• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israeli police clear themselves in assault on Palestinian boy

Military occupation is not theft. Conquest makes right.

EMNofS:

Not since 1948 when the State of Israel signed the UN Charter and the Geneva Conventions, making illegal the acquisition, settlement and annexation of territory by aggressive war illegal.

Sorry. Be well.
Evilroddy.

EMNofS:

The Early Hebrews slaughtered Emonites, Moabites, Amalekites and many Canaanites and then married into and absorbed the surviving Canaanite population to make a kingdom(s) which lasted about 300 years before the Sargonid Neo-Assyrians and later the Noe-Babylonians conquered and dispersed the Israelites. Some later returned to their homeland but with a few brief exceptions were subjects of Persian, Greek, Seleucid, Parhian, Roman, Arab, Turkish and British Empires. Then European and some North African Jews joined about 33,000 indigenous Sephardic Jews and expanded their power by violence and terrorism. When the British Empire bugged out of the Mandate of Palestine, the Jewish militias, which were much better organised and armed than the Arab militias drove Arab Palestinians out of their villages expanding the Jewish footprint in Palestine in 1947. Then when Israel declared independence in May of 1948, five Arab states attacked the State of Israel and the Isaelis beat four of the five Arab armies handily, using the victory as a pretext to seize even more land from the Palestinians. Then Israel invaded Egypt (The UAR) in a surprise attack which they had arranged with the French Government and with tacit British approval in 1956. The Suez attack went well but the State of Israel was told to get out of Egypt/UAR by the USA. However before they left they set up the diplomatic pretext for the next war of aggression which they would wage in 1967. Then they launched that new war of aggression in June of 1967 and captured and held onto Gaza, East Jerusalem and the West Bank from Egypt and Jordan and the Golan Heights from Syria as well as a tiny piece of land from Lebanon.

That's how they got the land, a land which Hebrews/IsraelitesJews/Israelis have controlled for only about 500 out of the last 4000 years. At no time, to the best of my knowledge, did Augusto Pinochet play any significant role in these events so that might be a big bummer for some posters.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.
Well, Israel was the worlds arms launderer for most of the Cold War. So Pinochet did participate in the sense that he was able to purchase weapons from Israel to circumvent western arm sanctions. How much hard cash this brought into Israel and how influential it was in global politics I cannot know. Cheers

You claim camps do not exist in the occupied territories. The United Nations disagrees with you.

Be honest Jean-s, the United Nations disagrees with you

You put your own interpretation at the top and then quoted from the UN at the bottom of the same paragraph thus making it appear that the whole paragraph was from the UN link when it wasn't. Correct ?

I have never heard the UNRWA refer to any Palestinian camps as " concentration camps ." If you think they have, then you can quote them doing so and put it here, and that will be news to me. If you can't then they disagree with you only.

I have never claimed " camps do not exist " either in the OPTs or elsewhere and to try to make out that I have is also dishonest. In my last post before this, I refer to refugee camps, so obviously I recognize they exist both in the OPTs and in neighbouring states. I just don't refer to them as concentration camps and neither does the UNRWA as far as I know.

So, it looks like you are happy to misrepresent both the UNRWA and myself because we don't agree with your preferred description.

Be honest Jean-s, the United Nations disagrees with you

You put your own interpretation at the top and then quoted from the UN at the bottom of the same paragraph thus making it appear that the whole paragraph was from the UN link when it wasn't. Correct ?

I have never heard the UNRWA refer to any Palestinian camps as " concentration camps ." If you think they have, then you can quote them doing so and put it here, and that will be news to me. If you can't then they disagree with you only.

I have never claimed " camps do not exist " either in the OPTs or elsewhere and to try to make out that I have is also dishonest. In my last post before this, I refer to refugee camps, so obviously I recognize they exist both in the OPTs and in neighbouring states. I just don't refer to them as concentration camps and neither does the UNRWA as far as I know.

So, it looks like you are happy to misrepresent both the UNRWA and myself because we don't agree with your preferred description.
You wrote in post #16, " The only tern (sic) you referred to that I think was inaccurate was the one referring to camps." You are mistaken to deny the existence of camps.

You wrote in post #16, " The only tern (sic) you referred to that I think was inaccurate was the one referring to camps." You are mistaken to deny the existence of camps.

I understand English probably isn't your first language, so will make the exception for your misunderstanding.

The reference to " camps" in that line was regarding your use of the term concentration camps, that's not a denial of any camps, that's a rejection of your describing them as concentration camps. I notice you never cited my post 21 which elaborated on the topic of camps and acknowledged the existence of Palestinian refugee camps. I'll quote it seeing as you chose not to, for obvious reasons

" A refugee camp is different from a concentration camp, is different to a ghetto, which is what I think Gaza constitutes, imo. "

I also understand that honesty isn't a high priority for your postings , either in the above or below..

You needed to show where the UNRWA refer to the Palestinian refugee camps as " concentration camps ". I say they haven't and you were forced into hobbling together a strange paragraph that inferred that they do.

You claim that UNWRA " disagree with you" ( meaning me ) with regards to my description of any Palestinian camps being " refugee camps ", as opposed to your description of them being " concentration camps "

Are you going to address this any time soon ?

