• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel braces for regional escalation ahead of Ahmadinejad's Lebanon visit

He's an attention whore who loves juvenile antics.

So you're saying he's an average politician.

There seems yo be an awful lot of venom and hate on this site. I wonder if health professionals do studies on these rants.

Therefore you decided it was best to respond with more venom and hate. Makes sense. Stay classy my friend.

On the issue of incorrect 9/11 beliefs, what was President Ahmadinejad's explation for 9/11 in his most recent speech before the UNGA? One might expect people who don't always follow events closely and are not privy to national security information to make mistakes (as happened among many Americans with respect to incorrectly connecting Saddam Hussein to 9/11). But when leaders who are privy to such information e.g., Mr. Ahmadinejad, offer conspiracy theories, that's far worse as they should know better and are in a position to make policy based on their flawed beliefs.

While I think allegations of Israeli involvement are mistaken that does not mean the official account is reliable. You should read some of what Sibel Edmonds has said about pre-911 activities and look into the background of Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Midhar, two of the hijackers, especially look at the circumstances surrounding their time in California.

So you're saying he's an average politician.

Therefore you decided it was best to respond with more venom and hate. Makes sense. Stay classy my friend.

While I think allegations of Israeli involvement are mistaken that does not mean the official account is reliable. You should read some of what Sibel Edmonds has said about pre-911 activities and look into the background of Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Midhar, two of the hijackers, especially look at the circumstances surrounding their time in California.

Watch it sir!! You might be coming down with "incorrect 9/11 belief's" syndrome....

Last edited:
I think you are missing the point for 2 reasons.

Firstly, given the fact he is a leader of prominence, his gesture could very well incite, i.e., trigger thousands of civilians to start throwing rocks.

Secondly, throwing rocks of giving the finger is what we expect of people who are not rational. Visionaries such as Ghandi and Martin Luther King did not create the legacies they did giving people the finger.

Surely we can all do better then that and encourage ourselves to do far more eloquent things with the gift of thought, reason and and speech we were given.

So in other words you just called me irrantional. Glad to see you Mika-EL after all this time ...

Allright then, next them I'm on the border, I'll blow a kiss toward Israel :roll:

So in other words you just called me irrantional. Glad to see you Mika-EL after all this time ...

Allright then, next them I'm on the border, I'll blow a kiss toward Israel :roll:

Don't blow anything towards Israel please. :2razz:

He's a donkey fart, pardon my French. And he acts like one too - annoying and impossible to ignore

This is how much of an idiot this guy is, he is going to travel all the way to Lebanon just to throw rocks at people. :rofl
Now i know by middle east standards this is normal, but for a leader of a country with significant power to engage in such childish nuisance is pathetic.

No the ultimate insult would be shoes. :lamo Personally I don't believe he will or would do it. I think someone fabricated this. I doubt they'd be stupid enough to put a head of state in a dangerous position like this.

I'd love to see how he reacts to rubber bullets and tear gas. Hey can they fire rubber bullets on automatic mode? Now that would be cool!

Headline: "The Middle East is Out of Control!

After a the head of state of Iran symbolically threw a rock at Israeli soldiers, what one Israeli soldier thought were rubber bullets turned out to be the real thing!

Last edited:
No the ultimate insult would be shoes. :lamo Personally I don't believe he will or would do it. I think someone fabricated this. I doubt they'd be stupid enough to put a head of state in a dangerous position like this.

I'd love to see how he reacts to rubber bullets and tear gas. Hey can they fire rubber bullets on automatic mode? Now that would be cool!

You can pretty much put them in a friggin' machine gun, those are still bullets after all, but they need to be of the right caliber.

You can pretty much put them in a friggin' machine gun, those are still bullets after all, but they need to be of the right caliber.

emm.. not the kind I know.... you fire them like those old muskets where you had to put gun powder first and then the metal spherical bullet.
They come in a case of 3 (called tampons) and slide into a special barrel which is fitted on the rifle's barrel, you load a magazine of blank cartridges and when fired they create the impulse to fire out the rubber bullets.

98467678.jpg

emm.. not the kind I know.... you fire them like those old muskets where you had to put gun powder first and then the metal spherical bullet.
They come in a case of 3 (called tampons) and slide into a special barrel which is fitted on the rifle's barrel, you load a magazine of blank cartridges and when fired they create the impulse to fire out the rubber bullets.

98467678.jpg

That's what we're using, yes, but I'm assuming it's not impossible to fire rubber bullets in a machine gun.

By the way I really wonder why it's such a backwards mechanism, but it probably makes one feel like he's fighting in the American civil war.

Last edited:
It's odd then that an Iranian in this thread agreed 100% that Ahmadinijad is dangerous and a total dumbass.

Can I say this. I hate generalizations. I hate it when people generalize that because I am Jewish and support Israel's right to exist I hate Palestinians or I agree blindly with everything Israel does. What makes it even more absurd is the stereotype that people think Jews or Israelis can agree on anything LOL!

That said and in seriousness, I hate it when people generalize about all Iranians because of the politics of their politicians.

I hate it when people assume all Iranians follow their leader blindly or all Israelis or Palestinians just follow their leaders blindly....

..that said...living in Toronto we have a large Iranian population and if anything when I have spoken to Iranians most of them came to Canada to get away from religious fundamentalism precisely because they are Western and believe in democracy and seperation of religion from state, etc.

We forget in Iran how many people died or were tortured or imprisoned or live under threat for trying to stand up to its current regime particularly after it became clear the current leader fixed the elections.

I think it would be illogical to think every Iranian thinks like he does. The Muslim clergy that run their current theocracy I can not imagine are in touch with the average Iranian. Have you known any religious clergy to be in any organized religion?

The Iranians I know are very concerned. They want a democracy in their country. They are not anti-Western. They are just hard working stiffs like you and me and many are stressed out having relatives back in that country.

Look I am no Pollyanna. I know there are fundamentalist extremists in Iran. All I am saying is there are people no different then you and me there as well.

So for me when I hear they have who I consider to be a crackpot leader, my personal reaction is not to blame or hate them but to worry for them and their future.

To see the hatred that comes from this man directed against Israelis, Bahaiis, gays, women, atheists, trade unionists, journalists, student activists, opposition leaders, etc., is scary....but the point is he is just as dangerous to Iranians as he is anyone else.

That is why I hope for their sake, for the sake of Iranians, they can hear that people like me, Jews who support Israel's right to exist, do not hate Iranians, Muslims, Palestinians. We just worry for the same reasons they do that extremist leaders and terrorists dettract from we the people-the typical people who are not violent and just want to have the same things, i.e., live in peace.

I can only hope his bafoon behaviour if it does come to pass in Lebanon during a photo op, does not trigger street riots, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom