• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Isn't Trump a RINO?

Has it occurred to you that is a bad thing? Because a open primary means that a party can rat **** the other party's primary.Republicans for example could vote for Sanders because they think he won't stand a chance in the general and democrats could vote for Trump because they think Clinton will curb stomp him in the general. Or republicans can rat **** the democrat primary by voting for the most conservative democrat possible so that in case they lose the general a die hard left wing loon doesn't get elected and democrats could vote for the most liberal Republican so that if they lose the general then they still get a liberal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_primaries_in_the_United_States#Manipulation_and_dilution

No, it's a good thing. The effect of vote manipulation in that way are non-existent.

Maybe it is because in most National Polls trump does badly against Hillary and Sanders and maybe in part because being an Independent and knowing lots of other real Independents personally and knowing not one of them supports Trump I would say Trump does not have the support some claim he does. Look at it this way Trump cannot even get 50% of republicans to support him in the primaries, the only reason he leads is because of the way the system works and the number of candidates that were in the race. Along with that is Trump is so "different" from his counter parts in the GOP, makes me laugh every time I say that about the Democrat in Republican clothing, then why on earth would those Republicans that do not support him now support him in the National Elections? Not to mention Independent voters, and no we are not talking about Repubs and Dems that all of a sudden refer to themselves as Indes but yet have voted straight ticket all their lives, we are talking about those that take a hard long look at the candidates, and close scrutiny of Trump is never a good thing for him when it is applied. If you believe that Trump would be a Conservative President I have some bottom land to sell you, all you have to do is drain the swamp and get rid of the alligators, snakes and bugs and it will be ready for you to move into.
My first post in this thread was stating that Trump is not a conservative, and that I don't care about DINO/RINO labels. Everything else you mentioned is just a rant that's tripping over itself. You know who else is not getting 50% of the Republican vote in the primaries? Everyone who ran, so what's the purpose in bringing up a misleading Ted Cruz talking point?

It's interesting that you say you care about creating jobs, and yet apparently are content to let Obamacare--the biggest job killer there is--survive. I don't agree that Mr. Trump is knocking the issues you mention out of the park. How could he, when he cannot even articulate coherent positions on them?
The ACA is not the reason why jobs have been getting shipped out of this country for nearly 20 years. That's a problem that needs addressed and nobody in the GOP establishment had any interest in addressing the biggest job killer this nation faces: bad trade agreements.

My first post in this thread was stating that Trump is not a conservative, and that I don't care about DINO/RINO labels. Everything else you mentioned is just a rant that's tripping over itself. You know who else is not getting 50% of the Republican vote in the primaries? Everyone who ran, so what's the purpose in bringing up a misleading Ted Cruz talking point?

I am disgusted with the entire field, Dems and Repubs, if they are the best this Nation can do for the highest office in the land then we are done, finished and out of here as leader of the free world. As for Donald I am still amazed that so many Conservatives can support him as if he has a conservative bone in his body, they guy was open about his ties to the Democrats yet so many are still buying his BS, what the heck is up with that. The Donald knows how to work the rubes into buying his snake oil, it is the only explanation I can come up with, tell em what they want to hear and they will believe anything you say.

I am disgusted with the entire field, Dems and Repubs, if they are the best this Nation can do for the highest office in the land then we are done, finished and out of here as leader of the free world. As for Donald I am still amazed that so many Conservatives can support him as if he has a conservative bone in his body, they guy was open about his ties to the Democrats yet so many are still buying his BS, what the heck is up with that. The Donald knows how to work the rubes into buying his snake oil, it is the only explanation I can come up with, tell em what they want to hear and they will believe anything you say.
Here's an example of the ESTABLISHMENT and what they spend their time one As a caveat, ee's a governor and this might be something good for the people of UTAH, but his actions aren't all that different from the JESUS FREAKS in congress who waste everyone's time with similar proposals. You won't see DOnald Trump wasting a second on this type of nonsense.

Trump doesn't talk about the Constitution because anyone paying attention knows that the GOP doesn't actually give a **** about it. You have GOP candidates saying they're going to ignore the ruling of the Supreme Court when it comes to Gay Marriage. You have people in the Republican party who supported an American being held in Guantanamo Bay without trial.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 There are grassroots organizations across this country who are very much committed in saving the Constitution and their candidate is Ted Cruz. They are the army that shows up at every convention that votes for delegates who favor Ted Cruz. It is why Cruz has been so successful in the delegate battle. These people cross all titles. They are conservatives, independents, Republicans and Reagan Democrats. They are patriots.

No, it's a good thing.

Its a good thing that people who are registered with other parties vote in parties that they are not registered too?
The effect of vote manipulation in that way are non-existent.

If that is true then shouldn't Trump win in in every closed primary state?

The ACA is not the reason why jobs have been getting shipped out of this country for nearly 20 years. That's a problem that needs addressed and nobody in the GOP establishment had any interest in addressing the biggest job killer this nation faces: bad trade agreements.

You do know that part of Trump's clothing line is made in China,Mexico and other countries?

You do know that part of Trump's clothing line is made in China,Mexico and other countries?

Trump is taking advantage of the bad trade deals. Don't want someone to take advantage of bad trade deals? Don't create bad trade deals.

