• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel offered Nukes to Apartheid South Africa

I said they haven't acknowledged they have weapons. If they won't even tell people they have weapons why should anyone believe they would admit to selling them?
They have never denied having those weapons, and in this case Israel has indeed denied the offering.
Very few instances exist of any country actually selling nuclear weapons, but there are countless instances of the technology or knowledge to build them being exchanged knowingly to allow other countries to build or improve nuclear weapons. To say Israel is not doing this would basically say they are one of a kind.
That's absolutely wrong, very few nations have offered nuclear technology to other nations.

The amount of nuclear-weapons holding nations in relation to the amount of nations in the world, and in relation to the time that has passed since the nuclear weapons were invented should tell you that.

i read about this ages ago, can't remember where, but i believe the reason SA wanted nukes was because this was the height of the cold war, and if i remember correctly, russia had given some thought to what it could spend south african gold on

Re: How Israel offered to sell Nukes to South Africa

3. There is no OFFICIAL proof Israel has nukes. (The probably do but then ... they are surrounded by arabs who want them dead for no real reason).

So it would be OK for Iran to have nukes if they got out of the NPT and got nukes without "OFFICIAL poofs", since Iran is "surrounded by allies of the USA who want them dead for no real reason"?

So it would be OK for Iran to have nukes if they got out of the NPT and got nukes without "OFFICIAL poofs", since Iran is "surrounded by allies of the USA who want them dead for no real reason"?
Who wants Iran dead? :confused:

Even if Iran left the NPT, they would still be in violation of several (supposedly legally binding) UNSC Resolutions. At this point, leaving the NPT would not put Iran on solid legal footing.

Who wants Iran dead? :confused:

Except Syria, they don't really have any ally. The Saudi hate them, they were at war with Iraq during 8 years, now they're surrounded by US military bases in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Turkey, Iraq, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan...its neighbours have been invaded and are occupied by Americans and both the USA and Israel have said they'd be ready to bomb them.

And tonight, as I sign on, I was informed by member DonaldSutherd1 by pm that I would be banned by talking more on this subject, or using my current signature.

So, for all of you here. I suppose this is Au Revoir.

I will think of all of you as I do your civilian bidding in Afghanistan over the next year building Camp Leathernecks defences and other infrastructer within that nation.

God help us if we support General Petraeus and others in the General Staff who advocate a turn in direction in our foreign policy.

I myself say...Go Petraeus! AOR over Gaza and West Bank. For those that know the lingo...you know what I mean.

Au revoir.

*winks*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom