• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Israel Or Palestine, Who Do You Support

Who Do You Support

• Total voters

F41

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Democrat Support Dwindling for Jewish State

A Gallup poll released earlier this month shows that 59% of Americans support Israel while only 15% favor the Palestinians. At first glance these numbers are very encouraging. Support for Israel is at its highest point since the Gulf War, while support for the Palestinians has only been lower immediately after September 11. Friends of the Jewish state should rejoice at news of this overwhelming support. However, one figure from this poll shows that support for Israel can be compromised with one election.

Last week’s results showed that 77% of Republicans support Israel. This number is not surprising since the Bush administration and the current Republican controlled congress have supported Israel like a mother's unconditional love for her child. The discouraging figure is that support among Democrats has dwindled to 50%. Friends of the Jewish state need to ask “why.”

Who do you support more, Isael or Palestine?

I predict this will be in the basement in no time...

cherokee said:
I predict this will be in the basement in no time...

I hope not, I can only wish it would remain a civil debate...

I support the liberal society against the illiberal.

Israel, a nation born from tragedy and Europe's guilt trip, must be supported, must remain as a nation.
Maybe this national establishment in the heart of Palestine was not all-together right.
But, what would have YOU done ?

Again - my idea.
Make Jerusalem an international special city and place the UN there.

The Palestinians cheered when the Islamics destroyed out World Trade Center and murdered thousands of us.
Thinking of that event, the "Pals" deserve nothing !

Israel, a nation born from tragedy and Europe's guilt trip, must be supported, must remain as a nation.
It was a nation that was not "born", it was more like just picked a spot and moved the Jews there, because many of the "world powers" forced the palestinians out. I do not think that was "right", or creating a Jewish state over a Muslim one. Because I support no theocratic states, which is exactly what Israel is and majority of Palestinians want. So I fit in the "no preference" category.
The Palestinians cheered when the Islamics destroyed out World Trade Center and murdered thousands of us.
So are the ones that cheered speaking for all Palestinians? Or just a few? In any country many cheered about those things, many Israelis probably did.
Make Jerusalem an international special city and place the UN there.
Why?

Last edited:
i probably lean towards palestine but i choose no preference because i believe that both have done things bad. Palestine govs. have supported terrorists whilst israel carries out extra-judicial asassination and illegal taking of palestinion land. i come out slighty in favour of palestine because of the fact that i feel they are hard done by by the US and the international community

Willoughby said:
i probably lean towards palestine but i choose no preference because i believe that both have done things bad. Palestine govs. have supported terrorists whilst israel carries out extra-judicial asassination and illegal taking of palestinion land. i come out slighty in favour of palestine because of the fact that i feel they are hard done by by the US and the international community
Palestine as with Iran also believe Israel does not have a right to exist, and wish to destroy them, do you support this as well?

I know as with any government, there is none perfect, but what would you concider the better of the two with the above question in mind?

Palestine.

When our president went to Israel last year, officials told him something like
"There will never be normal relationships between Israel and Germany".
Israelian parlamentarians had problems with him speaking German in the Knesseth.

I have never heard a Palestinians official say, there will be no normal relationships between Palestine and Germany or that we shouldn't speak German, then they are around.

Volker said:
Palestine.

When our president went to Israel last year, officials told him something like
"There will never be normal relationships between Israel and Germany".
Israelian parlamentarians had problems with him speaking German in the Knesseth.

I have never heard a Palestinians official say, there will be no normal relationships between Palestine and Germany or that we shouldn't speak German, then they are around.
Volker,

Germany, Iran, and Palestine all have Aryan views when it comes to the Jewish people, As a matter of fact Iran (Persia) is the home of the Aryans. There comes a time for the Jewish people to forgive what has happened to their nation but they can never forget it as well.

If the Germans really do feel what they did in the past to the Jews was wrong they would except the conditions set upon them for now, and when trust was established they would most likely be lifted.

As long as Germans support a nation against Israel, there will never be normal relations between them. So, it really hurts me to say to you that I am not surprised by your statement.

Germany, Iran, and Palestine all have Aryan views when it comes to the Jewish people,
are we not adding the US to that!

