• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel makes another family homeless

Another day, another round of agitprop designed to demonize the Jewish state.

It's like death and taxes........

and another unjust action by israel.

Israel enforces the rule of law in East Jerusalem.
Houses that are being built illegally, whether by a Jewish or an Arab civilian, will be demolished.
That happens in Tel-Aviv, Haifa, Jerusalem, and all of the other cities that are under the control of the Israeli state.
That the world doesn't recognize Israel's control of East Jerusalem is one thing, that it acts surprised every time Israel enforces the rule of law there and acts as if it is another part of its country is simply weird and is kinda like crying wolf.

Houses that are being built illegally, whether by a Jewish or an Arab civilian, will be demolished.
That happens in Tel-Aviv, Haifa, Jerusalem, and all of the other cities that are under the control of the Israeli state.

That doesn't happen in the illegal colonies

Yeah, you might as well add death and taxes to the list of accusations against the Jewish state. I'm sure they are responsible for both.

It's the Israeli's who don't want peace, violating resolution's with illegal expansion of settlements, deliberately killing any chance of a 2-state solution.

so you're saying the palestinians want peace and a 2 state solution? hogwash.

Yeah, you might as well add death and taxes to the list of accusations against the Jewish state. I'm sure they are responsible for both.

Your right, we should considering Israel drains 2.55 Billion dollars a year from hardworking American tax payers and uses the money to kill Palestinians with high tec equipment. I wonder what Israel would do if they are cut off from this welfare program?

Your right, we should considering Israel drains 2.55 Billion dollars a year from hardworking American tax payers and uses the money to kill Palestinians with high tec equipment. I wonder what Israel would do if they are cut off from this welfare program?

there's a reason we support israel to the extent we do. we need a powerful ally in the region.

You’re obviously a very pro-Palestinian individual and love to surf the internet searching for items that cast (only) Israel in a bad light. A fairly sophomoric and banal shtick.

Come now. Do you have anything - even a tiny morsel - of substance and insight to offer us? What are your solutions to the many intractable I/P problems that exist today? What can the Palestinians themselves do to facilitate a peaceful settlement? Articulate your thoughts and solution concerning the Fatah and Hamas split. Do you favor a 1 state solution? 2 state solution? 3 state solution? Do you possess any sensible and realistic ideas at all on how everyone can go forward?

Or are you simply a thoughtless Copy and Paste artist, content with the negative and foreign to possibility? This is your golden opportunity to shine 1948theft and dazzle us with your personal peace-manifesto. Either you have a measure of intellectual substance or you are a trolling cipher. Which is it? The proverbial ball is now in your court.

That doesn't happen in the illegal colonies

That's not true, Israel has destroyed countless of illegally built settlers' outposts in the West Bank before.

That's not true, Israel has destroyed countless of illegally built settlers' outposts in the West Bank before.

There are still several dozens of thousands of houses to demolish then

That does not address the current settlement policy taken by Israel in Occupied East Jerusalem. In fact, there is no settlement freeze:
New Housing Approved in Beitar Illit - Politics & Gov't - Israel News - Israel National News

The article mentions an important detail:

The construction in Beitar Illit received a permit long ago, under the Olmert government, but foundations have not been laid, due to “infrastructure problems and safety issues.” For this reason, Barak granted the project an exemption from the freeze.

Beitar Illit, located just north of Gush Etzion and west of Bethlehem, is Judea and Samaria's 2nd-largest Jewish city, with over 37,000 residents.

The approval did not constitute a new project. It concerned one that was approved a long time ago.

The article mentions an important detail:

The approval did not constitute a new project. It concerned one that was approved a long time ago.

Yes, I believe we have explained it to Degreez the last three times he was posting this article.
Barak even decalres there that the specific project is an exemption from the freeze, meaning that the freeze does not cover it, since it's a structure that its building was approved before the freeze, and since the freeze is a freezing in the approval of new houses, not a freezing in the building of the already approved structures.

I know you read my POST 34 because you stayed here perusing the thread for another ten minutes after I posted. Then you logged out without comment.

