message to many, designed to create a viscerally emotional response. Thereby allowing reason to fly out the window and the witch-hunts/ cleansing pogroms to begin.

PA Senate race might be a prime example.
I'm also finding NC, GA and OH very interesting. The races should not be this close in these GOP States. Not saying NC or OH will flip or GA hold but they are very tight. Same with a few Governor's races

I don't know how many times I've used this point in this Forum over the years, but here I go again:

1. If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself.

2. A lie told once is just a lie, but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth.

3. This is the secret of propaganda: Those who are to be persuaded by it should be completely immersed in the ideas of propaganda, without ever noticing that they are being immersed in it.

4. The rank and file are usually much more primitive than we imagine. Propaganda must therefore be essentially simple and repetitious.

5. It would not be impossible to prove with sufficient repetition and a clear understanding of the people concerned that a square is in fact a circle. They are mere words, and words can be molded until they clothe ideas and disguise.

6. The most brilliant propaganda technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principal is borne in mind constantlyit must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.

All the above: Joseph Goebbels. Hitler's Minister of Propaganda and final Chancellor (for one day before committing suicide) of Nazi Germany.

A significant number of citizens have been so inundated with progressive propaganda in the News and Social Media that they have come to believe anyone who supports Trump in any way whatsoever is not only deluded, but in the case of the new "demonic other" i.e. "MAGAt's," represents ultimate evil.

In other words, Trump is the Anti-Christ, and his "followers" (i.e. anyone who agrees with him in the slightest) are the equivalent of witches, warlocks, and devil worshippers.

This is a powerful message to many, designed to create a viscerally emotional response. Thereby allowing reason to fly out the window and the witch-hunts/ cleansing pogroms to begin.

I've seen the poll numbers for the MAGA candidates, Captain Adverse. We shall see.

Well, if you right, there are certainly a LOT of those random people this year. When it comes to the economy, the border, and crime - those "random"
people who think the GOP will do better are making a big difference and gap (a historical gap) in which party is felt to be the one which will do a better job on those issues as we approach this election!
Many think the lies are exacerbating this problem and disparity. For example, Biden and his "inch" comment about inflation and Harris and her "secure" comment about the border. Hardly anyone is buying those garbage lies and they are creating a huge credibility and honesty problem for the Dems. Those narratives/lies are, IMO, hurting the Dems on these issues nearly as much as the very problematic issues themselves are harmful.
We have already proven that there are 70,000,000 people for whom evidence doesn't matter.

Karl Rove is more bogus than a three dollar bill. Rove is trying to put off a bogus image for all the Fake Republican candidates. That list is for only political rhetoric. If anyone is paying attention the Fake GOP Boys and Girls vote only party line and have been doing so since Reagan/Bush. Fake Republicans are not allowed to vote anyway other than party line.

Their campaign rhetoric is meaningless don't let the worshippers dupe you.

Karl Rove, Newt Gingrich, Rudy, Mark Meadows, De Santis, Rump, Kevin M. are all alike if they were not no way could they be spokes people for ALEC and MAGA.

I've seen the poll numbers for the MAGA candidates, Captain Adverse. We shall see.

Non sequitur.

At best (if the poll numbers are negative) you've simply proved my point. One exacerbated by Democrat funding of such candidates over more moderate Republicans with the purpose of ensuring a Democrat win.

At worst (if the poll numbers remain positive) election of a candidate committed to secure borders, energy independence, lower taxes, lower federal spending, getting rid of "equity, diversity, inclusion" and going back to "equal opportunity and most qualified for the job regardless of race/sex/sexuality." :coffee:

Non sequitur.

At best (if the poll numbers are negative) you've simply proved my point.

I would argue you haven't proved causality.

One exacerbated by Democrat funding of such candidates over more moderate Republicans with the purpose to ensure a Democrat win.

That's why I'm against Citizens United, to be honest.

But you miss that many of us are simply sick & tired of what we see with Trump & his MAGA movement.

At worst (if the poll numbers remain positive) election of a candidate committed to secure borders, energy independence, lower taxes, lower federal spending, getting rid of "equity, diversity, inclusion" and going back to "equal opportunity and most qualified for the job regardless of race/sex/sexuality."

I think you're making bogey-men out of these, at least to matters of degree.

The border/illegal immigration problem indeed is a valid complaint. But as to energy, we're a net exporter. As to inclusion, well it's free-market affect so I don't think government should get involved. And I'm not as concerned with spending, as I am with adequate taxation - particular loopholes for wealthy & corporations.

I would argue you haven't proved causality.

I have (IMO to anyone with an open mind) by the fact the Left still controls 90% of the various forms of Media (news and social) and the propaganda battle is heavily in their favor.

That's why I'm against Citizens United, to be honest.

I'm with you on this point. (y)

But you miss that many of us are simply sick & tired of what we see with Trump & his MAGA movement.

That's where you are wrong. I understand completely that there are individuals like yourself who have valid differences with Trump and his goals. Who would like to see the USA go in a different direction.

However, my review of so many pieces of video, and other evidence show me that it is the non-stop propaganda efforts that have convinced many Americans that Trump is literally "Evil."

This is evidenced on a daily basis in this very Forum, with the vast majority of responses from the "Anti" voices simply variations of both emotional appeals and personal attacks, but very little in the way of facts. Just a lot of "Moral panic."

I think you're making bogey-men out of these, at least to matters of degree.

I don't understand the use of the term "bogey-men."

When I refer to the current push for "equity, diversity, and inclusion," what I see are variations on themes in stories like "Harrison Bergeron," "Animal Farm," and "Brave New World."

Not quite "1984" yet though. ;)

I've seen the realities and experienced the changes over the last 30+ years.
The border/illegal immigration problem indeed is a valid complaint. But as to energy, we're a net exporter. As to inclusion, well it's free-market affect so I don't think government should get involved. And I'm not as concerned with spending, as I am with adequate taxation - particular loopholes for wealthy & corporations.

How can we be a net "exporter" if we have so little at the pump we are still paying $2.00 more than a year ago? As for the "Free Market," did you miss Newsom's California and the "No gas car sales" bill? Among many other efforts to "go green?"

No my friend, I am well aware of what has been transpiring in the "real world." Don't tell me to ignore what I can see and experience in real time.

I have (IMO to anyone with an open mind) by the fact the Left still controls 90% of the various forms of Media (news and social) and the propaganda battle is heavily in their favor.

Still no proof of causality. Still disavowing what I see on the ground.

I'm with you on this point. (y)

Thanks!

That's where you are wrong. I understand completely that there are individuals like yourself who have valid differences with Trump and his goals. Who would like to see the USA go in a different direction.

However, my review of so many pieces of video, and other evidence show me that it is the non-stop propaganda efforts that have convinced many Americans that Trump is literally "Evil."

This is evidenced on a daily basis in this very Forum, with the vast majority of responses from the "Anti" voices simply variations of both emotional appeals and personal attacks, but very little in the way of facts. Just a lot of "Moral panic."

Thanks for recognizing I do indeed have organic intrinsic differences with Trump.

But you're leaning on the premise media is leading the populace, rather than realizing the populace is leading itself as well, and that is reflected in the media.

But if you believe mainstream media is leading here, I could admonish Trump media is doing that in spades.

I don't understand the use of the term "bogey-men."

I believe you are seeing or portraying dangers or fears that are beyond what they otherwise may be.

When I refer to the current push for "equity, diversity, and inclusion," what I see are variations on themes in stories like "Harrison Bergeron," "Animal Farm," and "Brave New World."

Not quite "1984" yet though. ;)

I see it too. But I don't fear it or react to it too the point you seem to be.

I've seen the realities and experienced the changes over the last 30+ years.

Yeah, me too. Some good, some not so good, but mostly good once I come to accept them and give it some time.

How can we be a net "exporter" if we have so little at the pump we are still paying $2.00 more than a year ago?

CF:

The United States was a total petroleum net exporter in 2020 and 2021
In 2021, the United States exported about 8.63 million barrels per day (b/d) and imported about 8.47 million b/d of petroleum,1 making the United States an annual total petroleum net exporter for the second year in a row since at least 1949.

As for the "Free Market," did you miss Newsom's California and the "No gas car sales" bill? Among many other efforts to "go green?"

Sorry. I was referring to "inclusion", there. I should have used the term "free association", not free market.

No my friend, I am well aware of what has been transpiring in the "real world." Don't tell me to ignore what I can see and experience in real time.

I simply think you're over-reacting, or making these bigger issues than they are. However, I suppose we might be able to chalk that up to our perceiving them quite differently. I suspect you might believe I'm over-reacting to the dangers of Trump. And then of course, I would disagree.

Anyway, thanks for the discussion.

Issues are what politicians use to attract voters, what would they have to campaign with if they were to solve them?
There will realistically always be issues and if there aren't, then they'll make them up. Their goal is to divide and conquer by polarizing the public with impractical, emotional ideology.

Unfortunately, that results in congressional re-election rates of over 90% - thus don’t expect it to change. What you call a “shell game”, ‘our’ congress critters call ‘fighting for change’ while actually doing very little of it.
They won't admit to any philosophical errors and try to really change anything until it's too late and the whole world is on fire from their greed.

It is simply mind boggling that die hard Trump supporters can cite things like this for the proposition it is the other side using the tactics of perpetual affirmation of lies. Seriously, are you folks that detached from reality?

It is simply mind boggling that die hard Trump supporters can cite things like this for the proposition it is the other side using the tactics of perpetual affirmation of lies. Seriously, are you folks that detached from reality?
It is staggering isn't it. I posted earlier about the laughable contention that DEM's are importing Migrants to replace Republican voters pointing out the absurdity of that contention since:
a) Migrants can't vote in National and State elections
b) Migrants that do get through green card status to citizenship are not reliable voters for either party.

But I had forgeten IDIOT Donnie claiming that he lost the popular vote in 2016 because "millions of migrants voted for Hillary illegally."

And they still treat the piss that comes out of that man's mouth like its spun gold!

Back
Top Bottom