• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Isnt this the same as Watergate??

Wait for the IG report. It's coming soon.

Soon.

Funny. The IG is one outfit that doesn't seem to leak. I've heard it's coming soon. Now if we could only bounce Jeff Sessions back to Beanfart Alabama, we can get some justice.

Horse dump and upping the font size just says horse dung in larger letters.
You won't silence me.

The IG report is coming and this frame job is falling apart.

You won't silence me.

The IG report is coming and this frame job is falling apart.

Good luck seeing the IG report include a SPY being embedded in the Trump campaign. You hold your breadth for that. I want you guys holding your breadth for that. There will be less of you around in November.

Isnt planting an FBI spy inside the Trump campaign the same as the electronic spying that went on in Watergate??
I fail to see much difference. And I'm not buying the "we put him there to protect Trump" excuse:

https://nypost.com/2018/05/19/cambridge-professor-outed-as-fbi-informant-inside-trump-campaign/

The first thing I'm curious about is this claim that the informant (FBI "spy" if you prefer) was "inside" the Trump campaign. As I understand it, this individual had conversations with three people who were themselves inside the Trump campaign (that is, they were either hired by the campaign or were recognized officially as volunteers). That doesn't put them "inside" the campaign.

Steele had a UK Intelligence Officer with specificity to Russia. What do you think Intelligence Officers do whether from here or the UK or from anywhere else. Do you think he was dropping guys in bowler hats that stopped for tea at 4:00pm into Russia? That would have been a great way to get people killed.

I will say it again because is so easy to use the same response over and over. Either you people are obtuse beyond belief or you simply don't care.

That's a nice circumlocution. I ask you again. Are the Russians allies? If it's a horrible crime for Trump to have supposedly colluded with the Russians, why is it OK for Steele and the Democrats to have trusted their information? Obtuse is thinking one is terrible and the other is OK.

That's a nice circumlocution. I ask you again. Are the Russians allies? If it's a horrible crime for Trump to have supposedly colluded with the Russians, why is it OK for Steele and the Democrats to have trusted their information? Obtuse is thinking one is terrible and the other is OK.

It does not matter what Steele trusted or not. It only matters that the FBI corroborated what they used from other sources. Steele himself has suggested that the odds on the salacious "Trump Hotel Room" is 50% and the FBI did not move on any of that. In fact, Comey would not move on it when Trump asked him to move on it because it had not been corroborated and hence there was nothing to move on.

You folks have a half answer for everything.

If you want this investigation to come to an end, urge the trump administration to come clean about everything they know. But if they continue to force investigators and investigative journalists to ferret out the truth then this is going to get dragged out for a very long time
You just evaded my point. Should Hillary then also not be in jail for conspiring with a British MI6 agent when she obtained the Steele dossier??

You just evaded my point.

If you’re content with trump not being forthcoming about his connections to Russian interests then you’ll have to be content with the investigation dragging on.

It does not matter what Steele trusted or not. It only matters that the FBI corroborated what they used from other sources. Steele himself has suggested that the odds on the salacious "Trump Hotel Room" is 50% and the FBI did not move on any of that. In fact, Comey would not move on it when Trump asked him to move on it because it had not been corroborated and hence there was nothing to move on.

You folks have a half answer for everything.

It's not a half answer. It's a 100% valid point. Why should we trust anything derived from Russian sources? Because it's detrimental to Trump? The truth is that the FBI didn't have squat to justify a FISA warrant and they failed to reveal where their info came from or how much of it had been vetted. The whole thing is a frail house of cards about to collapse. The FBI should start working on its own defense instead of trying to pin fabricated nonsense on Trump.

That's a nice circumlocution. I ask you again. Are the Russians allies? If it's a horrible crime for Trump to have supposedly colluded with the Russians, why is it OK for Steele and the Democrats to have trusted their information? Obtuse is thinking one is terrible and the other is OK
When trump does it its collusion, when Demorats do it its called "opposition research"

If you’re content with trump not being forthcoming about his connections to Russian interests then you’ll have to be content with the investigation dragging on.

You mean for Trump to make some mia culpa where nothing exists. Trump having had business dealings either with Russians or in Russia prior to his running for President has nothing to do with anything. This investigation that has now spread its tentacles everywhere in a desperate quest to find something is a disgrace. The point of the investigation was to find out whether there had been collusion with the Russian government, period. Instead we're off on who paid Stormy Daniels. Nobody gives a damn except desperate Democrats.

Still evading my question

Your question is irrelevant. So long as trump leaves it to investigators and journalists to ferret out the truth, then the mueller investigation will continue on. If trump decided to be completely honest today then mueller could end his investigation before the end of the week.

Your question is irrelevant. So long as trump leaves it to investigators and journalists to ferret out the truth, then the mueller investigation will continue on. If trump decided to be completely honest today then mueller could end his investigation before the end of the week
Lets forget aboot Trump for a second and lets focus solely on Hillary. Here's my question again:

Should Hillary not be criminally charged for conspiring with a British MI6 agent when she obtained the Steele dossier??

You mean for Trump to make some mia culpa where nothing exists. Trump having had business dealings either with Russians or in Russia prior to his running for President has nothing to do with anything. This investigation that has now spread its tentacles everywhere in a desperate quest to find something is a disgrace. The point of the investigation was to find out whether there had been collusion with the Russian government, period. Instead we're off on who paid Stormy Daniels. Nobody gives a damn except desperate Democrats.

If his connections to Russian interests don’t matter then he should be completely forthcoming instead of lying at every turn. But as he and everyone around him has gone with the lying option, well, here we are.

Why should we trust anything derived from Russian sources?

That's not the way spies or the FBI works.

You need confirmation, preferably documentation.

What's funny about this is that there are tons of evidence, this is a massive case that keeps getting bigger. When I say that, I don't mean new revelations, I mean new crimes, like blackmailing Qatar.

This is like being stuck in a cheesy crime comedy from the late 70s.

Lets forget aboot Trump for a second

No can do; I might be infracted for trying to take the thread off topic. Do you deny that if trump and everyone around him stopped lying the investigation could finally end?

If his connections to Russian interests don’t matter then he should be completely forthcoming instead of lying at every turn. But as he and everyone around him has gone with the lying option, well, here we are.

Conversely, if they don't matter, nobody should be asking about them. The idea was to find collusion with the Russian government. Obviously, they haven't found any.

Conversely, if they don't matter, nobody should be asking about them. The idea was to find collusion with the Russian government. Obviously, they haven't found any.

Then trump should stop lying and we can put this to rest.

It's much worse than Watergate. Watergate resulted from a bunch of amateurs breaking into the DNC and Nixon trying to protect them afterwards. This is a weaponization of the FBI and/or intelligence services to try to dig up dirt on a political opponent to destroy his campaign and elect your candidate. That effort has continued post-election to try and remove Trump from office once the initial effort failed.

So they weaponized the FBI but somehow our intelligence services weren't even able to dig up the Stormy Daniels story before the election? Are you saying our intelligence services are that incompetent?

I'll play along. Explain to me how this plot was intended to work? Let's say they wanted to "spy" on the Trump campaign. What were they hoping to hear? Were they hoping that Carter Page would call Trump and Trump would say, "Hey Carter, I'm embezzling money. I have dead bodies buried in my basement." Was that their plan?

This idea that the FBI was plotting makes no sense. The plot is idiotic. The FBI ended up hurting Hillary Clinton.

LOL....thats not why you refuse to answer my question. You're evading because you know she's guilty as hell

What do you know about the trump tower meeting?

Back
Top Bottom