Still waiting 1948theft. I eagerly look forward to reading your “position post”.

You’re obviously a very pro-Palestinian individual and love to surf the internet searching for items that cast (only) Israel in a bad light
The only news that is reported on a daily basis coming out of Israel on a daily basis is the destruction of Palestinian homes, confiscation of their lands that they have been living on for generations,murder of women and children. If that cast's Israel in a bad light please forgive me. Something that particulary upsets me is what Israel does to the Palestinian Children, for example
Defence for Children International (DCI) recently released a report on children in Israeli prisons. On individual, confidential questioning of children who have been or are currently in prison, 69% of them have been beaten, 81% have signed forced confessions, 50 of them had been subjected to severe torture - beatings with metal bars and limbs broken. An Israeli soldier stated to 'Breaking the Silence' in 2009: " We treat children roughly even though we know the vast majority are innocent. This is how we are trained to get information."
http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...ticle_comments
Come now. Do you have anything - even a tiny morsel - of substance and insight to offer us? What are your solutions to the many intractable I/P problems that exist today?
My solution would for Israel to go back to the 1967 borders and give arab East Jerusalem to the Palestinians.
What can the Palestinians themselves do to facilitate a peaceful settlement? Articulate your thoughts and solution concerning the Fatah and Hamas split. Do you favor a 1 state solution? 2 state solution? 3 state solution? Do you possess any sensible and realistic ideas at all on how everyone can go forward?
the P.A. authority, are the best possible partners for peace at this time, but they look weak to their own people because of the settlement expansion and house demolitions by Israel in the west bank and east jerusalem, if Israel halts these actions, it would help their credibility in their own peoples minds.Recently the P.A. received fifty armored vehicles for their security forces, but they were not equiped with any weapons,Israel should allow them to arm themselves with superior equipment than hamas.Let them show the people in the west bank and Gaza that Abbas is winning concessions for the Palestinians not hamas.When the people in Gaza see their best choice is Abbas and are allowed to travel to and from the west bank, they will see the light. Allow a strengthened and well equiped p.a. authority to confront hamas and take control of gaza, or maybe un troops can come to help out in Gaza also if the situation deteriotes there. Israeli forces have one of the best militaries in the world, so arming the p.a. authority is no real threat to israel.
Or are you simply a thoughtless Copy and Paste artist
I hope not.

Yes, I believe we have explained it to Degreez the last three times he was posting this article.
Barak even decalres there that the specific project is an exemption from the freeze, meaning that the freeze does not cover it, since it's a structure that its building was approved before the freeze, and since the freeze is a freezing in the approval of new houses, not a freezing in the building of the already approved structures.

amused by your "logic" that there is no freeze on building if the building permit was issued prior to the freeze

no doubt you would also be OK with the Palestinian position that despite assurances it would fire no rockets, that those rockets which were loaded before such a commitment was made could be fired at israel without violating the understanding [/s]

The only news that is reported on a daily basis coming out of Israel on a daily basis is the destruction of Palestinian homes, confiscation of their lands that they have been living on for generations,murder of women and children. If that cast's Israel in a bad light please forgive me. Something that particulary upsets me is what Israel does to the Palestinian Children, for example
Come now. Anyone can post negative material concerning either antagonist. There are two sides to every coin and the internetz is chock full of them. Any moron can surf the web and find negativity regarding a confrontation that has endured for over 60 years.

My solution would for Israel to go back to the 1967 borders and give arab East Jerusalem to the Palestinians.
That 1967 border solution is unlikely to happen. Even the PA realizes this reality and is not adverse to land swaps.

the P.A. authority, are the best possible partners for peace at this time, but they look weak to their own people because of the settlement expansion and house demolitions by Israel in the west bank and east jerusalem, if Israel halts these actions, it would help their credibility in their own peoples minds.
Israel has unilaterally stopped all external settlement expansion in the WB. This expansion freeze is due to expire in September. East Jerusalem was not included in the expansion freeze. Any concessions that Palestine receives regarding EJ will have to be hammered out in negotiations.

Recently the P.A. received fifty armored vehicles for their security forces, but they were not equiped with any weapons,Israel should allow them to arm themselves with superior equipment than hamas. Let them show the people in the west bank and Gaza that Abbas is winning concessions for the Palestinians not hamas. When the people in Gaza see their best choice is Abbas and are allowed to travel to and from the west bank, they will see the light. Allow a strengthened and well equiped p.a. authority to confront hamas and take control of gaza, or maybe un troops can come to help out in Gaza also if the situation deteriotes there. Israeli forces have one of the best militaries in the world, so arming the p.a. authority is no real threat to israel.
I agree. It seems by the sentiment expressed above that you lean towards Fatah. One problem is that Abbas is no longer the PA president because his term has expired. When are the next elections in the WB and which candidate (Abbas has said he will not seek re-election) would you support and why?

I hope not.
Then stop with the insipid grade-school negative threads. This accomplishes nothing except birthing threads that go bad and wind up being closed. If you want change and progress, then you have to engage in civil and adult dialog. We all desire the same thing which is a fair and lasting peace. Anything less than honest dialog is counterproductive and a waste of time and bandwidth.

Come now. Anyone can post negative material concerning either antagonist. There are two sides to every coin and the internetz is chock full of them. Any moron can surf the web and find negativity regarding a confrontation that has endured for over 60 years.
Sure, everyone can post negative material concerning either antogonist, but i check out israeli,palestinian and american sources on a daily basis, the vast majority of the headlines read palestinian homes demolished or a palestinian village is being encircled and choked off from a normal daily life..etc
That 1967 border solution is unlikely to happen. Even the PA realizes this reality and is not adverse to land swaps.
o.k., but im not sure how a country that is going to be so spliced up in a ''non-connecting'' manner can function normally?
[Israel has unilaterally stopped all external settlement expansion in the WB. This expansion freeze is due to expire in September. East Jerusalem was not included in the expansion freeze. Any concessions that Palestine receives regarding EJ will have to be hammered out in negotiations.
When it expires and expansion resumes, isn't that counterproductive on Israel's part? Im sure if a vast majority of arab east jerusalem is swallowed up there will be no chance for a solution, isn't that counterproductive on Israel's part (again)? if it truly desires peace.
I agree. It seems by the sentiment expressed above that you lean towards Fatah. One problem is that Abbas is no longer the PA president because his term has expired. When are the next elections in the WB and which candidate (Abbas has said he will not seek re-election) would you support and why?
ya, it slipped my mind about abbas for a moment.I would support abbas if he would seek re-election,as whoever replaces him wouldnt make much of a difference(he is as moderate as you can get anyways) because israel's steady hawkish views on vital issues wouldnt be affected by any candidate.
Then stop with the insipid grade-school negative threads. This accomplishes nothing except birthing threads that go bad and wind up being closed. If you want change and progress, then you have to engage in civil and adult dialog. We all desire the same thing which is a fair and lasting peace. Anything less than honest dialog is counterproductive and a waste of time and bandwidth.
As far as my threads, I post whats going on..in reality on the ground, so when peace ''sours'' people are aware of what incrimentally lead to them. I don't post made up fantasy stories..just whats going on. as far as engaging in civil adult dialogue, can you point out to me where i personally attacked anyone? We all desire a fair and lasting peace, but it seems the Palestinians are being offered the crumbs of the pizza.My threads are not meant to offend, but why let the palestinians suffer in silence? why have the destruction of their livelyhoods swept quickly under the rug?

Sure, everyone can post negative material concerning either antogonist, but i check out israeli,palestinian and american sources on a daily basis, the vast majority of the headlines read palestinian homes demolished or a palestinian village is being encircled and choked off from a normal daily life..etc
Anybody can cherry-pick. This takes no talent and is actually kinda boring. Everyone is already aware that neither the Palestinians nor the Israelis are saints.

o.k., but im not sure how a country that is going to be so spliced up in a ''non-connecting'' manner can function normally?
This is indeed a problem. An underground connecting corridor similar to the Britain/France Tube has been suggested.

