• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israeli academics boycott West Bank settlements

Degreez

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
BBC News - Israeli academics boycott West Bank settlements

More than 150 Israeli academics say they will no longer lecture or work in Jewish settlements in the West Bank.

In a letter, they said they supported the recent decision by a group of actors and others not to take part in cultural activity there.

The academics said that acceptance of the settlements caused "critical" damage to Israel's chances of achieving peace with the Palestinians.

The actors were criticised for refusing to perform at a new cultural centre.

On Sunday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the last thing Israel needed as it resumed direct peace talks was a boycott from within.

Nice to know that the intellectuals in Israel do not support the illegal colonization of the West Bank.

I wouldn't mind hearing their opinion on East Jerusalem. Maybe they will have more insight than 'its ours now, we will never share it'.

Nice to know that the intellectuals in Israel do not support the illegal colonization of the West Bank.

That's a generalization.
There are many more 'intellectuals' that are not boycotting the specific settlement (which by every agreement will probably be annexed by Israel, as it's right on the 67 border) than those 150 folks.

That's a generalization.
There are many more 'intellectuals' that are not boycotting the specific settlement (which by every agreement will probably be annexed by Israel, as it's right on the 67 border) than those 150 folks.

In that case I think we can safely assume there will be no peace settlement.

In that case I think we can safely assume there will be no peace settlement.

Assume what you wish to, I take no interest in your assumptions.

Assume what you wish to, I take no interest in your assumptions.

Then you are under no obligation to reply to them. I do not doubt what you say but I think you will never get a peace settlement by annexing East Jerusalem and stating that this is the intention is putting your cards on the table that you have no interest in peace. Why should you? You will just be able to take more and more of the West Bank until the time comes when you do face world sanctions.

Then you are under no obligation to reply to them. I do not doubt what you say but I think you will never get a peace settlement by annexing East Jerusalem and stating that this is the intention is putting your cards on the table that you have no interest in peace. Why should you? You will just be able to take more and more of the West Bank until the time comes when you do face world sanctions.

East Jerusalem? I was speaking about the settlement of Ariel.
As usual, torn-off.

Not to mention how ridiculous it is to assume that Israel will annex East Jerusalem, since it already did, right after the six-day war.

Last edited:
Nice to know that the intellectuals in Israel do not support the illegal colonization of the West Bank.I wouldn't mind hearing their opinion on East Jerusalem. Maybe they will have more insight than 'its ours now, we will never share it'.

ROTLMAO. As if it matters whether israel was in the west bank or not.

Tell us superstar, for the 20 years BEFORE israel entered the WB, was there peace?

And where is your condemnation for the arabs trying to transfer 5 million illegal arab muslim aliens into israel? So when israel leaves the WB - as it did leave Gaza AND Lebanon, will there be peace there? Obviously not.

The only reason that there is even a functioning economy in the WB is because some of the arabs there have decided that they love their children more than they love terrorism against jews, and have opted to build a society. What israel does or does not is totally irrelevent, there will only be peace when the arab muslims accept that other groups have a basic human right to sovereignty in the middle east.

At this point, only imbeciles still believe the lie that this is a land-based conflict, or that what israel does or does not do has any bearing on the issue.

Last edited:
That's a generalization.

Ariel is not "right on the border" it is deep inside the West Bank.

And where is your condemnation for the arabs trying to transfer 5 million illegal arab muslim aliens into israel?

Are you referring to the descendants of the original inhabitants who were expelled by recent immigrants from Europe, some of them very much illegal?

Last edited:
At this point, only imbeciles still believe the lie that this is a land-based conflict, or that what Israel does or does not do has any bearing on the issue.

I would have to say that is one of the strangest posts I have ever seen. 80 years or so ago Jews were only about 10% of the population there. Apocalypse is already talking about taking more land. I believe they have not got enough yet. Gaza was all right to give away because it got rid of a good proportion of the arab population, just in case people start asking that they should all have a vote rather than living in an inferior bit of land with their farm land unavailable on the other side.

Dr Ilan Pappe puts it more bluntly,

If you don't recognise the ethnic cleansing policy as part of zionism, you don't understand why there is a conflict in palestine
Dr. Ilan Pappe

If you do not condemn Israel for what it did in 1948 you don't understand that the crime it created in 1948 is being perpetrated daily against the Palestinians today
Dr. Ilan Pappe

His words.

Besides of which peace is totally impossible until you begin to talk to Hamas....and now you are trying to suggest this has nothing to do with Israel and land? I think I have totally given up on this.

Last edited:
Dr Ilan Pappe puts it more bluntly,

Why would anyone care what that animal says? He was basically expelled from israel and no longer lives there - he enjoys ZERO credibility except with the jew-hating crowd. Is that who you are identifying with? Perhaps next you'll quote Little Bo Peep...

Besides of which peace is totally impossible until you begin to talk to Hamas....and now you are trying to suggest this has nothing to do with Israel and land? I think I have totally given up on this.

Along with the fact that hamas just murdered FOUR more israelis this evening and are animal filth who should be killed on sight, given that israel exited both gaza AND lebanon only to receive massive terrorist attacks shortly thereafter from both places, as I said - only an imbecile would still believe that this is a land conflict.

But of course, to many dishonest posters here pretending it is a land conflict, only arab muslims are allowed sovereignty in the middle east, no minorities such as jews can enjoy such basic human rights.

Last edited:
Are you referring to the descendants of the original inhabitants who were expelled by recent immigrants from Europe, some of them very much illegal?

Are you pretending that israel was responsible for the 1948 war started by the arab muslims?

Are you pretending that the UN official definition of refugees includes the descendants of refugees?

Are you pretending that the arab muslims left the area in 1948 for reasons other than the war the arab nations initiated?

If so, then you are lying, and wasting my time.

Are you pretending that israel was responsible for the 1948 war started by the arab muslims?

Are you pretending that the UN official definition of refugees includes the descendants of refugees?

Are you pretending that the arab muslims left the area in 1948 for reasons other than the war the arab nations initiated?

If so, then you are lying, and wasting my time.

Most of them left because Israel forced them out. There was no reason why the war would have caused all of them to have left. You calling them "illegal aliens" is not only absurd but offensive given the circumstances.

Most of them left because Israel forced them out.

That's nonsensical garbage. The arab muslims left due to the ongoing war - which was started by the surrounding arab muslim nations. Too bad, the arab muslims started, and lost this war - they will have to take responsibility for it.

There was no reason why the war would have caused all of them to have left.

Really? Why is that?

You calling them "illegal aliens" is not only absurd but offensive given the circumstances.

Are the "circumstances" you refer to the war started by the arab muslim nations surrounding israel?

Apocalypse is already talking about taking more land.

You always cease to amaze me.
I was saying that it will be annexed as part of a land swap, a land swap means that the Palestinians will be given an equal amount of land, so how exactly is that "taking more land"?

Pathetic.

Correction: The lawful Israeli communities built on historic Jewish land, under international law.

Muslims have colonized the West Bank, Gaza and virtually all of the Middle East.

Well you got banned pretty fast. Sock puppet?

Back
Top Bottom