• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israeli airstrike on Gaza claims eight young cousins

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
You want know what fuels terrorism? This is what fuels terrorism:

Intense Israeli airstrikes on Gaza on Saturday killed eight young cousins who had gathered to celebrate Eid with their mothers, and destroyed the high-rise tower that housed the Associated Press, the leading news agency of its greatest ally.

Mohammed Haddidi’s wife and five sons were inside the house when it was bombed, and only five-month-old Omar was pulled from the rubble alive. Rescuers searched for survivors through piles of shattered concrete dotted with toys, a Monopoly boardgame and holiday food prepared for a meal that was never enjoyed.

“My wife had gone to visit her brother, and because the children were enjoying playing with their cousins, they asked to spend the night and she agreed,” he told the Observer. Those childhood games would doom almost all of them.

I'm sure that some people will find a way to justify how playing board games in a family member's home makes one deserved to be literally bombed. :mad:

The Israeli military said more than 2,000 rockets had been fired from Gaza into Israel since the start of the conflict, around half of which were intercepted by missile defence systems and 350 fell into the Gaza Strip.

I'm sure that some people will find a way to justify how playing board games in a family member's home makes one deserved to be literally bombed. :mad:
Perhaps the adults should have considered ensuring the safety of those children. I mean, after all, Hamas is shooting rockets at Israel...Israel is telling people to evacuate the area and bombing Hamas. Who on earth would leave their children in that place?

The Israeli military said more than 2,000 rockets had been fired from Gaza into Israel since the start of the conflict, around half of which were intercepted by missile defence systems and 350 fell into the Gaza Strip.

What does "start of the conflict" mean? Like past 60 years?

2000 rockets and 6 dead doesnt seem to match up.

Intentional ignorance noted.

May 2021.
Im 100% honest. Did they fire 2000 rockets in 1 week? or since start of conflict in history? Cuz first they were reporting 120 rockets fired. Then 200 rockets fired. Then it jumped up to "2000 rockets fired since the start".

Im 100% honest. Did they fire 2000 rockets in 1 week? or since start of conflict in history? Cuz first they were reporting 120 rockets fired. Then 200 rockets fired. Then it jumped up to "2000 rockets fired since the start".

Asked and answered.

In total Hamas has fired tens of thousands of rockets and mortars into Israel over the past years. As you have been told in the past.

And aren't you the one stupidly equating Palestinian rockets to bottle rockets?

Asked and answered.

In total Hamas has fired tens of thousands of rockets and mortars into Israel over the past years. As you have been told in the past.

And aren't you the one stupidly equating Palestinian rockets to bottle rockets?
No I have seen the kassam rockets or whatever they are pretty big dumbfire, indiscriminate rockets big enough to kill someone.

HAMAS is firing thousands of rockets into Israel. What do you propose they do?

HAMAS is firing thousands of rockets into Israel. What do you propose they do?

How about going after Hamas and not innocent children? Better yet, get to the bargaining table and give Palestinians the basic civil liberties that they are entitled to.

How about going after Hamas and not innocent children? Better yet, get to the bargaining table and give Palestinians the basic civil liberties that they are entitled to.
The bargaining table sounds excellent, and civil liberties for all. Because the way HAMAS is set up, there is no way to hit them without hitting innocent civilians.

You know, this is all reminding me of how the US pushed the Native Americans into near oblivion. At the time, there is no way we would have stopped. I doubt Israel will either. And the Palestinians will keep attacking the best they can. There is no trust on either side, too much has gone on. It would take a miracle to get them to stop. It's horribly sad, but it's not our fight and I don't understand why Americans are so invested in one side or the other here. At this point, both sides seem pretty culpable.

Well, you ain't gonna find me among them.

Would you be prepared to bargain with someone having a probable claim to the bottom half of your garden, knowing that if he gets that, he'll be in a more comfortable decision to pursue his more important goal?

That of taking all of the rest, house included?

Speaking of Hamas here.

As to going after Hamas itself instead of innocent children, you do know that Gaza isn't exactly so constituted that you can just simply send in the cops?

Getting hold of those thugs physically would require a ground offensive that would cost far more civilian lives than we currently have to shudder over already.

Well, you ain't gonna find me among them.
Me neither, but I'm sure as hell not going to pretend that a Palestinian childs life is not of equal value to any other childs life, (Israeli, Australian etc) around the world and just ho hum that their lives are over and go back to arguing about shit that he been argued for years.

General comment, not directed at you.

I agree with that sentiment; however, Hamas has a history of stockpiling rockets and munitions in schools and similar places....it makes it hard to differentiate between legitimate targets and civilian targets.

Me neither, but I'm sure as hell not going to pretend that a Palestinian childs life is not of equal value to any other childs life, (Israeli, Australian etc) around the world and just ho hum that their lives are over and go back to arguing about shit that he been argued for years.

General comment, not directed at you.
shared, nevertheless.

Every non-combatant life lost in this fracas is the one too many.

And I find the lost lives of combatants nothing to write home about, either, even where one could argue "occupational hazard" there.

This won't end until the world community takes the whole thing over, but history has shown how there's no such thing.

I agree with that sentiment; however, Hamas has a history of stockpiling rockets and munitions in schools and similar places....it makes it hard to differentiate between legitimate targets and civilian targets.
Actually, not to deflect from your accurate assessment, Gaza is so tightly packed with all kinds of buildings as to make "surgical" strikes nigh on impossible.

Hamas uses most of them and knows darn well the why of it.

Iran, among others have pledged to destroy Israel.
If you were leaders in Israel, what would you do to protect yourself?

Perhaps the adults should have considered ensuring the safety of those children. I mean, after all, Hamas is shooting rockets at Israel...Israel is telling people to evacuate the area and bombing Hamas. Who on earth would leave their children in that place?
is

Iran, among others have pledged to destroy Israel.
If you were leaders in Israel, what would you do to protect yourself?

There is no nation or group in the Middle East capable of destroying Israel. The siege mentality is both totally unnecessary and pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom