• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Israel

Is Israel doing the right thing in the West Bank and Gaza?

• Total voters
I'm curious....why is it that you guys think that the U.N. is against Israel and for Arabs/Muslims? Now even though I am Muslim I am not as quick to condemn Israel for anything....especially human rights...... because Palestinians dont wear uniforms so how could Israel know the difference between a soldier and a civilian? But when you have the U.S. vetoing resolutions to bring in Peace monitors (and the only country to veto too) you cant really say that the U.N. isnt trying to help solve the problems.....As I have said before the problems will never be solved if left up to Israel and Palestine to solve it themselves....only the other Arab leaders in the region can help the Palestinians

Do you want to know why we don't trust the UN? It started for real in 1967, first we went to the General Assembly to protest the blockade of our ship's through the Suez. It was voted down overwhelmingly. A few month's later Nasser tells the entire UN peace keeping army to pack up and withdraw from the Sinia border, without a word of protest they withdraw and instead of dismantleing bunkers, defenses, and supply dumps, they left them for the Egyptians to take over. Then when Egypt moved over 250,000 men onto our border and we went to the UN we were not only voted down but condemned for carrying out raids against Fatah camps inside the Gaza Strip. Then when raids increased and Egyptian troops began deploying for combat we attacked. For that we were condemned. This type of thing has happened throughout our history, when ever we do something to defend ourselves we are condemned, but when the Arab's do something that is overtly a preparation for war the UN does nothing. The UN wanted the Arabs to fight back to the 1948 borders, that is why the allowed Egypt to gain access to our border and then left behind defenses and equipment if it did not go well.
We just dont trust the UN, and when Syria was put on the Arms control comittee right after the 1973 war it was just to much.

I really dont need to see the pictures.....I'm sure what they will show I could also post picture for "shock value".....and you are wrong the Palestinians cant help themselves

The pictures are what we do see when we go into the centers of Palestinian control, how ever I will say this. When we go to villages that are farther from major Palestinian hubs you see that type of thing wane. I remember when we went to a village north of Rafa to investigate an Egyptian arm's smuggling possibility we found a wounded Palestinian boy, he had been shot by Terrorist wings inside Palestine when he had tried to help Palestinian Authority gunmen assess where the groups were coming from. Our unit's medic removed the bullet and patched him up and we gave him some candy that we had with us. Then we left. I'll never forget that little village, no extremist muslims, no politics there, no kid's in uniforms and with guns. Just a simple little village in the middle of the desert. If we can get rid of the terror wing's in Palestine and make the Palestinian Authority strong enough to enforce the law and responsible enough as well than we may have our biggest chance to have peace in Palestine.

Wow. People are very entrenched in their respective sides on this issue. With that in mind, here is what I believe:

In any conflict, especially one of this nature, there is never one side that has wronged the other. Both sides have made mistakes. Israel has done some pretty bad things in its past (not to say that it hasn't done a lot of good, or doesn't deserve to exist). Palestinian extremists have also done well more than their fair share to inflame the situation (and Israeli streets). I can't really imagine that at the end of this, historians will look back and say: "Yup, Israel was definitely to blame for that one", or "Yea, those darn Arabs are the ones who started it all". I think they will look back and see it as a conflict that arose from extremists from both sides.

That said, I think laying blame on one side or another won't help resolve the situation either. We are where we are, and it's more important to look to where we can get to in resolving the conflict.

It's really important to remember that when we talk about the crimes a group has committed, Israeli or Palestinian, we are almost always talking about the extremists of that group.

Last edited:
superskippy said:
I'm curious....why is it that you guys think that the U.N. is against Israel and for Arabs/Muslims? Now even though I am Muslim I am not as quick to condemn Israel for anything....especially human rights...... because Palestinians dont wear uniforms so how could Israel know the difference between a soldier and a civilian? But when you have the U.S. vetoing resolutions to bring in Peace monitors (and the only country to veto too) you cant really say that the U.N. isnt trying to help solve the problems.....As I have said before the problems will never be solved if left up to Israel and Palestine to solve it themselves....only the other Arab leaders in the region can help the Palestinians

Do you want to know why we don't trust the UN? It started for real in 1967, first we went to the General Assembly to protest the blockade of our ship's through the Suez. It was voted down overwhelmingly. A few month's later Nasser tells the entire UN peace keeping army to pack up and withdraw from the Sinia border, without a word of protest they withdraw and instead of dismantleing bunkers, defenses, and supply dumps, they left them for the Egyptians to take over. Then when Egypt moved over 250,000 men onto our border and we went to the UN we were not only voted down but condemned for carrying out raids against Fatah camps inside the Gaza Strip. Then when raids increased and Egyptian troops began deploying for combat we attacked. For that we were condemned. This type of thing has happened throughout our history, when ever we do something to defend ourselves we are condemned, but when the Arab's do something that is overtly a preparation for war the UN does nothing. The UN wanted the Arabs to fight back to the 1948 borders, that is why the allowed Egypt to gain access to our border and then left behind defenses and equipment if it did not go well.
We just dont trust the UN, and when Syria was put on the Arms control comittee right after the 1973 war it was just to much.

