• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israeli missile hits school in Gaza

As we've seen in Afghanistan and elsewhere, we have no problem at all targeting hospitals and civilians ourselves.

When enemy combatants seize hospitals to use as military facilities they are fair game.

“Civilians” who carry arms and refuse to act in a peaceful manner are combatants and may be targeted. As may those who provide combatants direct support

No it’s not.

And I don’t really think that’s the road you want to go down. If building towns is ethnic cleansing then every western country in existence is based solely on ethnic cleansing of a far worse degree and thus no valid grounds to complain.

yes every nation is built on ethnic cleansing but should it be accepted in the 21st century world?

When enemy combatants seize hospitals to use as military facilities they are fair game.

“Civilians” who carry arms and refuse to act in a peaceful manner are combatants and may be targeted. As may those who provide combatants direct support

When one nation commits military aggression against another, it is against the law.

But only if one believes in the rule of law.

There are lawless nations on this planet, and there are many individuals who can easily rationalize war crimes, like Mike Pompeo, Joe Biden and Donald Trump.

Ho Chi Minh was not a hero to non communists.

That’s aside from the point, it was not inevitable that the North would win, if we committed to a full scale invasion and occupation of the North they would’ve lost totally. As it stood the loss of the North during the Tet Offensive completely drained the Viet Cong

ho chi minh should be remembered as hero to everybody, he lead his people through constant war and it doenst matter what he believed in economically, again patriotism inspired him more

america wasnt interested in a full scale invasion of the country, they would have lost with so many more dead and guerilla conflict would never end

When one nation commits military aggression against another, it is against the law.

But only if one believes in the rule of law.

There are lawless nations on this planet, and there are many individuals who can easily rationalize war crimes, like Mike Pompeo, Joe Biden and Donald Trump.

For sure, Israel is a scofflaw state but only because the United States provides it with political cover. The Israelis believe they are answerable to no one.

yes every nation is built on ethnic cleansing but should it be accepted in the 21st century world?

They’re not putting the Arabs in camps and gassing them.

They’re building settlements in unused land under military occupation, because of wars the Arabs started.

Israel occupies the land they do out of military necessity. The Golan Heights and West Bank are vital to having militarily defensible borders.

the middle east and norht africa continued to be rich under the golden age of islam too

the ottoman empire was a powerhouse for very long too

there wasnt much difference until as of late where all of the world superpowers have been european or america due to the power transition theory

human civilization is generally the same across all regions with its patterns, islamic societies have also stuck to their traditions and has rejected the sexual revolution and other parts of the west in favor of theocracies, which is something i can respect

And I have no problem with the Islamic countries that exist around the world. If Saudi Arabia had religious toleration for Catholics to have chapels then I might consider moving there.

But on the same note, Islamic countries have treated the Palestinians far worse. They could easily take in all the Palestinian Arabs and Israel and America could pay all the relocated people double the value of their property and the problem is over. But the Arab countries themselves view the Palestinians as trouble makers and don’t want them

Yes, I'm sure that's what Israel calls them.

I dont know the specifics of this incident, but in the past, Hamas has used schools to store and hide its rockets and rocket launchers....that being said, you simply do not target schools....ever.

An Israeli warplane at dawn today fired a missile that landed in a school run by the UN Refugees Agency (UNRWA) in Al-Shati refugee camp in Gaza city. Israel claims such actions, including the air strikes, were in response to the incendiary balloons launched from Gaza over the last week, causing fire in areas around the blockaded enclave.
Israeli missile hits school in Gaza, causing damage
Undoubtedly, the Israelis will promise to investigate the attack on a school if only because it belongs to the United Nations and that will be the end of it.

gaza-school-israel-unexploded-missile-13aug2020-afp-edit.jpg

The Israeli missile hit the school’s second floor causing partial damage (AFP)

Israel has been warning Hamas for quite some time to stop the fire bomb balloons.

Israel targets Hamas in Gaza in response to fire-bomb balloons
Israel targets Hamas in Gaza in response to fire-bomb balloons

Incendiary balloons, gunshots fuel Gaza border tension | Arab News

How many attack must Israeli citizens suffer before retaliation?

How would Paris respond to intentional terrorism?

Berlin? Would they suffer rocket and mortar attacks?

What if Dutch farms and fields were firebombed?

Israel has the right to defend itself, and Israel doesn't target civilians.

so many deaths over land and religion.

For sure, Israel is a scofflaw state but only because the United States provides it with political cover. The Israelis believe they are answerable to no one.

Israel returned Gaza to the Palestinians. The Palestinians have in turn have created a base for terror attacks. To the point of diverting building supplies and aid money into building terror tunnels and rearming with military-type rockets and mortars.

Oh no some criminal set a balloon on fire and let it go and hoped it landed on Israel.

Time to bomb some kids?

:confused:

Oh no some criminal set a balloon on fire and let it go and hoped it landed on Israel.

Time to bomb some kids?

:confused:

They have been releasing incendiary containing balloons for some time now. Years to be honest.

According to a report in Ynet, as of 10 July 2018, incendiary kites and balloons started 678 fires in Israel, burning 910 hectares (2,260 acres) of woodland, 610 hectares (1,500 acres) of agricultural crops, as well as open fields.[25] Some balloons landed in the Eshkol Regional Council[26] and the Sdot Negev Regional Council, and no one was injured.[27] One balloon cluster reached Beersheba, some 40 kilometres (25 mi) from the Gaza strip
-wiki

How many international attacks would you suffer before responding?

And what children were "bombed" in this incident?

Last edited:
Hamas ADMITS their goal is civilian casualties.

See me building monuments to Hamas here? What has that got to do with Israel? Unless you're saying they're just as ****ty, which is essentially what I'm saying.

An Israeli warplane at dawn today fired a missile that landed in a school run by the UN Refugees Agency (UNRWA) in Al-Shati refugee camp in Gaza city. Israel claims such actions, including the air strikes, were in response to the incendiary balloons launched from Gaza over the last week, causing fire in areas around the blockaded enclave.
Israeli missile hits school in Gaza, causing damage
Undoubtedly, the Israelis will promise to investigate the attack on a school if only because it belongs to the United Nations and that will be the end of it.
The Israeli missile hit the school’s second floor causing partial damage (AFP)

I wonder why the missile didn't explode ... unless it was a warning shot, causing minimal damage to an unoccupied building at the time ...

See me building monuments to Hamas here? What has that got to do with Israel? Unless you're saying they're just as ****ty, which is essentially what I'm saying.

Let's see....

Hamas targets Israeli citizens intentionally.

The IDF targets HAMAS who targets Israeli citizens intentionally.

Yep.... Just as ****ty.... :lamo

Comparing a Democratic civilized nation that defends its citizens' lives from acts of terrorism to an Islamist terror group, and comparing the very act of defending those citizens from terror attacks to the very terror attacks that target them, is the exact same thing as fully endorsing and supporting those kind of attacks.

Let's see....

Hamas targets Israeli citizens intentionally.

The IDF targets HAMAS who targets Israeli citizens intentionally.

Yep.... Just as ****ty.... :lamo

You're defending a government that bombed a school run by the UN. Do you realize how ****ty you look right now?

Back
Top Bottom