• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Israel 'ready' to strike Iran

MiamiFlorida said:
No need to translate the French. I know all about French objectivity. How many books have you read by Oriana Fallaci? Point out some racist comments, please. I'm dying to find out.
LOL. I started reading "La rage et l'orgueil". I stopped before the middle of the book, disgusted.

Now, you don't want me to make a translation? OK, then here are the racist parts (SOME racist parts) of the book.

soit, selon l'auteur, peu ou prou l'ensemble des " fils d'Allah " dont " la horde "ceux qui " envahissent " l'Europe sous couvert de " migration " (p. 147) et qui " se multiplie comme des rats " (p. 146).

La visée de ceux qui " au lieu de contribuer au progrès de l'humanité passent leur temps avec le derrière en l'air, à prier cinq fois par jour " (p.92)

" l'invasion " que constitue à ses yeux l'immigration (p.147).

L'heure est donc à la vigilance, à la défense (p.153) de " nos valeurs ", de " nos patries " de " notre civilisation " et " nos modes de vie " car " chez nous, il n'y a pas de place " pour leur religion et ses mœurs et même " s'il y avait de la place, je ne la leur donnerais pas " (p.153). Conclusion : " négocier avec eux est impossible. Raisonner impensable. Les traiter avec indulgence ou tolérance ou bien espoir, un suicide. Et quiconque croit le contraire est un pauvre con [sic]" (p.106).

Elle " prêche " l'offensive contre les " disciples du Coran " qui " envahissent l'Europe " et clame son " envie de tuer "

Comment pourrions-nous l'insulter de raciste " puisque ce je dis regarde une religion, pas une race " (p.90) ?
(this is absolutely classical among racists nowadays..

Do you want more? If you don't see the racism in her book, maybe you should look in your heart.

By the way, the book has been attacked in France by human right and anti-racism organisations..
Mercredi 09 octobre 2002, s’est tenu au Palais de Justice de Paris, de 15h à 18h30 à la 17e chambre civile (et non criminelle comme je le croyais) l’échange des conclusions des avocats représentant d’une part les parties civiles, c’est à dire, le Mrap (Mouvement contre le racisme et pour l’amitié entre les peuples), la Ligue des Droits de l’Homme et la Licra (Ligue contre le racisme et l’antisémitisme), et d’autre part la partie défenderesse, les éditions Plon soutenus selon leurs avocats par Oriana Fallaci. Les parties civiles demandent l’interdiction de la vente du livre "La rage et l’orgueil" d’O.Fallaci, et la publication de cette interdiction.

The link is here.

Oh, and now that I answered your question, would you be kind enough to answer mine?

CU
Y

The point is there is a double standard. Wel of coruse there is. America has its nose up the Isreali rear. They are completey controled by these people. There fanatic religous and potical support is so intense that criticsim of the country of isreal can lead to arrest in some cases.

Isreal is not trustworthy byt the average american is to clouded by dfanaticim to se that.

epr64 , Can you tranlate the french quotes on your post plz

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
Navy Pride No comment??? Its even worse than you thought. You thought Chaney did no such thing... worse yet he said we ought to do it wheather iran does anything or not.

Hey dont pretend like you dont see this.

nefarious_plot said:
America has its nose up the Isreali rear. They are completey controled by these people. There fanatic religous and potical support is so intense that criticsim of the country of isreal can lead to arrest in some cases.
The White House and the Congress of the United States are both controled by the tiny state of Israel and the American Jewish lobby? If so, then where are those advanced US Stealth fighters I have been lobbying for?

American citizens have been arrested for criticizing Israel? Lol...if so then you and dozens of other members here at DP must be posting from Gitmo.

nefarious_plot said:
Isreal is not trustworthy byt the average american is to clouded by dfanaticim to se that.
I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. Either your keyboard is clouded by dfanaticim, or this is another quote in French.

Last edited:
epr64 said:
LOL. I started reading "La rage et l'orgueil". I stopped before the middle of the book, disgusted.

Now, you don't want me to make a translation? OK, then here are the racist parts (SOME racist parts) of the book.

How about providing the racist quotes in English? 2nd request.

Wanna read Oriana in Spanish?

http://www.neoliberalismo.com/rabia3.htm

When you accuse someone of being a fascist, please give us sources we can read...in English....in my case, Spanish or Italian would do.

It's funny that you categorize this woman, who fought in the Resistance as fascist.

Here's a Wall Street Journal article on the greatest living Italian writer:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/tvaradarajan/?id=110006858

(this is absolutely classical among racists nowadays..

Do you want more? If you don't see the racism in her book, maybe you should look in your heart.

By the way, the book has been attacked in France by human right and anti-racism organisations..

The link is here.

Oh, and now that I answered your question, would you be kind enough to answer mine?

CU
Y

When you accuse someone of being a fascist, please give us sources we can read...in English....in my case, Spanish or Italian would do.

It's funny that you categorize this woman, who fought in the Resistance as fascist.

MiamiFlorida said:

Hey, mate.. YOU asked me not to translate the pieces..

No need to translate the French. I know all about French objectivity.