I really dont need to see the pictures.....I'm sure what they will show I could also post picture for "shock value".....and you are wrong the Palestinians cant help themselves

The pictures are what we do see when we go into the centers of Palestinian control, how ever I will say this. When we go to villages that are farther from major Palestinian hubs you see that type of thing wane. I remember when we went to a village north of Rafa to investigate an Egyptian arm's smuggling possibility we found a wounded Palestinian boy, he had been shot by Terrorist wings inside Palestine when he had tried to help Palestinian Authority gunmen assess where the groups were coming from. Our unit's medic removed the bullet and patched him up and we gave him some candy that we had with us. Then we left. I'll never forget that little village, no extremist muslims, no politics there, no kid's in uniforms and with guns. Just a simple little village in the middle of the desert. If we can get rid of the terror wing's in Palestine and make the Palestinian Authority strong enough to enforce the law and responsible enough as well than we may have our biggest chance to have peace in Palestine.

I dont doubt your information but my question is WHY do you think that the U.N. is against Israel? surely you cant think that the U.N. is pro-Arab....or do you? and know this...although what the Press (including yours) says the overwhelming majority of Muslims in the World acknowledge your right to exist and want peace with Jews/Israel

peace to you

peace

Surenderer said:
I dont doubt your information but my question is WHY do you think that the U.N. is against Israel?
The United Nations of today does not in any way resemble the UN as it was originally intended by the United States and the other Allied powers immediately after World War II. In the original UN charter, only soverign states that had declared war against the Tripartite Axis would be accepted for membership. This ensured a common mindset and sense of morality. Over time, UN membership was extended to all nations... regardless of the mindset or morality of the ruling government.

The General Assembly of the United Nations today contains a majority of both third-world nations and nations that have repressive governments. This majority has formed a voting bloc in an effort to aggrandize political power. Needless to say, most Arab/Muslim nations reside within this majority core. This voting bloc has consistently advanced and voted for UN Resolutions detrimental to Israel. The question then becomes why?

The reasons are legion, but the overarching aim is to negate or deflect the serious shortcomings of their own governance. Anything and everything negative is ascribed to Israel. The Nile is polluted because Israel poisoned it. Arab poverty is rampant because Jews control international finance. 9/11 was a Mossad operation to turn America against Muslims. Government monetary expenditures must go to the military instead of education and social programs to guard against an Israeli invasion. Yada, yada, yada. It goes on forever without end.

Without Israel as the progenitor of all that ails Arab countries, what would transpire? Actually that is a rhetorical question... because the answer is obvious to anyone with an iota of common sense. The answer is also just as obvious to the entrenched and ruling Arab elite.

Tashah said:
The United Nations of today does not in any way resemble the UN as it was originally intended by the United States and the other Allied powers immediately after World War II. In the original UN charter, only soverign states that had declared war against the Tripartite Axis would be accepted for membership. This ensured a common mindset and sense of morality. Over time, UN membership was extended to all nations... regardless of the mindset or morality of the ruling government.

The General Assembly of the United Nations today contains a majority of both third-world nations and nations that have repressive governments. This majority has formed a voting bloc in an effort to aggrandize political power. Needless to say, most Arab/Muslim nations reside within this majority core. This voting bloc has consistently advanced and voted for UN Resolutions detrimental to Israel. The question then becomes why?

The reasons are legion, but the overarching aim is to negate or deflect the serious shortcomings of their own governance. Anything and everything negative is ascribed to Israel. The Nile is polluted because Israel poisoned it. Arab poverty is rampant because Jews control international finance. 9/11 was a Mossad operation to turn America against Muslims. Government monetary expenditures must go to the military instead of education and social programs to guard against an Israeli invasion. Yada, yada, yada. It goes on forever without end.

Without Israel as the progenitor of all that ails Arab countries, what would transpire? Actually that is a rhetorical question... because the answer is obvious to anyone with an iota of common sense. The answer is also just as obvious to the entrenched and ruling Arab elite.

All that AND good looks...what more can you ask for?

Back
Top Bottom