• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Issa: Lew Obstructing IRS Investigation

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
2 Aug 2013

On Friday, House Oversight Committee chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) blasted Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, accusing him of obstructing the House’s investigation into the IRS’ discrimination against conservative non-profits in applications before and during the 2012 election cycle. Lew, said Issa, had “attempted to thwart” the investigation. “Over two months since the committee first requested documents, the IRS has produced only a small fraction of responsive documents,” Issa said. According to Issa, the Oversight Committee asked for 81 search terms, but the IRS unilaterally cut that number to 12.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Issa: Lew Obstructing IRS Investigation

Obviously when documents requested through subpoena are delivered and mainly blacked out and redacted, someone must believe that there is obstruction.

Issa is a liar and all around horses ass. The IRS is a phony scandal, no matter how hard the Republicans try to connect this to Obama, they fail miserably. Ain't nothing there folks.

Issa is a liar and all around horses ass. The IRS is a phony scandal, no matter how hard the Republicans try to connect this to Obama, they fail miserably. Ain't nothing there folks.

Obviously you were blind to the pages of completely blacked out information.

Obviously, the blacked out information is classified.

What is he lying about? You are simply repeating the same drek you were the day the news about the IRS targeting broke. You just keep up the same mantra, even though you did admit (wanna see the link?) at about the three week mark that this IRS situation was a problem and should be investigated. Only owing to your magic crystal ball you knew on day one, Obama had nothing to do with it. Now it is back to your initial knee jerk BS. The usual inconsistency you hope nobody notices. Now since the POTUS uttered his idiotic "phony scandal" spin, you are parroting that despite your own comments before. One can see why you could not actually address the topic of the thread in order to contradict yourself and JUMP right back to your initial partisan denial. :screwy
Because what? Nothing is there? This should be good, do share with us your considered wisdom here Moot. Like Pete you too are just repeating the same mantra you were the day the story broke. Ah blind partisan fervor and bias~!:lamo

Because what? Nothing is there? This should be good, do share with us your considered wisdom here Moot. Like Pete you too are just repeating the same mantra you were the day the story broke. Ah blind partisan fervor and bias~!:lamo

You're no different than the blind partisans you rant against, gie.

What is he lying about? You are simply repeating the same drek you were the day the news about the IRS targeting broke. You just keep up the same mantra, even though you did admit (wanna see the link?) at about the three week mark that this IRS situation was a problem and should be investigated. Only owing to your magic crystal ball you knew on day one, Obama had nothing to do with it. Now it is back to your initial knee jerk BS. The usual inconsistency you hope nobody notices. Now since the POTUS uttered his idiotic "phony scandal" spin, you are parroting that despite your own comments before. One can see why you could not actually address the topic of the thread in order to contradict yourself and JUMP right back to your initial partisan denial. :screwy

That was awhile ago and back then we thought only conservative groups were targeted, but now we know progressive groups were targeted as well. It's been at least two months and there is no credible evidence that the White House was involved. Yes, I agree with President Obama, this is a phony scandal. Oh yes, you don't think Issa isn't a liar:

ISSA: The whole transcript will be put out. We understand -- these are in real time. And the administration is still -- they're [sic] paid liar, their spokesperson, picture behind, he's still making up things about what happens in calling this local rogue. There's no indication -- the reason the Lois Lerner tried to take the fifth is not because there is a rogue in Cincinnati, it's because this is a problem that was coordinated in all likelihood right out of Washington headquarters and we're getting to proving it.

[...]

ISSA: My gut tells me that too many people knew that this wrongdoing was going on before the election. And at least by some sort of convenient benign neglect, allowed it to go on through the election, allowed these groups, these conservative groups, these, if you will, not friends of the president, to be disenfranchised through an election.

Now, I'm not making any allegations as to motive, that they set out to do it. But certainly people knew it was happening that could have done something and would have done something, I'm sure, if these had been progressive groups or groups that supported the president. That's what I think we know. [CNN.com, 6/2/13]

You're no different than the blind partisans you rant against, gie.
Trust you not to have a clue what you just said about, well pbrauer to start with. :mrgreen:

That was awhile ago and back then we thought only conservative groups were targeted, but now we know progressive groups were targeted as well. It's been at least two months and there is no credible evidence that the White House was involved. Yes, I agree with President Obama, this is a phony scandal. Oh yes, you don't think Issa isn't a liar:

ISSA: The whole transcript will be put out. We understand -- these are in real time. And the administration is still -- they're [sic] paid liar, their spokesperson, picture behind, he's still making up things about what happens in calling this local rogue. There's no indication -- the reason the Lois Lerner tried to take the fifth is not because there is a rogue in Cincinnati, it's because this is a problem that was coordinated in all likelihood right out of Washington headquarters and we're getting to proving it.

[...]

ISSA: My gut tells me that too many people knew that this wrongdoing was going on before the election. And at least by some sort of convenient benign neglect, allowed it to go on through the election, allowed these groups, these conservative groups, these, if you will, not friends of the president, to be disenfranchised through an election.

