• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Israel 'ready' to strike Iran

Hey Iran is a terrorist country that would love to push Israel into the sea......Its called self defense.........If the Israelis can take out those nuclear reactors more power to them........

mustafa said:
Well what do you mean by U.S nuking Iran ? If you mean with nuclear warheads , then that's really outragous ... but I don't think the U.S government is stupid to do such thing

then what the **** is dickhead chaney asking for a plan to do it for.

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
then what the **** is dickhead chaney asking for a plan to do it for.

A link please to where the next president of the U.S. said that..........

Last edited:
MiamiFlorida said:
You haven't heard a single statement?...... I see...that's enough to qualify as a ramble?

Don't you have to go to the barbershop again?

http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3460

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?edition_id=1&categ_id=2&article_id=17440

http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3321

see:

Abu Nidal organization (ANO)
Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG)
Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade
Armed Islamic Group (GIA)
‘Asbat al-Ansar
Al-Gama’a al-Islamiyya (Islamic Group, IG)
HAMAS (Islamic Resistance Movement)
Hizballah (Party of God)
Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU)
Jaish-e-Mohammed (JEM) (Army of Mohammed)
Al-Jihad (Egyptian Islamic Jihad)
Palestine Islamic Jihad (PIJ)
Palestine Liberation Front (PLF)
Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP)

Ah yes, thanks for enlightening me!

Yeah I've returned from that place you'd like to call "Barbershop" (weirdo). Interesting stuff, now that they have terrorists in their country, maybe we should shoot them! Good Going you fake Christians, maybe we should determine when they live or die.. we'll be playing God ^_^

Arch Enemy said:
Ah yes, thanks for enlightening me!

Yeah I've returned from that place you'd like to call "Barbershop" (weirdo). Interesting stuff, now that they have terrorists in their country, maybe we should shoot them! Good Going you fake Christians, maybe we should determine when they live or die.. we'll be playing God ^_^

Sorry, but I am neither Christian nor Jew. The barbershop was something you mentioned in another post. You said you'd get back to me on certain debate...but had to go get a haircut, remember?

Still waiting on your answer....

The post I made here was long before the one in the other thread. I know what you were talking about.

When I was speaking of fake Christians I was speaking of those who are for destroying Iran and they consider themselves Christians.

The post I made here was long before the one in the other thread. I know what you were talking about.

When I was speaking of fake Christians I was speaking of those who are for destroying Iran and they consider themselves Christians.

Hey I am a christian and I think we should destroy IRAN(well the regime there). I think we should destroy every inhumane regime on planet earth. Is this such a bad idea? Is it so wrong to free the world? Is it good to help people be able to make decisions for themselves? This way we can have good relations with every nation. The world will be more utopian for it.

Mabe its a stretched idea. But it is good natured.

SKILMATIC said:
Hey I am a christian and I think we should destroy IRAN(well the regime there). I think we should destroy every inhumane regime on planet earth. Is this such a bad idea? Is it so wrong to free the world? Is it good to help people be able to make decisions for themselves? This way we can have good relations with every nation. The world will be more utopian for it.

Kill them before they kill uou my friend..........That is the ticket.....You can't reason with terrorists like some Cindy Sheehan and some liberals want to do.......

SKILMATIC said:

And who the hell gave you the authority to do so ??
who the hell asked you to be mother teresa ??
who the hell made you god ??

mustafa said:
I'd like to ask a question about this topic .... Why is everyone against Iran in this issue while Israel has its own nuclear agenda ... Iran said that their goal is nuclear energy while Israel is developing nuclear warheads ... not that I'm with Iran's nuclear agenda , but I would like to see your take on this point .....:2wave:
My question remains unanswered ???
Iran said the nuclear agenda is only for Energy and Isreal is developing nuclear warheads ... so why is everyone with Israel and against Iran ??

When Israel destroyed the Iraqi nuclear reactor at Osirik in 1989, it was a very dangerous mission even though the target was singular and compacted. Iran learned valuable tactical lessons from this Israeli preemptive raid.

The Iranian nuclear program is immense. Israeli surveillance satellites and intelligence assets have identified no less than fifteen major Iranian nuclear research and development facilities and numerous minor facilities. Most of the major sites are hardened and either underground or situated within mountains.. very much like the North Korean nuclear program. What you are dealing with here is a staggering target universe of around 300 facilities.

