• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel begins giving COVID shots to children age 5 to 11

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

"The country recently emerged from a fourth COVID wave and daily infections have been relatively low for the last few weeks. But Health Ministry statistics show that a large share of the new infections have been in children and teenagers.

Children age 5 to 11 make up nearly half of active cases. Officials hope the new inoculation campaign will help bring down the numbers and perhaps stave off a new wave."

Half the cases for a small age group...

1637806117801.png

Huh, interesting. Currently, the Israelis are the only ones that have published studies that the science-rejectors and anti-vaxxers and far-righties in general are clinging to in order to sell "acquiring immunity thru getting covid" because the study says they've found that that type of immunity is 'stronger' than by vaccination.

I wonder why they're vaccinating their kids then? Why are they recommending that? Why not let them be exposed and acquire the 'better' version of immunity?

Huh, interesting. Currently, the Israelis are the only ones that have published studies that the science-rejectors and anti-vaxxers and far-righties in general are clinging to in order to sell "acquiring immunity thru getting covid" because the study says they've found that that type of immunity is 'stronger' than by vaccination.

I wonder why they're vaccinating their kids then? Why are they recommending that? Why not let them be exposed and acquire the 'better' version of immunity?
first of all, the idea that israeli government is uniquely beholden to science is a false one.

but the government's hope is that the vaccine will lower children's share of active cases.

thing is, i'm skeptical. Israel has exponential population growth, so if everyone/most people are already immune, then it only makes sense that, as far as israel is concerned, children will have an outsized share of cases.

but we'll have to see.

'Big Eye' will be along in a minute advising us that the virus only attacks the old, and children are highly unlikely to contract the disease.

first of all, the idea that israeli government is uniquely beholden to science is a false one.

I'm glad that's not my idea...where have you found that?

but the government's hope is that the vaccine will lower children's share of active cases.

This should be obvious.

thing is, i'm skeptical. Israel has exponential population growth, so if everyone/most people are already immune, then it only makes sense that, as far as israel is concerned, children will have an outsized share of cases.

but we'll have to see.
I'm missing your point in your response.

'Big Eye' will be along in a minute advising us that the virus only attacks the old, and children are highly unlikely to contract the disease.
yeah, they have to make up anything they can so their propaganda will work.

There is no reason to want children to get sick and die when they could have been vaccinated. I will never understand why people think we should expect everyone who gets covid to develop natural immunity with no symptoms.

Children's hospitals all over the United States are proof elementary school students need the Pfizer vaccine too. Luckily, the FDA has approved it for the 6-11 age group. Now we are waiting for full approval of all three vaccines starting at age 6 including booster shots.

There is no reason to want children to get sick and die when they could have been vaccinated. I will never understand why people think we should expect everyone who gets covid to develop natural immunity with no symptoms.

Children's hospitals all over the United States are proof elementary school students need the Pfizer vaccine too. Luckily, the FDA has approved it for the 6-11 age group. Now we are waiting for full approval of all three vaccines starting at age 6 including booster shots.
maybe some Americans don't care if some kids die of COVID.

Maybe some Americans don't care if some kids die of COVID.

They want everyone at least six years old to get covid.

I am still waiting for people to show me undeniable proof from totally unbiased, information-only sources that they are more likely to be killed by COVID-19 vaccines than the SARS CoV-2 itself.

"The country recently emerged from a fourth COVID wave and daily infections have been relatively low for the last few weeks. But Health Ministry statistics show that a large share of the new infections have been in children and teenagers.

Children age 5 to 11 make up nearly half of active cases. Officials hope the new inoculation campaign will help bring down the numbers and perhaps stave off a new wave."

Half the cases for a small age group...

View attachment 67362460
AVvXsEiwMb8lS8qLl_3a3VASAYaAr9__QVcsFhWef6vPf5x5b0lhsJt0Yeo4ewrGtqOitIcRZ-sCKmc9D9LKbKGMlXGEW7uTnqASD_gIbYOv7TQeKd4MXPM2zZ0ZkTNgJ9XF-avlvAGmLZ3Vq5mGI_90S_K0Wwz_Gozl7QIejMd6rv0OsHvin6CtVw

Back
Top Bottom