Willoughby said:
are we not adding the US to that!
Although we have Aryans here, It is not or has ever been a matter of U.S. policy to have Aryan views in our intrest.

No Preferance. Both sides are repsponsible for their own actions and as a result thier own suffereings. Both sides continue in tit-for-tat killings that will just go on forever. I do feel that Palestine should have their own country - which was originally intended.

ThePhoenix said:
Volker,

Germany, Iran, and Palestine all have Aryan views when it comes to the Jewish people, As a matter of fact Iran (Persia) is the home of the Aryans. There comes a time for the Jewish people to forgive what has happened to their nation but they can never forget it as well.
The Aryans are the ancestors of some peoples in Iran and Central Asia with Persians being one of them.

The word Iran actually means "Land of the Aryans".

Palestinians don't stem from the Aryans. They are mostly Arabic.

Germans don't stem from the Aryans, they are one of the European native peoples.

What you call "Aryan views" is a theory, which is proven wrong. It comes from language similarities between Farsi (Persian), Indian and European languages. These languages indeed have a lot in common, this is because there still was cultural exchange in the early history.

But this is all. Some guys tried to make more of it in the 19th and 20th century, and this is probably what you call "Aryan views". It's proven wrong and only a small minority in Germany has this views. I don't belong to this minority.

ThePhoenix said:
If the Germans really do feel what they did in the past to the Jews was wrong they would except the conditions set upon them for now, and when trust was established they would most likely be lifted.
Yes, this is what Germans do, I guess, especially the government.

ThePhoenix said:
As long as Germans support a nation against Israel, there will never be normal relations between them. So, it really hurts me to say to you that I am not surprised by your statement.
We do not support them, because they are against Israel.

I support neither. They both will have to learn to co-exist together, whethere they like it or not. They both want the same land, why not share it?

Volker said:
I don't belong to this minority.

Yet you support those who carry on the Nazi tradition anyway.

In another thread, even when you admit the "Palestinians" are a completely modern construct whose peoplehood is entirely dependant upon only one factor -- their hatred of Jews -- you still support them 100%.

If you support the Muslim Brotherhood's Nazi infused genocidal philosophy, and if you support the degredation of women and gay prople so prevelent in "Palestinian" culture and you support the murder of Jews whose only imagined crime is that they were born in Israel, then it takes quite a stretch of the imagination to see you as supporting values in diametrical opposition to those you are actually supporting.

One cannot simultaneously support Naziism while claiming to oppose it.

Gardener said:
Yet you support those who carry on the Nazi tradition anyway.
This sentence does not make sense, because Palestinians don't carry on the Nazi tradition.

Gardener said:
In another thread, even when you admit the "Palestinians" are a completely modern construct whose peoplehood is entirely dependant upon only one factor -- their hatred of Jews -- you still support them 100%.
If something I wrote reads like this, then probably I made a mistake in expression. Or maybe you misinterpreted something. I'm pretty sure, I did not want to express this. Something like "Palestinians are dependant upon only one factor -- their hatred of Jews -- " is low level propaganda and I would not subscribe to such stuff.
Maybe you find the link, I don't know, which posting you talk about.

Gardener said:
One cannot simultaneously support Naziism while claiming to oppose it.
I do not support Nazism, I never did.
Even though I think, you can keep apart Palestinians and Nazi's, you try to mix them for propaganda reasons. This is a cheap trick, try something else.

Comrade Brian said:
It was a nation that was not "born", it was more like just picked a spot and moved the Jews there, because many of the "world powers" forced the Palestinians out.

I do not believe this to be totally true.. I do know that the Jewish people had to buy their country, piece by piece. And I strongly feel that they deserve a break by the nations of the world - of which I still hold a poor opinion. I do not think that was "right", or creating a Jewish state over a Muslim one. Hard, if not impossible to do the "right thing". Bear in mind, that as a state, Palestine never existed; much as Afghanistan today...

Because I support no theocratic states, which is exactly what Israel is and majority of Palestinians want. So I fit in the "no preference" category. IMO, it matters not if it is a theocratic or a non-God communist state(Cuba); these people have a right to exist !

So are the ones that cheered speaking for all Palestinians? Or just a few? In any country many cheered about those things, many Israelis probably did.
More male-bovine feces ! In any nation there are the extremists, then there are their supporters, followed by those who do not care.
I see this, and lump them togeter..Actually they lump themselves together.
How many Islamic have placed their lives on the line and publicly spoken out ??? How many have seen a "basic wrong" and turned in Osama bin Laden ??

Why?

The UN would be situated in the middle of the trouble zone - where the world leaders can really see(close up and personally) what is going on.
I do not care for the present situation, there is far too much fear and ignorance in the world today..
So this is my idea - does anyone have one that is better ? - rather than making excuses and doing nothing - which seems to be so prevalent today..

Volker said:
This sentence does not make sense, because Palestinians don't carry on the Nazi tradition.

Are you merely ignorant of the history of the Muslim Brotherhood and the genesis of Hamas, or are you being disengenuous here?

Volker said:
If something I wrote reads like this, then probably I made a mistake in expression. Or maybe you misinterpreted something. I'm pretty sure, I did not want to express this. Something like "Palestinians are dependant upon only one factor -- their hatred of Jews -- " is low level propaganda and I would not subscribe to such stuff.
Maybe you find the link, I don't know, which posting you talk about.

I have a very slow connection, and do not have the time to look up the link. The discussion involved the creation of this Palestinian people (out of whole cloth), and within the discussion you admitted the Palestinians were a completely modern invention and that it was their reaction to zionism -- i/e Jews -- that formed the basis of their peoplehood.

Volker said:
I do not support Nazism, I never did.
Even though I think, you can keep apart Palestinians and Nazi's, you try to mix them for propaganda reasons. This is a cheap trick, try something else.

Again, you are either acting through ignorance or deceit in your failure to acknowlege the Nazi influence in the politics of Hamas. That you supprt them so blindly means you do support Naziism, since the people you are supporting are bent upon genocide. Their media is absolutely filled with loathesome hatred of Jews and their propaganda techniques are designed as if by Goebels, himself.

As a German, you should have learned the lesson of Naziism, but it appears to me that you only give lip service to the notion since you act as such an advocate for those who wish to annihilate Jews. Good grief -- just a couple of weeks ago a Jewish man was tortured to death in a neighboring country of yours and by the very sorts of people who ascribe to this ideology to which you are lending your support. What dies it take to get your attention, anyway?

Israel. One hundred percent. I've been there about five times, and have met the Israeli's and the Palestenians. I have no issue with Israel at all. They would prefer to simply be left alone, but there truly is a lot of anti-zionist crap that the media spits out.
All to garner sympathy for the terrorist group of Hamas. As for moving the UN, hell yes!! Anywhere is fine, as long as it is out of America.

HighSpeed said:
I support neither. They both will have to learn to co-exist together, whether they like it or not. They both want the same land, why not share it?

Get real, please, NO-ONE on this planet is willing to do this! The American native did not believe in ownership of the land (at least in theory) - and I feel they are far more advanced that the so-called white man..And one can easily see where that belief got them !...
And man does not have a good record for co-existence, particularly where religion is involved.:3oops:

I think the US strongly supports Israel because it makes STRATEGIC sense for us to do so.

Gardener said:
Are you merely ignorant of the history of the Muslim Brotherhood and the genesis of Hamas, or are you being disengenuous here?
Not knowing about your conspiracy theories doesn't make me ignorant or disengenuous.

You switch from Palestinians to Hamas.

Gardener said:
I have a very slow connection, and do not have the time to look up the link. The discussion involved the creation of this Palestinian people (out of whole cloth), and within the discussion you admitted the Palestinians were a completely modern invention and that it was their reaction to zionism -- i/e Jews -- that formed the basis of their peoplehood.
The link would be good to find out, what went wrong, if there was something wrong.

Gardener said:
Again, you are either acting through ignorance or deceit in your failure ...
I don't want to comment the rest of your posting, because of your lack of manners.

The Jewish state of Israel is much like the South African apartheid. Palestine all the way!

Back
Top Bottom