• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Israel Bans Christian Broadcaster from Airing Message of Jesus Christ

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Israel's regulator has ordered an evangelical Christian broadcaster's new channel off the air, saying it applied to serve a Christian audience but instead has sought to persuade Jews with the gospel of Jesus.

In a statement, the Cable and Satellite Broadcasting Council said its chairman, Asher Biton, told the Israeli cable provider Hot on Thursday that evangelical broadcaster God TV's channel Shelanu — which means "ours" in Hebrew — must come off the air in seven days.

"An examination of the council's supervision wing shows that the channel does not appeal to the Christian population in Israel, but rather to the Jews," the council said in a written statement. "Therefore, the characterization of the channel submitted for approval does not reflect its broadcasts."

The spokesman for Shelanu, Ron Cantor, Israel regional director for God TV, said it was false that the broadcaster had broken its agreement.

Israel orders evangelical Christian media network God TV to take channel off air

Most Democratic Country Ally in Middle East® is more than happy to accept money and military support from Christians, but make no mistake; the gospel of Jesus Christ is not welcome. And so while you may feel obligated to support them, their support for you is purely superficial. Give us your Christian tourism dollars, give us the blood of your Christian boys to fight our wars, but dont try to share your savior with us, or we'll run you out of the country.

You're neither Jewish nor Christian and you hate Jews and Israel with a passion, so pardon me if nobody here takes you seriously.

Most Democratic Country Ally in Middle East® is more than happy to accept money and military support from Christians, but make no mistake; the gospel of Jesus Christ is not welcome. And so while you may feel obligated to support them, their support for you is purely superficial. Give us your Christian tourism dollars, give us the blood of your Christian boys to fight our wars, but dont try to share your savior with us, or we'll run you out of the country.
Your interpretation is most moronic in light of the fact that Christianity is not outlawed in Israel.

God Channel broke its agreement.

But then you don't know a darn thing about Israel anyway, pretty much as you don't know anything about any other country you spout forth on.

Your futile hope of the internet serving as an apt substitute for travel and personal experience gained therefrom, being a delusion.

You're neither Jewish nor Christian and you hate Jews and Israel with a passion, so pardon me if nobody here takes you seriously.

Now, that was persuasive, nuanced, reality based solid thinking!

Irrelevant. There are political parties in Israel seeking to ban Christians, and they've partnered with Netanyahu. That fact doesn't diminish your devotion to Israel in the slightest, and it's not something you care about. I've raised that issue in threads you appeared on.

You're neither Jewish nor Christian and you hate Republicans and America with a passion, so pardon me if nobody here takes you seriously.

There. I rephrased your comment to describe you.

hehe...I mean, it is kind of an interesting piece, in that it presents a rather awkward proposition for Trump's base, who's support of Israel is only second to their weird, weaponized version of evangelical Christianity.

best self-description of your whole post.

Your post was stupid. The State of Israel essentially said that a Christian TV channel can't include jews in who it broadcasts to, in a country that is 75% jewish and 2% Christian. The approval for God TV was made in bad faith by Israel.

hahaha you love to see it-Christians for Israel,yeah sure!!

orthodox christians see israel a greater threat than plaestine or hezbollah

Your post was stupid. The State of Israel essentially said that a Christian TV channel can't include jews in who it broadcasts to, in a country that is 75% jewish and 2% Christian. The approval for God TV was made in bad faith by Israel.

Not even a little bit, but typical anti-Israel bashing from our resident hater.

There are very few Jews in the world. I know they are your bogeymen and under every bed, but the numbers are tiny. Israel is the only stare where they are a majority. They are not looking to use state assets (i.e., spectrum) to allow others to work to convert Jews away from Judaism.

That isn't even remotely a problem or a negative thing.

Incidentally, I am once again shocked - SHOCKED - that you decided to make an Israel-bashing thread out of this where you presumably don't really have anything to say about, for example, the treatment of English speakers in Quebec. Of maybe do literally any other country in the region....

It's almost like you just troll for things you can distort to bash Israel and go to town.

Weird.

File under: "So the hell what?"

There are very few Jews in the world. I know they are your bogeymen and under every bed, but the numbers are tiny. Israel is the only stare where they are a majority. They are not looking to use state assets (i.e., spectrum) to allow others to work to convert Jews away from Judaism.

Incidentally, I am once again shocked - SHOCKED - that you decided to make an Israel-bashing thread out of this where you presumably don't really have anything to say about, for example, the treatment of English speakers in Quebec. Of maybe do literally any other country in the region....

It's almost like you just troll for things you can distort to bash Israel and go to town.

Weird.
When you take the "almost" out of that last sentence, we're there.

Weird.

you think it isnt a bad thing when they insult and ban a religion and we still have people in the west praising Israel for religious freedom?

Human rights experts agree that if the annexation continues in the West Bank, the EU will not impose sanctions against Israel, because this is a democratic annexation, peacefully strewn with the corpses of local residents, and there was no aggressive referendum, as in Crimea.

you think it isnt a bad thing when they insult and ban a religion and we still have people in the west praising Israel for religious freedom?

Israel is expected to have higher standards than the rest of the world.

"The head of Mossad can lead Israel after Netanyahu leaves"
With the compromising material obtained from Epstein the head of the Mossad can become the absolute king of the world.

"The head of Mossad can lead Israel after Netanyahu leaves"
With the compromising material obtained from Epstein the head of the Mossad can become the absolute king of the world.

and with the never ending aid from US-oh yeah

They violated their agreement.

Back
Top Bottom