• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Israeli pig-farming kibbutz draws religious ire

jujuman13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Link
BBC News - Israeli pig-farming kibbutz draws religious ire

Quote(A female pig by the name of Barbie lies anaesthetised on a bed, a pulse monitor clipped to her snout as it pokes out from under a blanket

Staff in blue medical scrubs crowd around her, examining an image of the inside of her colon, shown on a computer screen above the bed.

Unusually in the pig world, Barbie was raised by Jews.

Researcher Sharon Goldfarb-Albak strokes the animal's head tenderly.

"I love pigs! The Bible says don't eat pig, so I don't eat pig, but that doesn't mean I can't pet them and make them my friends," she says.

Pork plant)

Initially i was going to place this news story in 'Breaking News' because it is 'news' and it is 'breaking', I realized that my 'Arch nemesis' would probably move it to this section, where I am now placing it.
I have to admit the idea of Israeli's raising Pigs did strike me as being incongruous, however as the Israeli's are ever more extremely practical people and realizing that Medical Research is perhaps best done on an animal with similar attributes to a human body is likely better than using human guinea pigs.

Be interested to hear other comments.

Cool, your description sounds pretty interesting :)

Back
Top Bottom