• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel ruled responsible for death of Palestinian girl

kaya'08

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Israel was responsible for the 2007 death of a 10-year-old Palestinian girl, a court in Jerusalem has ruled.

Abir Aramin was shot in the head by a rubber bullet during a clash between border guards and stone-throwing youths in the West Bank town of Anata.

BBC News - Israel ruled responsible for death of Palestinian girl

That is unfortunate. I find it sad an Israeli court has to make a ruling to get a compensation out of the IDF. Regardless i am pleased with the judges decision. How powerful are these rubber guns, exactly? They seem far more deadly than i assumed.

i admire that higher court judge's integrity

Likewise, it was an informed and proper decision.

I wonder if a Jewish girl was killed in Turkey would there even be a court hearing. Or would there be a crowd praising Allah!

I wonder if a Jewish girl was killed in Turkey would there even be a court hearing. Or would there be a crowd praising Allah!

I would like to think there would be a court ruling. And if it we're allowed to slip under the carpet, i would not call myself a Turk again until our country is rightfully restored to its enlightened roots, and i would disown it forever more if it where to fail in doing so.

Washunut, please do not make posts like this again.

Just because Turkey has disagreed with a few Israeli military actions does not mean they have a suddenly become a bastion of Islamic extremism.

I'm wondering how turkey will deal with the tribunal on its chemical weapons usage?

And how its courts have dealt with the kurds leaves so much to be desired...

Put your baseless agenda's aside and appreciate this victory for Jewish courts.

BBC News - Israel ruled responsible for death of Palestinian girl

That is unfortunate. I find it sad an Israeli court has to make a ruling to get a compensation out of the IDF. Regardless i am pleased with the judges decision. How powerful are these rubber guns, exactly? They seem far more deadly than i assumed.

The sad part is that the criminal case (the one that actually matters IMO) was closed by Israel's high court because they said that she may have been hit by a stone from protestors. Apparently the high court does not care for facts and evidence. Like the fact that this little girl was on a street that had no protestors whatsoever. The judge from the civil court got it right:
"Abir and her friends were walking down a street where there were no rock-throwers, therefore there was no reason to shoot in their direction. It is clear that Abir's death, caused by a rubber bullet shot by border guards, was due to negligence by the defendant."

Really? You must have missed this:

'Turks hit PKK with chemical weapons'

"Turks hit PKK with chemical weapons'
By BENJAMIN WEINTHAL JERUSALEM POST CORRESPONDENT
08/12/2010 21:41

Report: German newspaper says photos of dead Kurds confirm use."

The Jerusalem post is a well known and, as of late, anti-Turkish propaganda outlet. The UN has failed to confirm these reports and so without conducting scientific analysis it cannot be clear, and i have not seen these pictures. I also find it highly unlikely therefore that journalists can come to a valid scientific conclusion. I feel no remorse for these terrorists, do you feel sympathetic for Hamas? I am of the opinion you are apologetic towards terrorists as of late.

Last edited:
The Jerusalem post is a well known and, as of late, anti-Turkish propaganda outlet.

No it's not, but this is not even coming from the Jerusalem Post, it's coming from freaking Der Spiegel.

Shocking Images of Dead Kurdish Fighters: Turkey Accused of Using Chemical Weapons against PKK - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

I as well feel no remorse for the terrorists, but using chemical weapons, if indeed true, is a very very wrong move by the Turks. They are illegal for a reason, like nuclear weapons are.

Right-wing Nazi's, skinheads, Palestinians and left-wing, anti-Semitic students at American universities are cheering.

Right-wing Nazi's, skinheads, Palestinians and left-wing, anti-Semitic students at American universities are cheering.

strikes me as an odd assortment of groups which would be the only ones celebrating justice being administered
could this be due to the prism from which you are looking at it?

The Jerusalem post is a well known and, as of late, anti-Turkish propaganda outlet. The UN has failed to confirm these reports and so without conducting scientific analysis it cannot be clear, and i have not seen these pictures. I also find it highly unlikely therefore that journalists can come to a valid scientific conclusion. I feel no remorse for these terrorists, do you feel sympathetic for Hamas? I am of the opinion you are apologetic towards terrorists as of late.

The requisite attack the messenger post...except as stated above, this did not come from the jpost. But i could not help but laugh at how after using terroristic methods, you try to turn it around and excuse away hamas...

strikes me as an odd assortment of groups which would be the only ones celebrating justice being administered
could this be due to the prism from which you are looking at it?

When you are trying to pander to an ever-shrinking group of terror apologists, do try to stay consistent with the message over time...

No it's not, but this is not even coming from the Jerusalem Post, it's coming from freaking Der Spiegel.

Shocking Images of Dead Kurdish Fighters: Turkey Accused of Using Chemical Weapons against PKK - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

I as well feel no remorse for the terrorists, but using chemical weapons, if indeed true, is a very very wrong move by the Turks. They are illegal for a reason, like nuclear weapons are.

I agree with you, it would be wrong. But apart from journalists who have no scientific or actual evidence to prove this claim, i insist you are chasing your own tail.

The requisite attack the messenger post...except as stated above, this did not come from the jpost. But i could not help but laugh at how after using terroristic methods, you try to turn it around and excuse away hamas...

I'm just wondering how white phosphorus is ok to use in crowded area's in Gaza but killing terrorists with chemical weapons, even though this remains unproven, is not good? Could it be your own obvious partiality and personal agenda? I'd say yes.

I'm just wondering how white phosphorus is ok to use in crowded area's in Gaza but killing terrorists with chemical weapons, even though this remains unproven, is not good? Could it be your own obvious partiality and personal agenda? I'd say yes.

It's because supposedly all Palestinians are potential terrorists.

Just because Turkey has disagreed with a few Israeli military actions does not mean they have a suddenly become a bastion of Islamic extremism.

Ya it didn't happen suddenly but they are in fact a bastion of Islamic extremism, the current ruling party is Islamist though the government itself remains at least for now secular thanks to their Constitution.

Ya it didn't happen suddenly but they are in fact a bastion of Islamic extremism, the current ruling party is Islamist though the government itself remains at least for now secular thanks to their Constitution.

Is that a fact? or just your opinion? Can you post a credible source/referance, that Turkey is in fact a " bastion of Islamic extremism''? because i disagree that they are.

Is that a fact? or just your opinion? Can you post a credible source/referance, that Turkey is in fact a " bastion of Islamic extremism''? because i disagree that they are.

A democratically elected Islamist party now controls said government, you can't get any better evidence than that.

A bastion of Islamic extremism? I get the AKP party has an Islamic agenda, but they haven't even come close to achieving that. In fact, its rather ironic Democracy should advance the most under them. The only thing they have changed that worries me is bring out all the Islamic crazies in Turkey the secularists need to put back under a rock, and there foreign policies.

Back
Top Bottom