Or was this just a missed tentative of basic and stupid anti-french racism, as some fanatical neo-con bush lovers are developing as a local specialty?

:rofl

I will translate some of them when I've got time.

Y

Tashah said:
In closing, I'll leave you with an eye-opening little morsel to chew on. The current production version of Iranian strategic missile, the Sahab-3, can strike at most European targets. On the drawing board is the Sahab-4, which will claim North America within its deadly range.

I always enjoy your intelligent well thought out posts.
Thank you.

A US/Israeli joint effort would probably be in order to disarm Iran if the Iranian nuclear weapons plan came to fruition and the Leftists/Terrorists be damned.

In any case it appears religious extremists should not be allowed to possess a sharp intrument let alone a nuclear weapon.

Aryan Imperium said:
Hopefully it will be the end of the state of israel.Then there would be peace within the middle east.

There has not been "peace" in the middle east region in almost 3000 years.
What makes you think destroying Israel will have any effect?

Invasion will start a war. But thats what isrealis and American religous whackos want. They are no better then the claims they make about Hussien. To them everything Bin Laden and hussien didnt wasnt wrong cause of concern for humanity. It was wrong cause it was done in the name of the wrong religiion. Pathetic.

Let the Americans ALONE bomb any sites that are related to nukes.. Thats all thats needed. Invasion will not solve the issue nor disarm Iranian nukes if any exist.

Thing is America is squabbling with other nations and iran. They should have talked when wanting to goto Iraq. They ignored everybody and went. now they are talking about Iran. Iran is the country that people shouldnt need to talk about is these nukes truly exist. At the first legitimate sign of Nuclear weaponry US should have launched fighters at the sites without any hesitation at all. Ronny Ray Gun would have.

The above statement goes for any country that is busted trying to do this. N Korea also should have never gotten any furhter on nukes then the day the US new FOR SURE...they were trying to get them. I suppose thats not so simple concidering the Korean situation but the measures that were taken were patheticly lax at that time. This goes for USSR breakup also. More should have been done by America to secure the nuclear weapons laying around the former SSR's. America was to busy trying to "open markets" for money in there.

but never should this include Ground invasion. naval blockades and aviation is sufficent and does not start the messes we have now in Iraq.

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
Vice President Dick Cheney ordered Strategic Command (STRATCOM) to make contingency plans for a nuclear strike against Iran in the aftermath of another ‘9/11 type attack' on America. Included are 451 targets.

“Vice President Cheney's office has specifically told the Pentagon that the military should be prepared for an attack on Iran in the immediate aftermath of "another 9-11." That's "not conditional on Iran actually being involved in the act of terrorism directed against the United States,"

Aug 1, 2005, issue of The American Conservative.

Do your own homework. Im telling you where I got the information.

Actually if you are going to claim something its customary around here
to at least try to post a link to your source.
Ill help you out this time.

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/nuke_iran.html

La Rouche
made a huge deal of this so I guess he was not aware the military has a plan to attack every square inch of land and sea on the planet if necessary.
It is a non issue but professional protesters will latch onto this like a man grasping for a branch in a flood.

If they did not have a plan in place for it they would be remiss in their duties.

mustafa said:
I'd like to ask a question about this topic .... Why is everyone against Iran in this issue while Israel has its own nuclear agenda ... Iran said that their goal is nuclear energy while Israel is developing nuclear warheads ... not that I'm with Iran's nuclear agenda , but I would like to see your take on this point .....:2wave:

Why in god's name would Iran, one of the worlds largest oil and natural gas producers, possibly need nuclear energy?

They export Oil. What else runs their economy? They dont have an good or services to offer to anybody.

MiamiFlorida said:

1/ I translate when someone asks for it, not when you just make a lame attempt at french-bashing.

2/ I didn't call her a fascist. Please re-read my post. If you need clarifications, I'll be happy to give them to you.

Translations:

"Allah's sons are a herd invading Europe hiding under a "migration", and multiply like rats".

"those that, instead of contributing to humanity's progress, spend their time five times a day with their asses in the air praying."

"Here, there's no place for their religion and their morals, and even if there was place, I wouldn't give it to them"

"Negociating with them is impossible. Reasoning is unthinkable. Treat them with indulgence or tolerance or hope is a suicide. And anyone who believes the opposite is an total asshole"

And the classical racist stance:
"How can we talk 'bout racism, as we talk 'bout a religion".

And the simple fact that the book has been attacked by the LICRA is the best proof of the character of the book.

NOW, can you answer MY questions? Maybe I need to repeat it to you?

Iran says it wants to build civilian nuclear facilities. Do you have any proof (except fanatically anti-muslim writers, that is) that it's not true?
Why in the world could Iran not have a nuclear plant, when Pakistan has nuclear bombs, and confess it? Are you more inclined towards Pakistan (where the Taliban come from) than Iran? If so, why?

Iran knows that oil will be unavailable in some 30 years. Why don't you admit that they try to have power sources available in time? It doesn't take 1 year to develop a civilian nuclear system.

Or is it just because "you can't trust Iran"? Then, why?

Just some questions..

Y

Back
Top Bottom