As much as Israel would like to reprise the Osirk raid on Iranian facilities, this scenario is well beyond the capabilities of the IDF. A cursory look at the tactical situation is revelatory...

The sheer size of Iran's nuclear program highly suggests that one single (even massive) raid would not suffice to either totally destroy or seriously cripple the program. Multiple raids over several days would be necessary. All of Iran's major nuclear facilities are ringed with anti-air defensive missile platforms. A raid of this nature would require an initial tight time-frame and surely necessitate attacking at night. This implies that a huge Israeli strike force would be traversing non-Israeli air-space during daylight hours.

Another problem is distance. Many of Iran's nuclear facilities are located in the eastern portion of the country. Simply put, Israeli attack jets and bombers would have to refuel somewhere to ensure reaching their destination and then returning home safely. I can't envision Turkey, which refused the US military transit permissions before the Iraq War, allowing IDF forces either overflight rights or refueling facilities. Nor can I envision the United States allowing Iraq to be used as a forward platform for an Israeli strike force. The same political considerations negate the possibility of using American aircraft carriers for refueling purposes.

Such an attack would also require that Israel preposition submarines in the Arabian Gulf to enable cruise missle strikes. Two other raid considerations are pertinint. Israeli AWACS and EP-3 reconnasaince planes would be required for both offensive and defensive purposes. These craft are not known for their speed or manuverability, so getting them there and back safely could be a rather tricky problem. Another tricky problem would be delivering intelligence assets on the ground around Iranian facilities. These would be crucial in lasing individual targets for the JDAMS and relaying real-time BDA (Bomb Damage Assessment) reports.

All things considered, a preemptive debilitating raid on Iranian nuclear facilities would require massive air and missile strikes over a span of several days. Israel does not currently possess this tactical capability. I really don't think any nation other than the United States can project the military power necessary to accomplish this multi-faceted mission. Another poignant point to consider is that Israel is well within the range of retaliatory Iranian strategic missiles. Additionally, Iran will not hesitate to use its Hizb'allah terrorist arm to strike at global targets and within the homeland of any attacking force.

Iran's nuclear ambitions are no longer Israel's problem. It goes well beyond that now both politically and strategically. With a nuclear weapons capability, Iran will possess the tandem of nukes and oil to coerce and blackmail both real and imagined foes. It is also very likely that Iran will engage in nuclear barter with partners such as Pakistan and North Korea. WMD proliferation is another tangental downside. With huge oil revenues available, neighboring Iranian adversaries such as Saudi Arabia will seriously consider developing their own nuclear weapons.

The UN will be rather useless. Russia, China, and France all have huge investments in the Iranian military and oil complex and will veto any compliance resolutions or threatened military enforcement. Once again, the only country with the necessary resources to curtail this looming threat is the United States. In closing, I'll leave you with an eye-opening little morsel to chew on. The current production version of Iranian strategic missile, the Sahab-3, can strike at most European targets. On the drawing board is the Sahab-4, which will claim North America within its deadly range.

Great post, Tashah, very informative...and right on the money.

I'm just curious...what do you believe would be the consequences of a limited attack against Iran by Israel and/or the U.S.?

I think attacking Iran would be the biggest blunder we could ever commit. As you noted, it would be difficult to take out all of Iran's nuclear facilities, and after we attacked, the rally cry for hatred against Israel and the U.S. would drawf anything we've yet seen.

I say...let Iran do what they want to do, and try to use diplomacy to bring Iran to the negotiating table.

Hoot said:
I say...let Iran do what they want to do, and try to use diplomacy to bring Iran to the negotiating table.
:confused: Sounds like the marital advice I got from my pastor which resulted in my filing for a divorce. Not the course of action to take with Iran.

I don't think the outrage would be so epic as some believe if we let Israel take out those sites.

CSA_TX said:
When Isreal attacks Iran it is going to be then end of some Jihad Towel Head wearing SOBS.

Hopefully it will be the end of the state of israel.Then there would be peace within the middle east.

mustafa said:
My question remains unanswered ???
Iran said the nuclear agenda is only for Energy and Isreal is developing nuclear warheads ... so why is everyone with Israel and against Iran ??

You've been answered several times, but you continue to dance around the answers.

Iran can't be trusted. Period.

Iran is on the 'chopping block' next. Every terrorist who fled Iraq ended up in Iran. Laden is probably in Iran. Iran is wanting war. They know it is coming. They are arming themselves for some reason. But, nuclear capability is ten years away from them. Iran is harboring terrorists. That is a proven fact. Why?!
We have bases going up in Iraq. I feel these are not only to utilized by the Iraqi forces, but, also as stopping points for war in Iran. People are afraid of Iran. Too much has come out of Iran to just ignore. To stop now would mean us having to go back in in the next presidency or later. Do we want a fourth presidency in a row having to deal with this middleast crap. I for one-do not.
Let's get it done with if that's what it takes. I mean, really....

I don’t see it anytime soon. Searching for more on it only turned up sites that are also running the story of how bin laden got the "suitcase nukes" from Russia.
If this is so true when haven’t the major media outlets ran the story since 2003 and 2004?
I think if they did they would lose all support from the US and the rest of the west.

Don’t get me wrong here I would like nothing more to see Iran fall into a sea of fire. They supported the Hezbollah in the 1983 Marine Barracks bombing where I lost several friends.
On the other hand I do not support Israel. I still hold grudges from the harassment they gave us in Beirut and for the attack of the USS Liberty.

Navy Pride said:
A link please to where the next president of the U.S. said that..........

Vice President Dick Cheney ordered Strategic Command (STRATCOM) to make contingency plans for a nuclear strike against Iran in the aftermath of another ‘9/11 type attack' on America. Included are 451 targets.

“Vice President Cheney's office has specifically told the Pentagon that the military should be prepared for an attack on Iran in the immediate aftermath of "another 9-11." That's "not conditional on Iran actually being involved in the act of terrorism directed against the United States,"

Aug 1, 2005, issue of The American Conservative.

Do your own homework. Im telling you where I got the information.

MiamiFlorida said:
I find it very funny that you use a link to Oriana Fallaci. She is quite supported by everything filthy in Italy and Europe, like the neo-nazis and the like. Yup, it's in French, and I don't have the time to translate it..

Iran says it wants to build civilian nuclear facilities. Do you have any proof (except fanatically anti-muslim writers, that is) that it's not true?
Why in the world could Iran not have a nuclear plant, when Pakistan has nuclear bombs, and confess it? Are you more inclined towards Pakistan (where the Taliban come from) than Iran? If so, why?

Iran knows that oil will be unavailable in some 30 years. Why don't you admit that they try to have power sources available in time? It doesn't take 1 year to develop a civilian nuclear system.

Or is it just because "you can't trust Iran"? Then, why?

Just some questions..

Y

Stormflame said:
Every terrorist who fled Iraq ended up in Iran. Laden is probably in Iran.
Terrorists have flocked to Iraq, not fled from it.

Last edited:
epr64 said:
I find it very funny that you use a link to Oriana Fallaci. She is quite supported by everything filthy in Italy and Europe, like the neo-nazis and the like. Yup, it's in French, and I don't have the time to translate it..

Iran says it wants to build civilian nuclear facilities. Do you have any proof (except fanatically anti-muslim writers, that is) that it's not true?
Why in the world could Iran not have a nuclear plant, when Pakistan has nuclear bombs, and confess it? Are you more inclined towards Pakistan (where the Taliban come from) than Iran? If so, why?

Iran knows that oil will be unavailable in some 30 years. Why don't you admit that they try to have power sources available in time? It doesn't take 1 year to develop a civilian nuclear system.

Or is it just because "you can't trust Iran"? Then, why?

Just some questions..

Y

No need to translate the French. I know all about French objectivity. How many books have you read by Oriana Fallaci? Point out some racist comments, please. I'm dying to find out.

Navy Pride No comment??? Its even worse than you thought. You thought Chaney did no such thing... worse yet he said we ought to do it wheather iran does anything or not.

SKILMATIC said:

killing half the world so its more like your trailor park is not good nature. Advocating war in teh name of God is not good nature nor Xtian.

Back
Top Bottom