Now, I'm not making any allegations as to motive, that they set out to do it. But certainly people knew it was happening that could have done something and would have done something, I'm sure, if these had been progressive groups or groups that supported the president. That's what I think we know. [CNN.com, 6/2/13]

Lets try it again Pete, what is he lying about? Try harder this time. I know ahead of time you can't do it, but try. Instead of like you with do MMA all the time, don't just dissemble and post brain farts. Think and actually try to post an intelligent reply that illustrates where Issa is lying here. Maybe also try to provide a link or source, aside from the usual rapidly dishonest partisan hack material from MMA. Really, try. :shock:

Last edited:
He is obstructing the investigation because he has not made up a smoking gun and given it to issa to confirm his lies. Someone should tell Issa that obstruction is not providing evidence that your investigation is full of crap.

Trust you not to have a clue what you just said about, well pbrauer to start with. :mrgreen:
I only have your posts to go by and from that anyone can see what I said is true...except for you of course.

I only have your posts to go by and from that anyone can see what I said is true...except for you of course.
You are babbling about what? Ad hom whines? Yeah that is obvious and par for the course with you so lets see these post! Are they anything like this idiocy you just could not bring yourself to wrap your brain around Moot? Because seriously you don't seem to have a lick of self awareness. Here you just kept spouting proven BS despite all the links that proved how out of touch with reality you were. Owing to your Fox News obsession. Well until you realized you were spouting utter BS and ran away. But hey, I've got every single interaction I've ever had with you and they all went that way. Utter BS right before you ran away.:shrug:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaking-news-mainstream-media/145316-chrysler-workers-canned-drinking-job-reinstated-8.html#post1061232638:2wave:

Last edited:
Obama Treasury Secretary Dodges Questions on IRS Targeting Scandal​

Guy Benson
Jul 29, 2013

Nothing to see here, folks. It's nothing more than an Obama cabinet secretary repeatedly declining to describe the role William Wilkins -- one of the president's two political appointees at the IRS -- played in the agency's targeting of conservative groups between 2010 and 2012. Fox News Sunday's Chris Wallace phrased and re-phrased the question, but Jack Lew wasn't about to detour from his scripted talking points:

[Excerpt]

Read more:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...s-questions-on-irs-targeting-scandal-n1651047

Of course those loyal to Obama will say anything and do anything to protect Barack Hussein Obama II.

Issa accuses IRS of obstruction, warns of consequences​

By Alan Silverleib, CNN Congressional Producer
July 30, 2013

Washington (CNN) -- The Republican congressman spearheading a House probe of alleged Internal Revenue Service targeting of conservative political groups accused the head of the IRS on Tuesday of obstructing his panel's investigation.

California GOP Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, warned acting IRS chief Daniel Werfel that if "the IRS continues to hinder the committee's investigation in any manner, the committee will be forced to consider use of compulsory process."

Issa did not elaborate on exactly what steps his panel's Republican majority may be prepared to take, though he noted that impeding congressional investigators could result in a prison term of up to five years.

"Obstructing a congressional investigation is a crime," Issa stressed in a letter co-signed by Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio.

"Despite your promise to cooperate fully with congressional investigations, the actions of the IRS under your leadership have made clear to the committee that the agency has no intention of complying completely or promptly with the committee's oversight efforts," Issa said.

"The systematic manner in which the IRS has attempted to delay, frustrate, impede, and obstruct the committee's investigation raises serious concerns about your commitment to full and unfettered congressional oversight," Issa wrote.

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Issa accuses IRS of obstruction, warns of consequences - CNN.com

But of course we should all move on because all there is to see is blacked out pages supposedly considered national security when what they really are doing is obstructing justice and covering Obama's involvement.

Lets try it again Pete, what is he lying about? Try harder this time. I know ahead of time you can't do it, but try. Instead of like you with do MMA all the time, don't just dissemble and post brain farts. Think and actually try to post an intelligent reply that illustrates where Issa is lying here. Maybe also try to provide a link or source, aside from the usual rapidly dishonest partisan hack material from MMA. Really, try. :shock:

On Sunday June 2, 2013 Rep. Darrell Issa appeared on CNN's State of the Union with Candy Crowley. On the show he lied and accused Obama of being responsible for the targeting of the Tea Party. I am sorry but I don't consider anything he says on this subject to be credible. The link I provided was from a transcript of that show, not from Media Matters, if you had bothered to click on the link you would have not looked like a fool and claim it was. If you click on the link you will be able to see everything that was said not just what I quoted, I will not lie to you, the research was done by the fine people at Media Matters, they always do excellent work by providing links, audio, video and transcripts to make their point.

After all this time, there has not been a shred of credible evidence that ties this so-called scandal with President Obama.

