• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel: Shock At 'Thank You Hitler' Graffiti

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The words were sprayed in Hebrew at the entrance to Yad Vashem in Jerusalem, provoking outrage from the Israeli government.
"This is an escalation and an unprecedented crossing of red lines," Minister Yuli Edelstein said, describing the attack as a "spit in the face of Holocaust victims".
Other graffiti at the site said: "Only because of the Holocaust did we receive a state from the UN.

16245153.jpg

Here is another source
Thank you Hitler for your wonderful Holocaust that you arranged for us, it's only because of you that we got a state at the UN," read one of 10 slogans daubed on walls at the museum, sparking shock in the Jewish state which came into being just three years after the end of World War II.

The graffiti was denounced as "a callous expression of burning hatred" by Yad Vashem director Avner Shalev, who pointed the finger at ultra-Orthodox extremists adamantly opposed to the existence of the modern state of Israel.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/hitler-graffiti/story-e6frg6so-1226392594644

So, now im confused, are all Jews ''zionists'' or is it two different camps? what's going on?

Last edited:
What's confusing to you about anti-Semitic hate speech? As to your question, "Zionist" is often used in place of "Jew" or "Jewish" by those who are bigoted against Jews yet want to claim that they're not. I'd be hard pressed to believe it was a Jew who did the graffiti.

I'd be hard pressed to believe it was a Jew who did the graffiti.
I hope so but, sadly, it's not impossible to visualize a "post-Zionist" Israeli Jew doing the deed.

I hope so but, sadly, it's not impossible to visualize a "post-Zionist" Israeli Jew doing the deed.

Well, I guess anything's possible. Talk about killing any credibility though.

View attachment 67129219

Here is another source

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

So, now im confused, are all Jews ''zionists'' or is it two different camps? what's going on?

Yes we can see the difference between Jews and Arab Muslims perhaps. Some knucklehead Jewish group hates something and writes some crazy graffiti. In Iraq different sects set off a car bomb during some pilgrimage. Pretty instructive I'd say.

I'd be hard pressed to believe it was a Jew who did the graffiti.

The police suspects it was Ultra Orthodox Jews (the same group who met Ahmadinejad in his holocaust denial conference), on one graffiti there was also a hint for the vandalizes to be Haredi

Yes we can see the difference between Jews and Arab Muslims perhaps. Some knucklehead Jewish group hates something and writes some crazy graffiti. In Iraq different sects set off a car bomb during some pilgrimage. Pretty instructive I'd say.
Bingo.

The police suspects it was Ultra Orthodox Jews (the same group who met Ahmadinejad in his holocaust denial conference), on one graffiti there was also a hint for the vandalizes to be Haredi
Ugh!

Not all Jews are pro-Isreal. That said, I agree with Thrilla. Real life trolling going on. Don't read too much into it.

Maybe if they had a chance they would have used car bombs who knows.... I can tell you this - If you were a woman it would have been much more frighting for you to walk with a skirt and a cleavage at their neighborhood than some Muslim neighborhood in east Jerusalem, I'd also bet that its more likely you'd suffer violence in their neighborhood.

Maybe if they had a chance they would have used car bombs who knows.... I can tell you this - If you were a woman it would have been much more frighting for you to walk with a skirt and a cleavage at their neighborhood than some Muslim neighborhood in east Jerusalem, I'd also bet that its more likely you'd suffer violence in their neighborhood.
What DOES happen to such women in Hamasnik neighborhoods???

Wow, I would have guessed it more likely that it was not done by any Jewish individual, but rather was made to look as if it had. Learn something new everyday I suppose.

Of course I take your word for this but I have to say it saddens me.

Hold on ido, I thought those who met with Ahmadinejad were the Jews against Israel whereas the graffiti reads: Thank you Hitler for your wonderful Holocaust that you arranged for us, it's only because of you that we got a state at the UN. So these shmucks ARE for Israel.

I'm confused as well

Hold on ido, I thought those who met with Ahmadinejad were the Jews against Israel whereas the graffiti reads: Thank you Hitler for your wonderful Holocaust that you arranged for us, it's only because of you that we got a state at the UN. So these shmucks ARE for Israel.

I'm confused as well

Are you real?

The Graffiti said: "Thank you Hitler for your wonderful Holocaust that you arranged for us, it's only because of you that we got a state at the UN" signed: "the world zionist mafia" does it sound like someone who supports Israel?

Does "Israel is the spiritual Auschwitz of the Sephardi Jews" sound like support in Israel?

Or maybe "If Hitler didn't exist Zionists would have invented him" ?

How about "The zionist leadership wanted the Holocaust" ?

It goes on if you aren't convinced yet.

Are you real?

You don't have to be rude. I'm asking a question because I'm confused.

There are a group of Jews who oppose the establishment of the STATE of Israel and those are the ones who went to see Ahmadinejad.

The Graffiti says, "only because of you we got aSTATE at the UN" in other words they are for the STATE of Israel unlike the Jews against Zionism who are AGAINST the STATE of Israel.

If you don't want to explain politely, then to hell with the Zionists and the anti Zionists along with them. As if I care :roll:

You don't have to be rude. I'm asking a question because I'm confused.

There are a group of Jews who oppose the establishment of the STATE of Israel and those are the ones who went to see Ahmadinejad.

The Graffiti says, "only because of you we got aSTATE at the UN" in other words they are for the STATE of Israel unlike the Jews against Zionism who are AGAINST the STATE of Israel.

If you don't want to explain politely, then to hell with the Zionists and the anti Zionists along with them. As if I care :roll:

But you do care. You have an anti-Israel agenda to support, after all. Or are you really interested in understanding the political dynamic between different groups of Jews in Israel and around the world?

But you do care. You have an anti-Israel agenda to support, after all. Or are you really interested in understanding the political dynamic between different groups of Jews in Israel and around the world?

Of course, I have an anti-Israel agenda, actually every morning, as soon as I open my eyes I think ... what action am I going to take against Israel today,... I even have stickers everywhere saying "have you done anything against Israel today"?.

I am also an anti-semite and a terrorist supporter. I dream that one day my son will become a martyr and a street will be named after him.

I have no clue about the Middle East. Actually I have never been interested in Politics at all. On tv I watch Pokemon and sometimes Bugs Bunny if I'm in a slightly better intellectual mood.
My favourite newspaper is The Sun and the only book I've ever read is Ali Baba and the Seven Thieves.

Are you happy now ? Will you please allow ido to clarify this issue for me ?

edit: oh and by the way, I was born and raised in Ouagadogou, that is faaar, far away from the Middle East. I think it's near Sweden.

Last edited:
Of course, I have an anti-Israel agenda, actually every morning, as soon as I open my eyes I think ... what action am I going to take against Israel today,... I even have stickers everywhere saying "have you done anything against Israel today"?.

I am also an anti-semite and a terrorist supporter. I dream that one day my son will become a martyr and a street will be named after him.

I have no clue about the Middle East. Actually I have never been interested in Politics at all. On tv I watch Pokemon and sometimes Bugs Bunny if I'm in a slightly better intellectual mood.
My favourite newspaper is The Sun and the only book I've ever read is Ali Baba and the Seven Thieves.

Are you happy now ? Will you please allow ido to clarify this issue for me ?

edit: oh and by the way, I was born and raised in Ouagadogou, that is faaar, far away from the Middle East. I think it's near Sweden.

uh-huh. But you just told ido you don't care. Which is a lie, as this story is exactly the propaganda story you are interested in running with (i.e., Jews oppose Israel too) to maintain the narrative of big bad Israel, rather than the reality of the Palestinians having absolutely no interest in reconciliation.

As for the rest, whatever floats your boat in terms of purposeful misrepresentations of discussions you have ignored while pushing your own propaganda.

uh-huh. But you just told ido you don't care. Which is a lie, as this story is exactly the propaganda story you are interested in running with (i.e., Jews oppose Israel too) to maintain the narrative of big bad Israel, rather than the reality of the Palestinians having absolutely no interest in reconciliation.

As for the rest, whatever floats your boat in terms of purposeful misrepresentations of discussions you have ignored while pushing your own propaganda.

Ya Rayyess, ya habibi, ya light of my life, what propaganda ? the graffitis are there for everyone to see.

So go ahead and explain to me then if you're not going to let ido explain.

Who wrote them and what do they mean ?

Ooooh yes, right, I forgot about the propaganda. Did you know that I actually took a course named "propaganda and how to use it on public discussion forums" ?

Unless you didn't know, ido is talking about these people and thinks they wrote the graffitis.
ANd I'm saying that these people do not believe in the STATE of Israel whereas the graffiti is thankful for the creation of the STATE of Israel.
Go on and explain then, because I think I'm missing the point.

ahmadijews.jpg

freepalestine29.jpg

hirsh-arafat.jpg

Rabbi-against-Zionism-large.jpg

Are you real?

The Graffiti said: "Thank you Hitler for your wonderful Holocaust that you arranged for us, it's only because of you that we got a state at the UN" signed: "the world zionist mafia" does it sound like someone who supports Israel?

Does "Israel is the spiritual Auschwitz of the Sephardi Jews" sound like support in Israel?

Or maybe "If Hitler didn't exist Zionists would have invented him" ?

How about "The zionist leadership wanted the Holocaust" ?

It goes on if you aren't convinced yet.

Ok, I get it. I just read the second link which explains better. The title of the thread confused me.
It is indeed more than despicable !!!

Back
Top Bottom