Trump is taking advantage of the bad trade deals. Don't want someone to take advantage of bad trade deals? Don't create bad trade deals.

Someone who campaigns against outsourcing should have his clothing line made in the US so that Americans instead of foreigners can have those jobs. Instead he is a hypocrite. He is no different than a preacher who preaches against homosexuality and excessive drinking while engaging in those activities himself.

Someone who campaigns against outsourcing should have his clothing line made in the US so that Americans instead of foreigners can have those jobs. Instead he is a hypocrite. He is no different than a preacher who preaches against homosexuality and excessive drinking while engaging in those activities himself.

I can see why you feel that way but I disagree.

I can see why you feel that way but I disagree.
Most people would agree with me that someone who campaigns against outsourcing should have his products made in the US so that Americans can have those jobs.After all its not impossible for anyone to make their products in the US seeing how there are lots of companies that still do make their products in the US.

You think Trump will Fix bad trade agreements even when he doesn't get the best trade agreements today? He still ships people in to build his hotels and he makes his clothes in china. Yet you think that will help the AMERICAN working class you claim to be fighting for??? Sounds like to me you are just using another talking point because nothing in Trump's history suggests that he is any good at making trade agreements.

You think Trump will Fix bad trade agreements even when he doesn't get the best trade agreements today? He still ships people in to build his hotels and he makes his clothes in china. Yet you think that will help the AMERICAN working class you claim to be fighting for??? Sounds like to me you are just using another talking point because nothing in Trump's history suggests that he is any good at making trade agreements.

Trump has never shied away from his track record as a businessman and he has never denied that he does business within the system that exists, and that system favors illegal immigration and outsourcing among other things that need to be corrected. He has never apologized for or denied that he has contributed to powerful people in both parties because he, like all other businessmen, has to operate his businesses regardless of who controls Congress or occupies the White House at any given time. Anybody who has read Peter Schweizer's excellent book Extortion better understands how all that works.

And frankly, that is one reason I think Trump has resonated so well with so many. He is telling it like it is and he is being real. Those who call him hypocrite are those who have never walked even a few blocks in his 'moccasins'. Those who have lived and worked within the system really are as competent as anybody to understand and deal with the problems that exist. He knows what needs to be fixed. And he is probably as competent as anybody to figure out how to fix it. And he has no reason not to do that which the establishment does.

Sometimes I think Schweizer's book should be required reading for every citizen:

ALEX-11.jpg

All throughout the past four years conservatives were angry because in their opinion another RINO lost the election. I just don't understand this anti-establishment attitude and the conspiracy theories surrounding them. The old image of smoke-filled rooms and old rich white guys making deals about who will and how things get done are often colorfully described by these same conservatives who want Trump in office. You know the guy who essentially says, he will sit in smoke-filled rooms with other rich white guys making deals about who will and how things get done???

Despite the fact that Trump is the very part of the establishment that is supposed to make blue-collar worker's angry at the seems, it doesn't seem to hurt him thanks to his boisterous and vague positions marketed to his supporters like bible verses. Indeed, they pipe them out like hymns and psalms and whenever I question a Trump supporter asking for deep insight on how he will actually change things or get things done, they sing his praises anyway. Remind you of anyone else's supporters?

The very meaning of the loosely defined pejorative that is RINO or Republican In Name Only. Fits Donald Trump to a tee. in the nearly 70 years that he has been walking on this Earth Trump has been a Republican for a relatively short period of time. His latest return to the Republican Party coincidentally happened in 2012. So Trump has only been a Republican for the past four years...

If these naive voters are really seeking the change and conservative-minded and principled Republican that they were supposedly fighting for all these years. NOTE: They didn't like McCain or Romney and some don't even like Bush... There are two other people in the race who falls into that category. One especially cannot pin the RINO label on Ted Cruz, for instance. Even the Governor John Kasich has been a pretty level headed conservative governor most recently defunding planned parenthood in Ohio.

Donald Trump does not have that proven track record that conservatives have been complaining about and wanting ever since the Tea Party appeared on the national stage! Donald Trump's flip flops are clear as day and happen almost everyday in a weird twisting of the Republican platform into hyper-partisan rants and conspiracy theories. Letting Hillary laugh all the way to the bank in order to trump up support for her own beliefs about that vast right wing conspiracy out to get her. That more often than not some in the media liken Donald Trump to the same categories in the political garbage chute as Hitler and ISIS. All this, even without mentioning his party changes.

To me, it's just odd that these voters are yet again listening to a man who is promising big hope and change after supposedly complaining about the other guy who offered the same thing just eight years ago. When Trump just happened to be a Democrat and paved the way for Obama to be elected. If you compare Trump's and Obama's beliefs they may be far apart but the way their supporters act are one and the same. The result that Trump and Obama supporters expect or expected are one and the same. We shouldn't be listening for more vague and empty promises from a clear as day empty suit.

Trump is definitely anti-establishment but he is certainly not a "true conservative". Any "true conservatives" who hate RINO's and are voting for Trump are going to be in for a big surprise if Trump is actually elected president. They will be on their hands and knees begging for a RINO by then.

Back
Top Bottom