• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israeli Guns Lost on U.S. Visit

ric27

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Netanyahu Security Officers' Guns Lost on U.S. Visit - WSJ.com

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's security detail lost four high-powered semi-automatic guns over the weekend when its luggage was rerouted across the U.S., only to resurface without the weapons.

Members of the prime minister's security team flew on Israeli airline El Al Sunday into John F. Kennedy airport in New York, in advance of Mr. Netanyahu's visit with President Barack Obama, according to officials with knowledge of the incident. After passing through customs, the Israeli security officers checked two hard carrying cases—one containing four .40-caliber Glock handguns and the other containing three Glocks—before boarding an American Airlines flight to Washington, the officials said.

What the **** has happened here!!! Why have his security detail secure and make unavailable the guns they're supposed to defend him with?

Netanyahu Security Officers' Guns Lost on U.S. Visit - WSJ.com

What the **** has happened here!!! Why have his security detail secure and make unavailable the guns they're supposed to defend him with?

Uhh, it's not like this was an official decision passed down by the TSA or DHS. Some asshat stole the weapons.

Edit: I also love the description of a Glock .40 as "high-powered semi-automatic guns." A Glock isn't a particularly "high-powered" gun... it's a pistol. And "semi-automatic" basically means IT'S NOT A REVOLVER. Way to make a pretty standard issue pistol sound like a doomsday device that has been UNLEASHED UPON AMERICA'S STREETS.

Somebody post that "Media description: Ak-47" image.

Last edited:
Why didn't his security detail fly in on the official Israeli plane that brought in Netanyahu? Then they could bring their guns. You can't trust baggage handlers, anywhere.

Why didn't his security detail fly in on the official Israeli plane that brought in Netanyahu? Then they could bring their guns. You can't trust baggage handlers, anywhere.

If I were to hazard a guess, it's that some of his entourage went on the official plane while others went via airline. It's pretty common, even the US President can't fit all of his crew onto one plane, and he gets a 747! There's probably also guys that fly ahead to scope out the destination airport before the VIP gets there.

Hey, if I can't take a gun on a plane, why should some other asshole? And of course, they got stolen, baggage handlers for the airliners will steal anything given the opportunity.

You can take a gun on a plane, as long as you follow TSA guidelines.

Sounds to me like the airline owes these guys replacement pistols.

I used to shoot on the ISU skeet circuit meaning I was traveling all over the place with a couple rather expensive Shotguns (International style K guns). I would always sign the silly "steal me tag" but insist I put it inside the gun case which then went inside a duffle bag.

having the steal me tag on your bag is a guarantee its stolen

Back
Top Bottom