• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel needs to sign the (nuclear) non proliferation treaty

Masterhawk

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It is interesting how everybody fearmongers about how Iran has a nuclear program yet ignore Israel's nuclear capability. They probably have the capability to make a nuclear warhead right now. Although Prime minsiter Benjamin Netenyahu promised that israel would not develop a warhead first, it is striking that even Al jaezra hasn't brought it up.

NPT_parties.svg.jpg
The red countries did not sign the NPT

Israel needs to defend itself from those say they want to wipe it off the map. It must be noted, even by you Masterhawk, that Israel has never threatened to destroy any country.

It is interesting how everybody fearmongers about how Iran has a nuclear program yet ignore Israel's nuclear capability. They probably have the capability to make a nuclear warhead right now. Although Prime minsiter Benjamin Netenyahu promised that israel would not develop a warhead first, it is striking that even Al jaezra hasn't brought it up.

View attachment 67201726

I find it interesting that Israel has never called for the 12th Imam, or the inhalation of other societies, or called for world wide caliphates, or terrorized other societies through proxy.

Iran has.

View attachment 67201726

Iran is threatening to exterminate Israel. No sane human being on the planet thinks it is alright for Iran to have nukes.

View attachment 67201726

You're kidding, right ? This is a joke thread, right ? I mean NO ONE could be that uniformed, could they ?

Israel has had Nukes for YEARS...

Chuck Schumer: Passing Obamacare in 2010 Was a Mistake - The Atlantic

Israel isn't the leading State sponsor of terror, isn't ruled by a bunch of radical Islamic fascist and isn't calling for the complete annihilation of its neighbor on a regular basis.

And I thought Iran's nuclear program was for " peaceful purposes ? No ?

View attachment 67201726
Wow!

Isreal's had the bomb since the '60's! :doh

Israel needs to defend itself from those say they want to wipe it off the map. It must be noted, even by you Masterhawk, that Israel has never threatened to destroy any country.

Israel has had nuclear capabilities for years. If I recall correctly it's more or less an open secret that if the Arabs had gotten just a little bit further into Israel during the Yom Kippur War they would have launched.

Israel needs to sign the (nuclear) non proliferation treaty
Israel is a sovereign state that has the right to decide for themselves which treaties they do or do not sign.

It is interesting how everybody fearmongers about how Iran has a nuclear program yet ignore Israel's nuclear capability.
It is against the law for Iran to develop nuclear weapons. Israel's nuclear weapons are 100% legal.

They probably have the capability to make a nuclear warhead right now. Although Prime minsiter Benjamin Netenyahu promised that israel would not develop a warhead first, it is striking that even Al jaezra hasn't brought it up.
Israel has had nuclear warheads for half a century now.

Israel has had nuclear capabilities for years. If I recall correctly it's more or less an open secret that if the Arabs had gotten just a little bit further into Israel during the Yom Kippur War they would have launched.
I'm not sure at which point Golda Meir would have authorized the use of nukes. As the war actually happened, her top generals pushed hard to launch nukes at Damascus and Cairo, and she said no.

After the war, Israel was unhappy with the fact that their only nuclear option in response to invasion had been a large strategic strike, and it appears that they've done something about that.

In 1979 a 1kt nuclear explosion was detected over a remote part of the Indian Ocean. Every country in the world except Israel has been ruled out as a possible source of this explosion. South Africa used to also be a suspect, but when they dismantled their nuclear program and released all their records it became clear that it wasn't them. Since then Israel has maintained a battery of 8-inch artillery in very high readiness, despite 8-inch artillery being obsolete for any modern purpose other than launching tactical atomic shells.

'Open secret' comes under the same heading as 'Some people say that .... ' and 'I have read on the internet that ...' and apologists for Islamic terrror believe that .... '.
I

'Open secret' comes under the same heading as 'Some people say that .... ' and 'I have read on the internet that ...' and apologists for Islamic terrror believe that .... '.
I
One has to be able (or learn) to tell the difference between what is just a raving opinion piece on the net (individual or blogged or individual citing blog-type "source") and what is the actual citing of reputable news sources.

The trick (and not rocket science at all) lies in double and triple checking anything on the net, before affording it some credence or dismissing it altogether.

As such, Haaretz, where generally criticized alone on being Israeli, is generally objective.

Did Israel Ever Consider Using Nuclear Weapons? - Haaretz - Israel News Haaretz.com

View attachment 67201726

Has Israel threatened to wipe other countries off the map? :roll:

Iran sponsors terrorism, but we gotta watch out for those eeeee-vil Jooos. :roll: :roll:

View attachment 67201726

That's it. Everybody has to take a basic facts test before participating in any discussion on a foreign country.

It is against the law for Iran to develop nuclear weapons. Israel's nuclear weapons are 100% legal.

"It is against the law for Iran to develop nuclear weapons", Just one question if I may, who's law is it against?

"It is against the law for Iran to develop nuclear weapons", Just one question if I may, who's law is it against?

Iran signed the NPT, they got nuclear technology from Russia and Germany because they signed the treaty, if they will develop nuclear weapons they will violate the treaty, same treaty that gave them nuclear technology in the first place.

Iran signed the NPT, they got nuclear technology from Russia and Germany because they signed the treaty, if they will develop nuclear weapons they will violate the treaty, same treaty that gave them nuclear technology in the first place.

And has Israel signed this treaty?.

And has Israel signed this treaty?.

No but how is this relevant? Israel's nuclear reactors are standing before the treaty, Israel didn't manipulate the treaty in order to develop its nuclear program.

No but how is this relevant? Israel's nuclear reactors are standing before the treaty, Israel didn't manipulate the treaty in order to develop its nuclear program.

No Israel lied, cheated and stole to develop nuclear weapons, so what is the difference, there isn't

No Israel lied, cheated and stole to develop nuclear weapons, so what is the difference, there isn't

No? No what? Israel's nuclear reactors were built before the NPT was formed, Israel didn't abuse the treaty. If a country can sign the treaty, purchase nuclear technology and then use it to develop nuclear weapons and go unpunished what good is this treaty for?

No? No what? Israel's nuclear reactors were built before the NPT was formed, Israel didn't abuse the treaty. If a country can sign the treaty, purchase nuclear technology and then use it to develop nuclear weapons and go unpunished what good is this treaty for?

What a load of rubbish, do you every listen to yourself you would make a good Politian, as they lie all the time and that is what Bibi does

What a load of rubbish, do you every listen to yourself you would make a good Politian, as they lie all the time and that is what Bibi does

What exactly is rubbish? This is the second time you dismiss what I wrote without giving any argument.

Did Israel not have nuclear reactors before the NPT?
Do you think that countries who violate treaties they signed should not be punished by the international community?

Israel lied, cheated and stole to develop nuclear weapons,
I doubt that is the case, but it wouldn't matter even if it were true.

so what is the difference, there isn't
There is a considerable difference. When Iran signed the NPT it became illegal for them to develop nuclear weapons.

Since Israel has not signed the NPT it remains legal for them to have nuclear weapons.

Last edited:
I doubt that is the case, but it wouldn't matter even if it were true.

There is a considerable difference. When Iran signed the NPT it became illegal for them to develop nuclear weapons.

Since Israel has not signed the NPT it remains legal for them to have nuclear weapons.

I'm sorry but I was censored by the moderator the last time I spoke on this subject and warned for calling someone a ++++++++ artice, I suppose it's one way to stop free speech, I wonder if Bibi was involved?

Back
Top Bottom