• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Israeli/Palestine

As many of you will know by now the ceasefire is deteriorating, and our troops are massing on Gaza, We have been launching air strikes quite a few times today and our armored units are coming on down. On top of this I have been deployed to Gaza along with the rest of our brigade. Ground operations could happen within the next few hours.

So don't be surprised if something suddenly happens, keep your eyes on the news if you can, If I don't post for a day or two don't be surprised.

super how big are these ground operations. the news here on the television says that it is only a small incursion into the Gaza strip. But according to you how big is it?

Sharon just gave the greenlight for the entire IDF force on the Gaza strip to move in and sweep it of terrorists if Abbas does not stop the bombardments in the next few hours. We are on active combat alert. It's not a minor sweep this is a full scale ground operation through many miles of Arab territory. However from what I'm hearing we may also have to accept the "assistance" of the Palestinian Authority troops to deal with Hamas. Mostly because the Palestinian Authority lacks the amount of power that Hamas has and a kind of civil war is breaking out with a few gun battles breaking out all day. Hamas is winning it seems, which is very bad.

Last edited:
what percentage of IDF forces are on the Gaza strip. It can't be that much, I mean the gaza strip is not a huge track of land in relation to the rest of the Palestinian areas. How are your combat buddies feeling about it? Is everyone edgy?

We had over 45,000 soldiers here when the evictions began, and more soldiers have come (Like my Unit) to support a possible campaign into Gaza. Almost all the soldiers I talk to are ready to go in, we want the mortar and artillary strikes to stop, and we are prepared to go the whole way to end it.

One question. I remember reading, I don't know a few months ago that they're calling a peace-treaty.. I could have sworn they're still in this cease-fire deal.. Yet they're openly shooting each other.

One question. I remember reading, I don't know a few months ago that they're calling a peace-treaty.. I could have sworn they're still in this cease-fire deal.. Yet they're openly shooting each other.

The ceasefire has crumbled, the Palestinians have launched over 100 rounds into our land today alone, and have killed 4 and wounded over 100. They have not stopped firing since the ceasefire began, and with our withdraw they have more range so they have taken to firing into our towns outside of the settlements. We have started targeting the terrorists at will, and regardless of a ceasefire when we find a terrorist... lets put it this way, he better have the best damn body armor on earth.

I'm arabic origin(algeria), I live in france. You know the war between palestinians and israelis is old. After the massacre of jews 2 world war, europeens wanted to extricate themself their culpability and have found a solution a land for jews anywhere. They wanted a land but they have not special idea for that (sion meeting 1946). And the revolt of jews of palestin against the english, and "the big israel" became the leitmotive of jews. And the europeens helped even them(france for the first) to fabricate 200 nuke bombs. So may be we have not had the same books in our hands... :doh

parisien said:
I'm arabic origin(algeria), I live in france. You know the war between palestinians and israelis is old. After the massacre of jews 2 world war, europeens wanted to extricate themself their culpability and have found a solution a land for jews anywhere. They wanted a land but they have not special idea for that (sion meeting 1946). And the revolt of jews of palestin against the english, and "the big israel" became the leitmotive of jews. And the europeens helped even them(france for the first) to fabricate 200 nuke bombs. So may be we have not had the same books in our hands... :doh

Is your book less biased than ours?:roll:

Back
Top Bottom