• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Israel continues to violate ceasefire with Lebanon, sees no irony

I do have something to add actually

What is not verifiable Ido ?

That the armed men had been evacuated from the camps ? Google for that
That Beirut was under Israeli control ? Google for that
That the IDF surrounded the camps and therefore responsible for the security of the cicilians left behind ? Google for that
That Beirut had been separated since 1975 and the Christians had not set foot there since then ? Google for that
That the camps were in the heart of West Beirut which was under Israeli control ? Frigging Google for that
That Bashir Gemayel was appointed President ? Google
That he had just gotten assassinated and the Christians sought revenge ? Google
That the IDF around the camps knew exactly what was going on inside the camps , they reported and were told to ignore and shoot flare bombs instead ? Leave your desk, go find some soldiers who were there at that time and ask them. You are in Israel and you can do it.
That the Israeli positions were so close to the camps that they could see and hear everything ? I'm Lebanese, I know the camps too well and I have verified that.I'm sure you might be able to find a map somewhere on Google.

A terrorist is a person who kills innocent civilians for political reasons. Sharon did not do it himself but knowingly allowed his puppets to do it. therefore Sharon is a terrorist and the Israelis voted for a terrorist as Prime Minister. He did it the Western style. Don't get personally involved, send your allies to do the dirty job, flare proxy wars, stay clean and diplomatic.

That is the point. Israel will not ever let itself be a victim again. Some people dont like that.

Israel has never been a victim.

Not every one hates or demonises Israel, just those who drink the anti Israel kool aid and those with an anti Israel agenda.

Who is presenting the hate?

Israel is not perfect and there is plenty to be critical of but there is a difference between legitimate critisism and the hate and demonization that comes from the anti-Israel crowd which reeks of hypocracy, double standards, twisted truth, outright lies and even the ridiculous

what is the demonisation, hypocracy, double standards, twisted truth, outright lies and the riduclous you are speaking of?

Not true as you would not blame Israel for much of what you do.

Look back over threads and you will find Mira does not just criticise one side.

I dont think most anyone considers Israel an angel but Israel is demonised and would be the victim if she allowed it.

Israel has never been a victim.

If Israel is not, as you say everyone knows she is not, an angel, then why do you have such a problem when someone is pointing out an area in which she is not an angel but rather has colluded at least in the mass murder of civilians or, if what Mira says and the information she provided is true, actually set it up.

We all know that Israel did not kill the people in the refugee camps. Mira did not say they did do it personally. I have heard Israelis themselves saying how sick they felt being forced to stay outside while they could hear the slaughter going on and knew they could stop it at the drop of a hat.

Elie Hobeika announces to the Lebanese press that he is ready to testify against Sharon in Brussels and just before the hearing he gets assassinated ?? how convenient is that ?

and then US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld travels to Brussels and threatens to withdraw the Nato headquarters from Belgium ? What a great coincidence. :doh

That is the point. Israel will not ever let itself be a victim again. Some people dont like that.

Not every one hates or demonises Israel, just those who drink the anti Israel kool aid and those with an anti Israel agenda.

Israel is not perfect and there is plenty to be critical of but there is a difference between legitimate critisism and the hate and demonization that comes from the anti-Israel crowd which reeks of hypocracy, double standards, twisted truth, outright lies and even the ridiculous

Not true as you would not blame Israel for much of what you do.

I dont think most anyone considers Israel an angel but Israel is demonised and would be the victim if she allowed it.

Spot on as usual, Joe.

Moderator's Warning:
Thread closed and archived. Things have moved into a literal "trash time" phase whereby messages are overly personal, grossly inaccurate statements are being made, etc. Discussion/debate has ceased to be productive.

Back
Top Bottom