And by the way, I see you have no issue dropping the subject of this thread in order to continue your petty feud with me. I won't be so callous as to charge you with disrespecting the dead for doing so, I will just highlight the obvious hypocrisy of your positions.

So , UNRWA, do they refer to the Palestinian refugee camps as " concentration camps " ? I say they don't an it is yourself that is the odd man out here.

I understand English probably isn't your first language, so will make the exception for your misunderstanding.

The reference to " camps" in that line was regarding your use of the term concentration camps, that's not a denial of any camps, that's a rejection of your describing them as concentration camps. I notice you never cited my post 21 which elaborated on the topic of camps and acknowledged the existence of Palestinian refugee camps. I'll quote it seeing as you chose not to, for obvious reasons

" A refugee camp is different from a concentration camp, is different to a ghetto, which is what I think Gaza constitutes, imo. "

I also understand that honesty isn't a high priority for your postings , either in the above or below..

You needed to show where the UNRWA refer to the Palestinian refugee camps as " concentration camps ". I say they haven't and you were forced into hobbling together a strange paragraph that inferred that they do.

You claim that UNWRA " disagree with you" ( meaning me ) with regards to my description of any Palestinian camps being " refugee camps ", as opposed to your description of them being " concentration camps "

Are you going to address this any time soon ?

And by the way, I see you have no issue dropping the subject of this thread in order to continue your petty feud with me. I won't be so callous as to charge you with disrespecting the dead for doing so, I will just highlight the obvious hypocrisy of your positions.

So , UNRWA, do they refer to the Palestinian refugee camps as " concentration camps " ? I say they don't an it is yourself that is the odd man out here.
I realize English is your first language and you should have no problem understanding that a refugee camp where Palestinian refugees are concentrated is a concentration camp. I think you might have confused a concentration camp with some other type of camp, perhaps the Nazi death camps which were altogether different. Initially, you had a problem only with the word camp then you broadened it to mean concentration camp. I do not know what is your problem.

I realize English is your first language and you should have no problem understanding that a refugee camp where Palestinian refugees are concentrated is a concentration camp.

No it's called a refugee camp because people are not detained/imprisoned in it. A concentration camp describes a confinement to that camp and often entails people from different areas being brought to that camp for the reason of being confined in it. That's why the UNRWA NEVER describe the refugee camps as "concentration camps" like you tried to make out they did.

I think you might have confused a concentration camp with some other type of camp, perhaps the Nazi death camps which were altogether different. Initially, you had a problem only with the word camp then you broadened it to mean concentration camp. I do not know what is your problem.

Nope, you have confused a refugee camp with a concentration camp and have , ridiculously , decided to

A Create a new definition for a concentration camps by saying if people in a refugee camp are concentrated there it becomes a concentration camp, err , no , they remain refugee camps.

and

B Make out that the UNRWA themselves refer to them as concentration camps, they don't and that's why you have dropped it from the discussion despite being asked to cite them saying such.

My problem is that you have dishonestly represented what I have said, ignored further elaborations even before you decided to charge me with disrespecting the death of this child, misrepresented what the UNRWA link said and decided to have this very public spat carry on without ever thinking that you yourself have now disrespected the subject matter of this thread to initiate a petty feud because I didn't agree with one thing you said , ignoring everything I did say in defence of your positions.

If you don't understand why a person would have a problem with the above, and if I am being honest this has been going on a while with you constantly picking off people for petty things they have said or showing a difference of opinion, then you might need to engage in a little introspection of your own.

I'm done with this because it has nothing to do with the OP and I don't intend to keep spelling it out to you. Feel free to have the last word on this , just don't think I will ignore any more petty/petulent admonishments from you without a come back going forward .

No it's called a refugee camp because people are not detained/imprisoned in it. A concentration camp describes a confinement to that camp and often entails people from different areas being brought to that camp for the reason of being confined in it. That's why the UNRWA NEVER describe the refugee camps as "concentration camps" like you tried to make out they did.

Nope, you have confused a refugee camp with a concentration camp and have , ridiculously , decided to

A Create a new definition for a concentration camps by saying if people in a refugee camp are concentrated there it becomes a concentration camp, err , no , they remain refugee camps.

and

B Make out that the UNRWA themselves refer to them as concentration camps, they don't and that's why you have dropped it from the discussion despite being asked to cite them saying such.

My problem is that you have dishonestly represented what I have said, ignored further elaborations even before you decided to charge me with disrespecting the death of this child, misrepresented what the UNRWA link said and decided to have this very public spat carry on without ever thinking that you yourself have now disrespected the subject matter of this thread to initiate a petty feud because I didn't agree with one thing you said , ignoring everything I did say in defence of your positions.

If you don't understand why a person would have a problem with the above, and if I am being honest this has been going on a while with you constantly picking off people for petty things they have said or showing a difference of opinion, then you might need to engage in a little introspection of your own.

I'm done with this because it has nothing to do with the OP and I don't intend to keep spelling it out to you. Feel free to have the last word on this , just don't think I will ignore any more petty/petulent admonishments from you without a come back going forward .
But you had a problem with the word camp. I wonder if you have changed your mind on this. You seem to have.

But you had a problem with the word camp. I wonder if you have changed your mind on this. You seem to have.

Whatever

Back
Top Bottom