When it expires and expansion resumes, isn't that counterproductive on Israel's part? Im sure if a vast majority of arab east jerusalem is swallowed up there will be no chance for a solution, isn't that counterproductive on Israel's part (again)? if it truly desires peace.
The majority of Israelis want WB expansion to cease until a mutual settlement is reached which addresses all WB issues. Indeed, there is no Israeli poster on this board who favors additional WB expansion.

ya, it slipped my mind about abbas for a moment.I would support abbas if he would seek re-election,as whoever replaces him wouldnt make much of a difference(he is as moderate as you can get anyways) because israel's steady hawkish views on vital issues wouldnt be affected by any candidate.
You tend to forget that Bibi is not PM for life. The Israeli people have the power to change governments.

As far as my threads, I post whats going on..in reality on the ground, so when peace ''sours'' people are aware of what incrimentally lead to them. I don't post made up fantasy stories..just whats going on. as far as engaging in civil adult dialogue, can you point out to me where i personally attacked anyone? We all desire a fair and lasting peace, but it seems the Palestinians are being offered the crumbs of the pizza.My threads are not meant to offend, but why let the palestinians suffer in silence? why have the destruction of their livelyhoods swept quickly under the rug?
I could post tidbits from the IDF 24-hour-ticker all day long. It wouldn't accomplish anything except add to the polarization between both camps. I would rather find commonalities between our peoples and search for ways to end the distrust and antagonism. Israel is not going anywhere. Palestine is not going anywhere. Like it or not, we are bound at the hip. We can continue in the negative vein until hell freezes over, or we can reach out for positives that make our existence friendly and cordial. The choices are ours to make. Only we can decide our future.

btw 1948 theft. A very hard-core Palestinian who posts here requested friendship with my sister and she accepted. Check it out if you want - Jenin/Tashah. Such a friendship is an example of what honest dialog can accomplish.

Last edited:
It's even worse than just destroying "illegal" houses in a foreign country that is being illegally occupied, it's doing so while allowing hundreds of thousands of settlers to illegally colonise West Bank.

Or maybe it was a dangerous secret chocolate factory :p

There is no illegal occupation by Israel.

1948Theft -

Notwithstanding your Nic, your appeal to sympathy, and consensus, is disingenuous at best.

When the people in Gaza see their best choice is Abbas and are allowed to travel to and from the west bank, they will see the light

Abbas isn't going to run. But, aside from that, how exactly will the Palestinian people see the light on Israel? They teach that Israeli (Jews) eat muslim babies for God's sake. That Jews are pigs, and need to be slaughtered. They teach this in their school textbooks.

Tim-

There is no illegal occupation by Israel.
The earth is also flat :lamo
Notwithstanding your Nic, your appeal to sympathy, and consensus, is disingenuous at best.
I posted actual fiscal data.:shock:
Abbas isn't going to run. But, aside from that, how exactly will the Palestinian people see the light on Israel? They teach that Israeli (Jews) eat muslim babies for God's sake. That Jews are pigs, and need to be slaughtered. They teach this in their school textbooks.
read one of my recent posts in this thread, i gave my thoughts on that.

p.s. im attempting to be nice as i can in this response, for shayah :2wave:

The earth is also flat :lamo

I posted actual fiscal data.:shock:

read one of my recent posts in this thread, i gave my thoughts on that.

Yes, well the Earth may be round, but my challenge to you that Israel is illegally occupying Palestine is still pending.

Also, I re-read the thread and am not seeing where you addressed the point I made about not being able to have Palestinians see the light, when they are breed to hate everything Jew?

Tim-

ThankQ kindly 48 :2wave:

My sister Tashah will be here in the morning. Please extend to her the same courtesy.

This just seems like more anti-Israeli propaganda to me. Illegal housing gets demolished, so what? What about the homes and schools Palestinians have damaged via rockets?

Back
Top Bottom