Here is a video of the interview:

On Sunday June 2, 2013 Rep. Darrell Issa appeared on CNN's State of the Union with Candy Crowley. On the show he lied and accused Obama of being responsible for the targeting of the Tea Party. I am sorry but I don't consider anything he says on this subject to be credible. The link I provided was from a transcript of that show, not from Media Matters, if you had bothered to click on the link you would have not looked like a fool and claim it was. If you click on the link you will be able to see everything that was said not just what I quoted, I will not lie to you, the research was done by the fine people at Media Matters, they always do excellent work by providing links, audio, video and transcripts to make their point.

After all this time, there has not been a shred of credible evidence that ties this so-called scandal with President Obama.

Here is a video of the interview:

Sorry but another of your idiotic videos that does not address this topic, much less where and what he is supposed to be lying about in the OP? Not proof of any lying and if it is his opinion that Obama does know about it, something that may prove to be true, does not make him a lair. And since even a moron knows you have no idea what evidence there is, nada, not a whit, ya now maybe you should also stop lying. I mean, you count yourself as a lair and a blow hard too right? I mean you lie pathologically here at DP and several dozen other forums as a matter of routine and have since I first became aware of you in 2009. So pot mettle kettle. :2wave:

Last edited:
Sorry but another of your idiotic videos that does not address this topic, much less where and what he is supposed to be lying about in the OP? Not proof of any lying and if it is his opinion that Obama does know about it, something that may prove to be true, does not make him a lair. And since even a moron knows you have no idea what evidence there is, nada, not a whit, ya now maybe you should also stop lying. I mean, you count yourself as a lair and a blow hard too right? I mean you lie pathologically here at DP and several dozen other forums as a matter of routine and have since I first became aware of you in 2009. So pot mettle kettle. :2wave:

Sorry Gie, I've not been a member of more 3 forums counting DP, so factually you are incorrect. Besides, what a poster does outside of DP is off limits.

Sorry Gie, I've not been a member of more 3 forums counting DP, so factually you are incorrect. Besides, what a poster does outside of DP is off limits.
Well actually that is patently false, but what else do I expect from you but lies? Well do share when you can finally demonstrate how Issa is lying here. While you are at it, can you also share your source for what evidence there is and is not in the investigations into this matter.:mrgreen:

All repiglicons have been salivating over the prospect of a Democratic Watergate since ...well, since Watergate.
Yet another made up, trumped up, "scandal" against a Democratic president has slipped inconsequentially into the past without so much as a tic in negative approval ratings.

It's a phony scandal.
Everyone knows that.
Dragging it out again and again only demonstrates your pathetic desperation.

Well actually that is patently false, but what else do I expect from you but lies? Well do share when you can finally demonstrate how Issa is lying here. While you are at it, can you also share your source for what evidence there is and is not in the investigations into this matter.:mrgreen:
No, it's not false. My moniker is made up from a first initial and a surname (not mine BTW) so there are probably many pbrauer's out there. To assume they are all the same person is really stupid.

Rep. Issa lied when he said the Obama administration was involved with the targeting conservative groups, so in my opinion, he lying. That's how it works.

No, it's not false. My moniker is made up from a first initial and a surname (not mine BTW) so there are probably many pbrauer's out there. To assume they are all the same person is really stupid.
I'd say that using the same actual picture of myself everywhere is pretty stupid too. Takes the "assuming" right out of the equation. But you go right on with your bad self insisting otherwise. ;)

Rep. Issa lied when he said the Obama administration was involved with the targeting conservative groups, so in my opinion, he lying. That's how it works.
Problem is that all you have is an unfounded opinion/hopeful desire and yours are generally worth spit and unsupported. As a review of this topic at DP reveals (which will come as a surprise to nobody) you started out on day one claiming that the story was not real, Obama is not involved and here we are months later and your "opinion" remains as un-evolved as your opinion has been on the major source of your constant idiotic videos, MMA. Since you don't have a clue what evidence there is, it all comes back to rabid partisan fervor. You don't grasp that you provide constant examples that help with understanding the crypto-religous mentality of the left. :shock:

Since this is a debate site, your opinion which is biased and constantly at odds with reality and the facts available to the public, means nothing. So do get back to me when you can actually address the topic instead of trolling it and you actually have something of substance to validate your so called "opinion". :roll:

Sorry I couldn't respond to that until I put on my barn boots. It's only classified because it exposes the Left Wing Conspiracy.

He is obstructing the investigation because he has not made up a smoking gun and given it to issa to confirm his lies. Someone should tell Issa that obstruction is not providing evidence that your investigation is full of crap.

Haven't you heard? It's against the law to obstruct or commit perjury during a Congressional investigative committee.

Sorry I couldn't respond to that until I put on my barn boots. It's only classified because it exposes the Left Wing Conspiracy.

Then I have to put on waders to respond that. You don't know what the classified information says, period.

Then I have to put on waders to respond that. You don't know what the classified information says, period.

So you accept the evasive and obstructive answers given by Jack Lew on a TV interview, just as Susan Rice told us that the attack in Benghazi was because of an obscure video no one ever saw or heard of?

He's desperate, having been caught colluding with Russell to give Congress a false report. He's trying to divert attention to a possible obstruction of justice case brought against him and his operative.

Back
Top Bottom